• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FGD~ Time to get SHTL done

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
uhh

well distant planet and mansion being legal is kinda dumb. I always hated green greens. PTAD I'm not sure about tbh.

Fox is good on green greens I think but not any of these other stages. Yeah he can shine stall to avoid cars but anyone can just jump away and get to safe zones. meanwhile, lol good luck recovering.

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
eh. I disagree. sure there's room to camp but the ceiling is extra high and you can't recover without taking mad percent.

I'd take Green greens/norfair over PTAD all day.

now for falco that's a different story, he goes haaaard on PTAD lol

Lightning93

Smash Champion
PTAD? Oooo Port Town Aero Drive. Wow, for never playing any of those stages I still know their names.

And I think the new stage list should make things interesting to say the least. Brawl doesn't exactly have the biggest reputation of being balanced, and although there have been some very respectable attempts at making the game as competitive as possible, that shouldn't mean excluding what makes the game fun in general. If some ridiculous gimmick is possible on a certain stage, we should ban the gimmick, not the stage itself. Sure it requires more effort in enforcement and a good referee, but putting more effort into making the game playable should only make it more fun. Sacrificing the potential for a more diverse playing environment shouldn't happen just because we're too lazy as a community to deal with the hassle of making it "fair" or "viable". I understand there's a point where the hassle may become a serious issue, but I hate wasted potential and these stages at least deserve a shot. I don't really care how well my character performs on these new stages at all...

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
@Light:
Pirate Ship is mainly because of rudder camping in the C/B-part of the list, actually.

Anyway, I love the new ruleset. ^_^

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Lol I'm still alive I'm just in Vegas. Also I love Green Greens! PTAD I think will actually be better for Fox than other characters, time to start CP'ing ZSS, Olimar, *insert tether characters*. Idk about DP....and I can already tell I'm gonna dislike Luigi's Manson it's a double edged sword, we can't Usmash kill here early but we live to ******** precents and camp like a ***** with our mobility lol.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
@Light:
Pirate Ship is mainly because of rudder camping in the C/B-part of the list, actually.

Did you vote for a lot of those joel? If so, Thanks for keeping brawl entertaining with the new maps, and Dorf got screwed in this, bowser not as much, his suicide is better, it either ends in a tie or boozer wins.

Everything seems to be the same, just more detailed I guess

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Fox is legit harder to master than samus, And we have a sweet stage now, PTAD, we can just shine stall until the cars pass by! and it's stup[idly close range, this should give fox a few places in the tier list
How is PTAD a good stage for Fox? I would much rather use Kirby on this stage. Any character with multiple jumps
MK
is going to be great on this stage.
@Light:

What IS rudder camping? Just camping in front of the ship? How is that so broken?
Lol like it isn't bad enough that you can jump into his Up B and **** him.
poor Ganondorf :urg:

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Thing is, a Ganoncide rule was never in any ruleset. :)
This was just how people interpreted the rule.

Also @ Cherry:
Yes, I voted on allowing most of them. The only ones I abstained from voting on were those I felt I didn't have enough experience on, such as Distant Planet or Luigi's Mansion, and those I was on the fence on (mainly Japes and Green Greens here).
I also was heavily in favor of Norfair coming back.

edit:
@Asdioh:
I'll grab a video, hang on a sec.
It's basically camping UNDER the ship through a glitch.

edit2:
The second part to this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTkjItgz5c0

Thread dedicated to it:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=254627

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
oh ok. .....

well I guess Pirate Ship should be banned :/

along with Green Greens, Luigi's Mansion, and Norfair! DMG made good points on why they should be.

I like how MK makes most stages broken.

C.R.Z

Smash Lord
oh ok. .....

well I guess Pirate Ship should be banned :/

along with Green Greens, Luigi's Mansion, and Norfair! DMG made good points on why they should be.

I like how MK makes most stages broken.
MK just got alot harder to beat now :(

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Green Greens is by no means specifically good for Meta Knight.

These stages you mention really are matchup-dependant.

Also, Meta Knight already had great stages with Rainbow Cruise and Brinstar, and generally performs well on almost any stage. He can only CP to you 1 stage at most. This doesn't particularly buff Meta Knight. His choice is still one stage at most. You can choose a stage-character-combination that makes MK shiver in fear. Say, Snake on Green Greens, just as an example.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Green Greens is by no means specifically good for Meta Knight.

