• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FGD~ Time to get SHTL done

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
maybe another time, I'm done for the night. Got some Olimar practice so I know the matchup a little better. Still boggling about how his uptilt beats Fox's Dair.
Anyway, I learned that uptilt generally gets pikmin off you, SHTL is perfect for destroying his pikmin throws, because of the angle they come at you, anddddd upsmash. Also watch for rolldodge habits, I wonder if most Olimars rolldodge a lot to get out of the way >_> or they could just pivot grab since it's practically unbeatable >:E

If I could change one thing about Olimar, it would probably be to make his grab easier to spotdodge. The pikmin seems to linger, and often grabs you even if you dodge it, it's annoying.

I always thought it would be interesting to change ONE thing about any character to balance the game, you know? Like, if Balanced Brawl limited itself to only one change per character. You could change multiple aspects of a move, as long as you're only changing one move, or you could change other things about the character.

For example:
MK: I'd give Shuttle Loop some startup lag, kind of like Kirby's Final Cutter, and I'd remove its invincibility when grounded. Also, since the glide attack is part of that move, I'd give the glide attack just a tiny bit more (I mean, any) lag when he uses it, so no more glide attack->instant dsmash crap. I think that would make MK more balanced, since his ridiculously fast Shuttle Loop is the thing that screws character over quite often.

Snake: just make him lighter so he dies earlier, and bam, a pretty balanced character despite his retardedly broken moves.

Kirby: if anything, I'd just give him a little bit faster airspeed.

Jigglypuff: make Rest retardedly strong like it was in Melee, since you can't automatically combo into it anymore :D?

Marth: he's pretty balanced don't you think?

you guys ever had any ideas like that?

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
shuttle loop without invincibility and more startup would be complete crap.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Isn't this the Fox boards, where we're supposed to talk about how cute Jenkins' sister is?

Uzima (Uzi)

Smash Lord
I have only been there once, and for very short period of time, I believe I said "My eyes, They burn"

Bam, here you go. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R32QxX1Iq70
if thats the story i think it is...
-.-

thats like saying, 2 psycos that killed their friends or parents and finding out their pro smash players, and only refering to them as such when talking about them killing people.

furries take so much **** flack for the duchbags that enter the group.
we cant exactly kick people out >.>
so any ****tard that calls himself a furry and does something insane imidiatly screws it up for the sane people in the group.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
i'm still near the top of the list of the posters in this thread even though i haven't actively posted here in like a year. :urg:
step up your spam, foxes. that's what GDs are for. :(

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
click on "posts" from the fox boards forum for this thread.

where IS jenkins, anyway? :(

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Man, don't I feel out o the loop :p

Did he post a picture of his sister? or was it one of those "I have a sister" and that was enough ?

Zhamy

Smash Champion
Dude, Jenkins' sister is actually pretty hot. I saw the photos. Everyone on the Fox boards has; courtesy of TKD.

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda

Lightning93

Smash Champion
Dude, Jenkins' sister is actually pretty hot. I saw the photos. Everyone on the Fox boards has; courtesy of TKD.
EXCUSE ME. Oh wait, no... actually Jenkins did show us. About a several hundred pages back or so...
well.... since you asked...
You guys got off lucky. First time I asked, he gave me a pic of something that wasn't even human, and more than just as disgusting.

Luzluzluzluzluzluzluzluzlzulzuz!~!~!~!~!

M@v

Subarashii!
Well. Inui wants to mm 5 fox vs ike for $5....serious business I know....better start getting the rust off.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
so I just lost to an Olimar on wifi and realized that Fox can't beat Olimar's planking

this game is pretty stupid.

also, Olimar is ****ing ********. even his non-pikmin moves have insane priority. I think I got hit by an ftilt that went to the right, when i was coming down from above and to the left with Dair..?

Lightning93

Smash Champion
I haven't seen Iblis at all... I hope he's okay... or at least around...

And yeah I have no idea what to do in the Olimar MU. So many ideas come into mind, but then they're just shot down by uncertainty and I'm like wtf. How do you fight this guy?

Top Bottom