• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FGD~ Time to get SHTL done

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Fox vs Wario is fun.

Playing Snakes in Mexico isn't fun.

edit: playing Snakes from anywhere isn't fun x_x
There's this guy that uses Snake/Fox on AiB, he's ranked really high on the ladder and he's 13-1. I played Kirby vs Snake, had a pretty close 2-1 set but I lost, then we did friendlies. I beat his Fox every game with Kirby, and then I 2-stocked him with Snake even though I don't use Snake ;_;
My Snake is so bad...

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
If you're talking about Fox Mcloud He's a wifi scrub smh.... very gimmicky playstyle if he didnt lag he wouldnt have half his wins (which are all snake cuz his fox is horrible lol).
hey don't be too mean s/he is from Indiana like me :O

but yes that's the person. Fox isn't very good, Snake is good enough to win. Fox takes a ridiculous amount of practice to be any good with on wifi though. Well, offline too :bee:

What does smh mean :[ I can't believe I don't know because I've seen it so many times.
I always think "so much hate"

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
i don't know what it means either.
or afaik.
or iirc.
i'm not down with the kids language these days :urg:

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
as far as i know
if i recall correctly
in my (honest/humble?) opinion
this peace is what all true warriors strive for (TPIWATWSF)

I just wanna tell you how i'm feeling

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Yeah, I'm still alive, and still doing my foxie thing :)

Moving was the easy part, but I need to find a job, so I won't be active until that happens,. Thought I'd stop in though for a hello :)

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
My Fox got trashed by a Snake on wifi because I kept running into every tilt ever. And I couldn't punish his Fsmash spam.

So I went Olimar and beat him on brinstar, and had a close game on BF, even though I don't play Olimar.

So I really should pick up Olimar just to beat Snakes on wifi. -_-

Sonic-Rave

Smash Journeyman
My Fox got trashed by a Snake on wifi because I kept running into every tilt ever. And I couldn't punish his Fsmash spam.

So I went Olimar and beat him on brinstar, and had a close game on BF, even though I don't play Olimar.

So I really should pick up Olimar just to beat Snakes on wifi. -_-
What is this I don't even...

EDIT: IBLIS!!! Whaz good? :3

I seriously don't know which song you guys want xD, or if you want it to be in an embedded window/autoplay/not viewable?

DarkAura

Smash Lord
i don't care what song you ever play... but PLEASE on at least one page i hear something from final fantasy... that stuff just makes me happy

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Guys, what are we supposed to do exactly against Fal-
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=247613

this seems... outdated, and wrong in some areas. Reading the summary in the first post is kind of painful, not only because of the bad grammar but the info. Falco's Nair is useless? Really??

Imad.

I basically want to know how the hell to beat Falcos on wifi. I don't have too much trouble offline, but I've lost to like, every single Falco I've played on wifi while using Fox.

oh yeah... Fox's jab-jab-cancel (that's what JJC is right?)
How useful is it REALLY? I can do it against some people, but it doesn't really seem... good. If it's jabjab(down)jabjab(down) that's what I'm doing. It kinda sucks too how if you hold it down just a split second too long, you go into Fox's multijab which sux.

edit: and oh yeah, is it true that Fox can jump cancel Reflector after he reflects a projectile? Is it lagless like in Melee? Why didn't I know that ;_;?

Sonic-Rave

Smash Journeyman
I basically want to know how the hell to beat Falcos on wifi. I don't have too much trouble offline, but I've lost to like, every single Falco I've played on wifi while using Fox.
Wait for lag to kick in? And I'd like to know how Falco gets easier to play against offline since well, they can also do all their crap better offline than on wifi.

oh yeah... Fox's jab-jab-cancel (that's what JJC is right?)
How useful is it REALLY? I can do it against some people, but it doesn't really seem... good.
It's purty gewd :3

Zhamy

Smash Champion
It's good if your opponent has bad DI or reaction time. Otherwise. it's decent for frame trapping.

Player-3

Smash Hero
iblis!!!

when are you gonna show up to another tourny???

we need to team more (this time with my new mk, it's not a pocket mk anymore!)

JNB328522

Smash Apprentice
Guys, what are we supposed to do exactly against Fal-
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=247613

this seems... outdated, and wrong in some areas. Reading the summary in the first post is kind of painful, not only because of the bad grammar but the info. Falco's Nair is useless? Really??

Imad.
I suggest to start do match-ups like the samus boards Its way more organize and used quotes from their discussions so its not as much work
I feel we are losing track in are current match-up discussions and I feel that it will never be finished

Luxor

Smash Champion
Hey guys, I finished a .pac for Fox's hitbubbles! Click to download!

http://www.mediafire.com/?vpfendgh082tu20

Now, don't get too excited- I haven't tested it out yet and I bet a bunch of stuff is wrong with it. I'm busy atm and can't look at it in-game yet, but go ahead and try it out. Tell me what's wrong, if anything, and if it's all good it would be great if someone could make a vid, since I can't. All the other codes you'll need for the vid are here:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=254970
Hope this works! Atm only basic moves (jab, dash attack, tilts, smashes, aerials) and grabs are done. I might do ledge attacks and things later. Dtaunt to start the glow, Utaunt to end it. Someone try this out!

