• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FGD~ Time to get SHTL done

Lightning93

Smash Champion
Yeah I guess from a logical standpoint that makes sense. However... I also do things that make people happy that don't necessarily make me happy, but because I feel there is a greater cause at play. Selfish motives I guess can "benefit" more than one person, but at the end of the day I feel that I should know I can still perform acts of "good" even if they don't give me any personal redemption.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
Yeah I guess from a logical standpoint that makes sense. However... I also do things that make people happy that don't necessarily make me happy, but because I feel there is a greater cause at play. Selfish motives I guess can "benefit" more than one person, but at the end of the day I feel that I should know I can still perform acts of "good" even if they don't give me any personal redemption.
I'm neutral/evil.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
"I fell there is a greater cause at play" and that working with/for that cause is beneficial for you. Either because you feel you're working for a better cause, or that working towards that better cause creates a better world (that you live in, and you would like a better world).

I'm neutral/evil.
As long as all you do is in your best interest, I say there's no real difference, and that you're doing it right.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I want to play wifi with someone :/

Rookie was on AIM with an "anyone wanna wifi?" status but he IGNORE ME D:

So it's probably too late for tonight, but maybe tomorrow or something anyone? -_-

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
Wanted to pop my head in to wish Cherry a happy birthday and agree with him about his whole life post.

Make sure you get your **** together because life does suck if you don't have things in order out of high school.

To be honest, life sucks period lol. One has to make life suck less. =D

Lightning93

Smash Champion
I suppose so SCOTU. But really in that circumstance all I would be choosing is the lesser of two evils. However, when I say selfish, I mean acting in my own stead. And I see your point about how from the right perspective everything I do is in my own stead. Like creating a better world for my children and the children of others. That's selfish, because it's something I want.

I guess being selfish isn't always as bad as it's deemed to be.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
so I played wifi because you guys are lame

and lost to a random Ganondorf like I always do

like, what the HELL

I beat TP's Ganon in friendlies with Fox, but on wifi I can barely pull off a 1-2 set against a Ganon. He was good, but his record was like 3-6 or something. I can run circles around ganons offline, but...

Oh and I beat Cheese because he suicided repeatedly with MK/Snake, this is a temporary ladder apparently. Anyway, he was mad because apparently my lag is worse than other peoples, so he said he knows not to play me now, which is pretty much what he says every time I play him. I've played him like 5 times over the course of Brawl lol

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Wanted to pop my head in to wish Cherry a happy birthday and agree with him about his whole life post.

Make sure you get your **** together because life does suck if you don't have things in order out of high school.

To be honest, life sucks period lol. One has to make life suck less. =D
Ya know, you pretty much summed it up. I think life sucks, but I am a happy guy :p. I unno, I think that if I'm happy I'm sticking it to life, all the depression around us makes it hard to be happy, like Life is laughing at all the unfairness, and unjustice in this world. Little things in life make me happy, I am extremely thankful for the country I live in, the life I have and the ability to do so much in this life. And yet, upset that no matter what I do in this life, I don't think anyone outside of Canada will be impacted in any way.

I take pleasure from fixing the little things, making people happy momentarily, with jokes and such. Or reading people like a book and trying to help them get over/past an issue. Kinda why I want to go into psychology, that and I find the brain fascinating.

@ Asdioh: I totally would have played, Maybe I'll catch you tomorrow if your still up for it.

GeneralWoodman

Smash Lord
i haz da best fox now. I beated all my friends today and i watched that tkd guy and hes not good compared to me. you can all praise me now and ask for tips. thnx in advance k bye

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Haha, I'd be down for some thee ways. I'd prolly off myself and watch you two go at it, FFA's are only fun when you put items in there :p

Although I am looking forward to playing other fox's. I need movement tips and tricks, And different playstyles to learn from

GeneralWoodman

Smash Lord
Haha, I'd be down for some thee ways. I'd prolly off myself and watch you two go at it, FFA's are only fun when you put items in there :p

Although I am looking forward to playing other fox's. I need movement tips and tricks, And different playstyles to learn from
you cud learn a lot from me cuz im da bestest. Ask me 4 tipz any time and i will help, make sure you praise me and i suggest u dn't watch dat tkd guy cuz he is bad k thnx bye

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
He's right :p some things you can't be ignorant to, such as the things that will screw you hard if you do not take care of them, bills and rent yo :p

Ahaha, new title is <3. KJ Da Bess?
Or was it Xiivi?

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Lol, can't believe I left that part out, I work at a video rental store, so I rented myself super street fighter 4 for a bit.

I don't think we have 3rd strike anymore :S or ever got it in the first place.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
so I've been Fox on wifi and for the most part, I refrain from suiciding!

some matchups that are otherwise easy
like MK, what a piece of cake!
becomes so much harder. avoiding
tornados
is much more annoying than it is offline.

I can still SHTL pretty well on wifi, so that makes me happy :D

DarkAura

Smash Lord
nintendo hasn't allowed MLG to livestream events, to my knowledge this hasn't changed since the last MLG event... so there won't be a livestream unless somebody sets one up with a camera or something.

JNB328522

Smash Apprentice
Ok thanks for the info I guess Im going have to wait till its over to see any vids
Oh and another thing are any fox players going to the MLG tourny?

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
nintendo hasn't allowed MLG to livestream events, to my knowledge this hasn't changed since the last MLG event... so there won't be a livestream unless somebody sets one up with a camera or something.
wow what a d*** company

and guys, since I'm playing wifi again and using mostly Fox, I'm going to change one of my taunts to "GOOAALL!!" since his upsmash is obviously a soccer football kick

right?

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Make it his "Come On!" one.
his super saiyan power up one doesn't really suit the situation as well.

it could be the side one too.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
it's going to be the side taunt because I leave my downtaunt blank.

current taunts:
uptaunt: "O_o" variant.
right: "wifi is terrible."

left is currently blank, and down is blank because the Dtaunts of most characters I use are self-explanatory.

"Hiii!"
"Showmeyamoves!"
"Come on" <-- kiiiinda lame
and also "hands off my bread" assuming I use my terrible Falco

DarkAura

Smash Lord
ahhh Wifi, i don't think my taunts have changed since i got the game.

it's been so long i forgot them, only one i remember is my signature "points for style" one

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
freaking balls, I just CLEARLY outplayed this wifi G&W but I lost both games anyway because wifi is terrible. I can't space for ****, and it makes me use the wrong moves and run into his obvious attacks. It's horrible.

*remembering why I don't play wifi*

Sonic-Rave

Smash Journeyman
Play people closer to you. I only wifi with EC peeps.

And if you still experience lag, just drop mid game and find someone else to play. Seriously, nothing can be gained from unplayable wifi matches.

I only wifi in PLAYABLE connections for MU experience or just to lulz around.

EDIT: And just to clarify before people wonder why some random sonic main is posting in the Fox boards, I second/co-main Fox lol.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Apparenlty a lot of people do.
Actually, I think Xyro does, KJ I know does, And so do I. I also believe a few other Samus' have him as a back-up.

thought you guys should know that, Samus players secretly wish they mained fox.

Also Asdioh want to play wifi in the next little while?

Top Bottom