• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FGD~ Time to get SHTL done

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
A lot of people are of the opinion that Yui is better than TKD.

And Pika/Sheik/IC's can be pretty lol-worthy matchups as they have the capability of pulling off some ridiculous shenanigans.

And I wouldn't suggest going Fox against a MK on Brinstar or RC. But that pretty well goes without saying...
How could anyone ever let themselves end up on RC against Meta? Last I checked it's his best stage and he outperforms every character in the game on it. Who wouldn't ban it?

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
A lot of people are of the opinion that Yui is better than TKD.

And Pika/Sheik/IC's can be pretty lol-worthy matchups as they have the capability of pulling off some ridiculous shenanigans.

And I wouldn't suggest going Fox against a MK on Brinstar or RC. But that pretty well goes without saying...
I wouldn't be afraid of MK on Rainbow Cruise, even with Fox. Hell, especially with Fox. Any character with good projectiles controls that stage. It'll suck on the "going up" part, but if you can just avoid him, then camp the hell out of the top part and he can't do a whole lot. That stage is really overrated.

Brinstar... Fox can Upsmash kill really early there, so it's a pretty good stage for him, but the fact that MK can shark like hell is annoying. The only thing you can do there is try to get a lead and camp the top so he can't shark you from under the stage.

Yui? I haven't heard of him, but typing in "yui fo" had youtube suggest "yui fox" so he must be pretty well-known. I still can't get youtube to suggest "asdioh" :(
Are there any specific videos? He's Japanese apparently... oh well, I'll look at some videos, only saw some old ones listed so far though..
edit: I watched a match from 6 months ago against Rain's Falco... he's pretty good, but judging from that alone I'd say nowhere near TKD's level. \(o_o)/

Zhamy

Smash Champion
Wait, wait. Zephil from PANAMA? If so, that's going to be ridiculous.

Yui has always been good, but I think he just has a better grasp of how to play against the Japanese playstyle. On pure skill, TKD takes the cake.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Yeah if Zephil is moving near Oreo I'll probably get to play him sometime :D

Get some tips on Fox.

One of us will get tips on Fox from the other.
I will probably be on the receiving end. IF you know what I mean!

SCOTU

Smash Hero
M2K didn't plank at all that game. Also, asdioh, why didn't you take a stock at the end? a 2v1 will always be better. Just go on full support if you're worrying about throwing the stock away.

edit: Also, I'm probably the only person to ever ask a TO mid match (with it being important) "what happens if you tie in the 1 stock tie breaker?". He didn't actually have an answer.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Hahahahaha, Ya'll need to watch "Young People F***ing"
I'm not going to lie, it's hilarious, and has the HOTTEST chick in it

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
M2K didn't plank at all that game. Also, asdioh, why didn't you take a stock at the end? a 2v1 will always be better. Just go on full support if you're worrying about throwing the stock away.

edit: Also, I'm probably the only person to ever ask a TO mid match (with it being important) "what happens if you tie in the 1 stock tie breaker?". He didn't actually have an answer.
I was not playing seriously at all lol
it was entirely for the lulz.

This livestream is pretty epic, I wish I was there so I could get 3-stocked by national level players :urg: and then feel like I'll never get any better

Kanzaki

Smash Champion
Hi people, I posted this multiple times here, but another quick introduction of myself >.>

Mario main, switching it up with Fox, and I'm semi-tourney active.

Anywho, I'm having a lil trouble with Falco's. I posted a set against my friend's Falco on the video thread, if someone can give me some feedback. I can win at times, but I have to be on top of my game just to win slightly x.x

JNB328522

Smash Apprentice
Hi people, I posted this multiple times here, but another quick introduction of myself >.>

Mario main, switching it up with Fox, and I'm semi-tourney active.

Anywho, I'm having a lil trouble with Falco's. I posted a set against my friend's Falco on the video thread, if someone can give me some feedback. I can win at times, but I have to be on top of my game just to win slightly x.x
Weclome Kanzaki its nice to meet you Ill take a look at your vids and give you my critique
the fox boards are somewhat not active atm

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Hi Kanzaki.

Hey guys, who of you is going to get (or got already) Castlevania HD, the new multiplayer CV for XBLA? It seems like a ton of fun in multiplayer, so I wondered who would play it. xD

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Hi Kanzaki.

Hey guys, who of you is going to get (or got already) Castlevania HD, the new multiplayer CV for XBLA? It seems like a ton of fun in multiplayer, so I wondered who would play it. xD
I have an extra 1000 MSP's that I could use for it, assuming I could afford it. I've always wanted a castlevania game

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I have an extra 1000 MSP's that I could use for it, assuming I could afford it. I've always wanted a castlevania game
It's 1200 points though.
And it's not a real Castlevania game, it's more like a fun co-op game.

If you want a real Castlevania game, go get Symphony of the Night on XBLA.

Kanzaki

Smash Champion
Melee Apex's climax was Mew2King vs. Armada... 1507 viewers. ****.