EDIT: Apparently Bionic already did it like a month ago >:[
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=282108
^Use this instead, I trust it more.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I'm trying out Bio's but my game just crashed lol :(

gonna try out the rest and then try yours and see how they compare

edit: ok done with Bio's, everything looks... pretty normal to be honest. Fox doesn't seem to have any exceptionally broken hitboxes UNLIKE OTHER CHARCTERS :mad:
His Dtilt is kinda broken, assuming the hitbox Bio has is correct o_o but Dtilt is still a trash move so yeah.

edit2: ok, Bio's hitbubbles crashed when I did Fox's rapid kicks, and yours crashed when I did Ftilt. Funny note about Bio's: when I did upward-angled Ftilt, there was no kicking sound, but there was on normal/downward Ftilt lol.
Anyway, Jab looks bigger than normal in both, especially in yours. Dtilt looks kinda way too big in yours, could just be my imagination.

Anyway, I'm done for the night. tl;dr: Fox seems to have some of the most normal hitboxes, unlike some other characters that have obnoxiously broken hitboxes. Still a good character though.

Out of all his aerials, Upair seems to have the biggest in relation to what the attack actually looks like. Dair and Fair look normal, Bair looks a bit smallish but not too bad, Nair looks semi-big and is of course useful.
Fsmash looks kinda small, upsmash is decently big, and Dsmash looks a little bigger than it appears on his front and back ends at the feet, if these hitbubbles are accurate.
Uptilt is pretty big.

I forgot to check grab but yeah I'm done :D

Luxor

Smash Champion
I guess I know why Ftilt crashed, but I really didn't expect it to. Shrug.

Anyway, I know for sure that there's scaling issues on jab in my version at least, possibly in Bio's too. IDK about whether Dtilt or anything has the same problems.
And you didn't check grabs? That's like the biggest one! ;)
Anyway, I'm rather pleased just to hear that it worked at all. I'm learnin' this PSA stuff everyday. Next up is to learn how to decipher specials, lol. A normal move has maybe 10 lines in PSA, specials have like 100 and they're all weird and hard to understand :/

Thanks for checking all this stuff out, man!

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
oh hey guys. are there different ways to land with Illusion so that it has less lag than normal? someone mentioned that I should do it but I don't even know how, or if it's possible >_>

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
I tried to fix the scaling issues but even trying AMKalmar's(?) method produced little results, though I think they're really close.

The rapid jab was sort of a coding mistake -- but I don't have a fix for Attack100 stuff, and removing the one line that freezes it kinda disables rapid kick hitbubbles while holding A. :ohwell:

Also, the Ftilt is because it's looking for a specific area (offset) and because you changed it to add new lines, it'll freeze because it got moved to the end of the file and not where it's programmed to be lol.

I know I meant to teach Hilt this, but want to tackle Olimar's hitbubbles and his 73 Individual Pikmin Attacks?!?!?!?!

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
hey guys serious talk.

apparently you can't jump cancel reflector after reflecting a projectile, I don't know why someone said that >=(

And how do you punish Snake's Ftilt out of shield? Like, if he's spacing it pretty well, and you shield (not perfect shield) both hits, is there anything you can do besides run away to camp moar? Whenever I try to punish those ftilts, they just spam another Ftilts and it hits me first.

Also I've been doing waaaay better against Lucario players since I started using Fox.

...it sucks on the ladder though, when you beat someone with Fox, and then you're terrified they'll counterpick pikachu ;_;
I practiced against Truth's Pikachu yesterday, I was like "maybe I can do this"
I got him to like 92% first stock, then he decided it was time to chaingrab my next three stocks to death. You can't even laser him if he's crouching, ugh

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
maybe you're running too far?
do an aerial out of shield, or dash grab.
maybe the grab armor will save you.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
I suggest to start do match-ups like the samus boards Its way more organize and used quotes from their discussions so its not as much work
I feel we are losing track in are current match-up discussions and I feel that it will never be finished
So that's like a pretty bad idea. Appreciate that you think Samus boards are productive though, i'ma tell the guys, they will love you :p

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
maybe you're running too far?
do an aerial out of shield, or dash grab.
maybe the grab armor will save you.
Nair out of shield works well in a lot of situations, I'll try that some more but it will probably be too far away, or trade hits.
Eating part of Ftilt to risk grab armor isn't worth it. Every point of damage counts, especially against Snake. Especially with one as light as Fox.

Luxor

Smash Champion
On the contrary, nightmares give you a chance to experience something you can't normally that could be exhilarating. Nightmares are a great source of entertainment if you're not a *****.
It's kind of exhilarating while you fall but I hate the "clunk" when you hit your bed and wake up. You know the one.

Top Bottom