These stages you mention really are matchup-dependant.

Also, Meta Knight already had great stages with Rainbow Cruise and Brinstar, and generally performs well on almost any stage. He can only CP to you 1 stage at most. This doesn't particularly buff Meta Knight. His choice is still one stage at most. You can choose a stage-character-combination that makes MK shiver in fear. Say, Snake on Green Greens, just as an example.
replace "meta knight" with "kirby" and it's pretty much the same. Kirby's good on RC and Brinstar. To be honest I think MK on Rainbow Cruise is overrated. Characters with projectiles can sometimes have a fun time on that stage moreso than MK.

Anyway, Green Greens isn't JUST good for MK because he can kill with Shuttle Loop around 0%, it's just an all-around bad stage. Planking and scrooging become literally impossible to deal with. Being hit into a falling bomb block because of unlucky time can ruin everything. Wall infinites. I have never doubted that Green Greens shouldn't be legal, after considering all these things.

Luigi's Mansion... games there usually run to time or last a very long time. That's not reason enough to ban it, but circle camping and then running away until the stage resets, which won't take long, are obviously overpowered. I have no doubt that this stage should not be legal.

I've always thought Japes was alright, but if it indeed is OP with circle camping and the like, that sucks.

Rainbow Cruise is kind of dumb, but nothing really that wrong with it.

Norfair... Meta Knight. I don't need to say anything else. Without MK this stage could MAYBE be legal, but with him, no way.

Brinstar has always been my favorite CP with Kirby. Sharking can be annoying to deal with if it's a MK playing there, but other than that nothing is really wrong with the stage.

Pokemon Stadium 2... I guess their arguments for allowing it make sense. I wouldn't mind it so much if it weren't for that electric escalator transformation thing. It's horrible.

Distant Planet... I haven't really played here competitively. I'm sure the walkoff is going to be abused though. I have a feeling it shouldn't be legal.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895

Anyway, Green Greens isn't JUST good for MK because he can kill with Shuttle Loop around 0%, it's just an all-around bad stage. Planking and scrooging become literally impossible to deal with. Being hit into a falling bomb block because of unlucky time can ruin everything. Wall infinites. I have never doubted that Green Greens shouldn't be legal, after considering all these things.

Luigi's Mansion... games there usually run to time or last a very long time. That's not reason enough to ban it, but circle camping and then running away until the stage resets, which won't take long, are obviously overpowered. I have no doubt that this stage should not be legal.

I've always thought Japes was alright, but if it indeed is OP with circle camping and the like, that sucks.

Rainbow Cruise is kind of dumb, but nothing really that wrong with it.

Norfair... Meta Knight. I don't need to say anything else. Without MK this stage could MAYBE be legal, but with him, no way.

Brinstar has always been my favorite CP with Kirby. Sharking can be annoying to deal with if it's a MK playing there, but other than that nothing is really wrong with the stage.

Pokemon Stadium 2... I guess their arguments for allowing it make sense. I wouldn't mind it so much if it weren't for that electric escalator transformation thing. It's horrible.

Distant Planet... I haven't really played here competitively. I'm sure the walkoff is going to be abused though. I have a feeling it shouldn't be legal.
Sooo.... Just play FD all day?

PBnJ

Smash Cadet
I'm excited with the inclusion of Distant Planet. PTAD scares the bejeezus out of me though! Hoping the TO's in my area ban it as well as Luigi's Mansion.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
lol, that reminds me of some fake account called "Mew2King's dad" or something. It was hilarious to read his postings. XD

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
/Maxfire wins Alll.

"I like Ike, you like Ike..."
What I've discovered when I play as Ike in Super Smash Bros Brawl, he can do a heavy damage during smash attack and holding the B button, and I know if I play as Ike, I can be difficult in online(depends how well did I play).

Ike is a great character, but he can be useful by counterattack and quick draw.

Did somebody like Ike? Because if you play as Ike, you can be difficult in the Super Smash Bros Brawl Online.
He brings tears to my eyes

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Haha, oh wow... Maxfire was gold, yes.

