• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FGD~ Time to get SHTL done

JUDGE

Smash Lord
@asidoh
if he perfect space his ftilt, try dashattack immediatly after he hit your shield
use the cstick, otherwise it could end in a ftilt
aim for a sourspot a sweetspot is as risky as a grab
you could also shielddash in his range but i recommend to roll away and reset the situation

crifer

Smash Lord
In the last time I often shield the first hit of snake´s ftilt and spotdodge the second and punish with dash attack, usmash or something else.
If your shield get hit by the second ftilt you get too much knockback and slide too far away + the shieldstun is pretty big.
Although I have to say spot dodging the second hit can be risky, if the snake realizes that pattern and does the second ftilt later/utilt/grab/pivot grab or whatever.
Another method is air dodging into him from above or (better) behind him.
F tilt is a pretty big problem in the snake MU, imo.

Luxor

Smash Champion
Looking at the Snake frame data thread, you have 10 frames to punish between hits and 21 frames to punish after ftilt2. I can't say how long you have if they ftilt1--> walk away (Snake's best option) since their data thread doesn't have that, the sillies. I'll look it up in a few hours.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Me? I'm alright. Been pretty rage-free for the past few days because I haven't been playing Brawl wifi.
I'm gonna go fix that now, I'll tell you how many I lose.

edit: beat some Diddy 2-0 with Fox, played a Bowser, beat him barely game 1 with Fox, lost barely game 2 with Kirby, barely lost game 3 with Kirby. The lag was atrocious. Reminding me yet again why I don't play wifi.
I remember a year or so ago, there was a good Bowser main around here. I lost to him on wifi, trashed him offline. x_x

M@v

Subarashii!
Had a pretty bad *** dream a couple nights ago. Me and some other guys(all in suits, so Im guessin we were FBI) were trying to rescue a kidnapped girl. I thought for sure she was dead because I heard a lot of gunshots, but apparently some of the kidnappers turned on each other. We cleared the building of the rest of them with m16s. Felt like I was playing airsoft.....but for real, well, dream-real?

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
wow Fox boards, wow.

I am going to revive you with this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFBWOASNF6Y

so anyway, I don't think wifi is helping me much other than learning the occasional matchup quirks. If I were to play it seriously, I would develop stupid habits, like I noticed Foxes spam Fsmash more successfully on wifi, and that's baaad offline.
Anyway what I wanted to ask, do you guys practice Fox stuff offline? What exactly do you do? :/

I'm gonna practice Melee more, just because

Zhamy

Smash Champion
I go with the mango advice: make your character move fast

Oh wait that's for melee lol

Uzima (Uzi)

Smash Lord
Also, anyone got Metroid: Other M yet?
I got it the second day it was out, played it for like 4 hours, moved to something else, went back for like 3, and havnt been back to it in like 4 days.
ima try to finish it tonight/tomarow, then sell it, its got no replay value at all, plus i got the other nintendo games to look forward to, i was never really a metroid fan, but i felt like giving this a shot.

I'll give it a 7/10

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Pretty good animation, Terrible writing/ voice acting. Terrible delivery. No puzzles that are expected in a metroid game (only abusing the camera angle, something that's generally considered a bad decision because instead of being challenging by merit, it's challenging because you have to work with your difficult viewing system, admitting failure). (As stated) no replay value. Contains many "game" elements that are frustrating, break consistency, and are otherwise just there to give it that "MTV" feeling of modern filmography. I can't really speak for the control system, as I didn't actually play the game, but In my opinion schemes that require you to change the way you hold the controller are worse than those that don't in general. It's funny cause my game design class went over specific concepts that good games have and shouldn't be violated, and several of them were outright wrong in M:OM (which got played heavily at my apartment around that lecture)

I'd give it a 3/10

I guess it's parallelism to Metroid Fusion is cool.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
awww depressing reviews. I've really been looking forward to it :(

then again I never finished metroid prime 3, despite beating MP1 and 2 at least twice each. I think it's because the atmosphere of the game isn't as fun, and the Wii controls are uncomfortable to me for that game.

edit: just youtubed "tkd fox" and sorted by upload date and there are a ton of videos from like 2 weeks ago :D

:D

edit2: problem is that TKD is so much better than these guys that it's no contest :(
edit3: except MogX lol o_o

I'm proud I can call out stuff before it happens though, at least when he's fighting Kirby.
"don't tornado or you'll die!" (he tornadoes and dies)
"don't get kirbycided- oh too late x_x"

DON'T MESS UP THAT ARWING!

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
its sad to hear that otherM isn't that great. i guess i will be tring it when the price drops cause im too broke to buy it new.

what else has been up guys, i haven't been by in forever

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Wow fox boards pick it up :( this is terrible.

I blame Me for not being here as often, but until I find a job I am going to be non existant in the brawl scene

Top Bottom