Almost every Melee matches were hyped, except the ones that involved Hungrybox xD

PBnJ

Smash Cadet
i watched only the melee apex vids, what i miss in brawl?

also, melee apex had pretty much NO hype at the end of it : /
Brood > M2K in Losers Finals!

Anti ended up getting like 9th because he had to go against M2K and Ally.

DEHF vs. Brood in Grand Finals starting soon.

They put Brood on the livestream and he knows zero english and is awesome and looks exactly what you would think he looks like for how good he is.

Kanzaki

Smash Champion
Brood > M2K in Losers Finals!

Anti ended up getting like 9th because he had to go against M2K and Ally.

DEHF vs. Brood in Grand Finals starting soon.

They put Brood on the livestream and he knows zero english and is awesome and looks exactly what you would think he looks like for how good he is.
He looks like a Japanese Ken to me xD

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Melee Apex's climax was Mew2King vs. Armada... 1507 viewers. ****.

Almost every Melee matches were hyped, except the ones that involved Hungrybox xD
The climax of Brawl had almost 2000 :p

Seriously, I hope some of you watched this. It was THE most intense tournament I've ever seen, I'm glad I randomly decided to watch it because I hadn't seen much hype for it beforehand. When I heard there were Japanese players I was like "poor guys" because I honestly thought Americans were the best, but then Brood 2-stocked Ally and I was like O_O
Then he beat everyone but DEHF, including m2k, but had really awesome close games with DEHF. I can't believe I was enjoying watching an OLIMAR play, I hate that character.

But yeah, I know there were a few Falcos here. SK92 did alright, RAIN (from Japan) did well.. I forgot who he lost to? I think Lee Martin and I dunno who else. And of course DEHF won the whole thing, didn't lose a set, and he also beat m2k.

So like... I was always like "lol Falco's bad"
but I guess I'm wrong :/ I thought the fact that his lasers had hitstun wasn't THAT big of a deal but seeing all the KOs RAIN got from laser->upsmash and the like, hitstun on lasers helps so much x_x

Is it too much to wish for seeing more Fox players doing as well as these Falco players did?

C.R.Z

Smash Lord
so i guess this means america, japan and europe are all on an equal playing field in terms of skill. interesting

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
I watched the Brawl Livestream for 3 days straight. Lee2k vs Chunbug was pretty gnar. Chunbug vs G-Razer was actually the most interesting. Because ChuDat and Junebug are RIDICULOUS at the Snake match-up. Like Razer was off his game in Loser's Finals and Chu and June were like "It's clobberin' time!!"

Same here Excel, I too watched all of the stream days. The most impressive matches were of Dazwa and Chunbug DEFINATLY. They have such good synergy and they definatly earned their spot.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
*backhands KillerJawz*

Aren't you ashamed that a foreigner, hell, a RUSSIAN like I am has to teach you about your own language? :<
It's definitely. NOT definately or definatly.

And I don't even know how that mistake is so common, it isn't even pronounced with an A. D:

*backhands KillerJawz*

Aren't you ashamed that a foreigner, hell, a RUSSIAN like I am has to teach you about your own language? :<

And I don't even know how that mistake is so common, it isn't even pronounced with an A. D:
I'm a college drop out, anything you say has no meaning to me.

Anymore personal attacks like that and infractions will be dealt out.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
That was no personal attack, that was a correction and trying to tell you how to write it correctly. It's annoying to me because it happens with so many people. ;_;

Personal attacks look way differently.

*backhands KillerJawz*

That was no personal attack, that was a correction and trying to tell you how to write it correctly. It's annoying to me because it happens with so many people. ;_;

Personal attacks look way differently.
KJ just took it personal. Poor guy.
It was a personal attack.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

hi guys. I'm going to a tourney this weekend I hope and I intend to use Fox even more than I did last time :)
But this time I am gonna WIN
HARD
CORE

Don't take offense imo KJ, people spell definitely wrong all the time. My best buddy sasukebowser spells it "defiantly" which is a completely different word wtf

I'm a college dropout too, we should hang out :x

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Yea, I was directing the statement at you, but it was no attack. It was a correction. An attack looks different.
If I said something like "omg, are you ******** or something, you moron?", then that would be a personal attack. Or if I said "you're typing like a monkey", that would be a personal attack.

But saying "Hey, man, you typed wrong, although you should know it better cause it's your native language" is NOT an attack.
I just put it in an exaggeration (hence "aren't you ashamed a Russian has to tell you that") because that's what I do.

That being said, I am Russian, so I know my English sucks badly anyway. I don't even know how you guys understand me (and I'm serious about this :|). Not letting corrections get at me, though, I use them to become better at the language.

You said none of the statements you provided, and it was still a personal attack. Then you attempt to show me up by comparing me to yourself.

You have lost all respect points you had.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Yea, sorry I compared you to me. It was a bad idea, my English sucks anyway, and I have no right to correct anybody on a language I have no idea about. =/

Guess I'll leave, then.

(and no, not being sarcastic here)

Top Bottom