Of course, M2K's dad was out of Maxfire's league. Did you know he actually went to some web security site saying that SWF should be put in their list because the staffs (!) was so mean? XD

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
LOLOLOLOLno. Hahahaha that's insane xD. even after he gets banned, the trolls live on :p

.joel, You sir, I likez you. Stay pimp I'ma go to work with a huge grin on my face

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
then camp the person till it rains bringing them off the slope.
Isn't the rain random? I've seen long draughts
trollface.jpg
of no rain, so that's not a very realistic option. Then, the rain doesn't evne last long, so they can continue afterwards.
Sooo.... Just play FD all day?
No? There are lots of, er, interesting stages to use already without bringing in some of the ones that are quite simply clearly unfair.

I should make a poll in the brawl tactical discussion about the new ruleset, to see what most people are upset about: a certain stage, no rules to limit MK, the suicide rules, or if they're fine with it all.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
Isn't the rain random? I've seen long draughts
trollface.jpg
of no rain, so that's not a very realistic option. Then, the rain doesn't evne last long, so they can continue afterwards.
if they get to a high enough percent by the time it does rain then its killing time!! :bee:

but yes it is somewhat random...... but.... meh. im not happy about this stage for Fox anyway, i don't see much reason for him to go here.

I should make a poll in the brawl tactical discussion about the new ruleset, to see what most people are upset about: a certain stage, no rules to limit MK, the suicide rules, or if they're fine with it all.
im sure most people don't approve of the entire thing and maybe only a few parts of it

lol, i've seen that before

Lightning93

Smash Champion
I had a dream within a dream last night. It lasted 2 hours long in this world but felt like I had been asleep for a whole night. I could go into detail... but essentially I lost my sense of reality. I woke up refreshed, but it was only 2 am in the morning, but it felt like I was still sleeping. I was literally scared to go back to sleep. As awesome as it may sound to have up to 4 hours of sleep in one, when you can't control anything, it's pure torture. I have my reasons to believe what exactly happened to me, but right now it seems the shock of the situation has finally worn off. Luckily, I got my girlfriend on the phone to convince me I was in real life. I joked with her that in Inception they killed themselves to wake up, and that I should probably commit suicide. This is scary now, while I was thinking it was just a joke, part of me wanted to actually test it out, see if I was still dreaming... by actually killing myself :/. I can't explain how literally mind****ed I was last night. I had to do "normal people" things such as the laundry, drink lemonade, and I think what was my saving grace was eating a banana. I worship bananas now. I figured since in my dreams I could never replicate the sensation of eating, I would know I was awake if I could eat a banana. And I did. It sounds ridiculous to even me now, but I was not of right mind last night. When I woke up into my first dream, I managed to completely convince myself I had woken up in real life. Looking back now, I was in the same room, it was still dark, but my room was not arranged correctly,and a house had appeared outside, and my self-perspective was off. But somehow I still managed to convince myself I was safe. When I actually woke up I almost cried to be honest... I was afraid to believe in reality anymore.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
I had a dream within a dream last night. It lasted 2 hours long in this world but felt like I had been asleep for a whole night. I could go into detail... but essentially I lost my sense of reality. I woke up refreshed, but it was only 2 am in the morning, but it felt like I was still sleeping. I was literally scared to go back to sleep. As awesome as it may sound to have up to 4 hours of sleep in one, when you can't control anything, it's pure torture. I have my reasons to believe what exactly happened to me, but right now it seems the shock of the situation has finally worn off. Luckily, I got my girlfriend on the phone to convince me I was in real life. I joked with her that in Inception they killed themselves to wake up, and that I should probably commit suicide. This is scary now, while I was thinking it was just a joke, part of me wanted to actually test it out, see if I was still dreaming... by actually killing myself :/. I can't explain how literally mind****ed I was last night. I had to do "normal people" things such as the laundry, drink lemonade, and I think what was my saving grace was eating a banana. I worship bananas now. I figured since in my dreams I could never replicate the sensation of eating, I would know I was awake if I could eat a banana. And I did. It sounds ridiculous to even me now, but I was not of right mind last night. When I woke up into my first dream, I managed to completely convince myself I had woken up in real life. Looking back now, I was in the same room, it was still dark, but my room was not arranged correctly,and a house had appeared outside, and my self-perspective was off. But somehow I still managed to convince myself I was safe. When I actually woke up I almost cried to be honest... I was afraid to believe in reality anymore.
strange, This sounds almost like the movie inception.Me thinks you shouldn't watch that before falling asleep next time.

Top Bottom