• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FGD~ Time to get SHTL done

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
I think all the GD threads got de-stickied because they are just a socializing place, not a thread meant to help that character out

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Just because they're for socializing doesn't mean they don't help that character out. A social thread that draws people in or keeps people in one place with players of a character will inevitably cause non-players of that character to try that character out, or keep players of that character playing that character longer than they might have otherwise. So while it doesn't directly help that character out, it can definitely have a positive effect on that characters popularity.

That doesn't mean it needs to be stickied. I said IMPORTANT threads, Cherry's explanation was false.

But I clearly provided a correct explanation, so there was no need for you to respond to him.

/kjtrufax

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Your explanation didn't address his incorrect view about GD threads, which, coincidentally, is the only thing my response addressed. Mine response didn't address anything about stickying nor importance.

I'm the person who manages the stickies. So your post was in response to Cherry, who thought he knew the answer but didn't.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
A thread as active as this one doesn't need to be stickied. Only important threads are stickied to prevent clutter.
I think all the GD threads got de-stickied because they are just a socializing place, not a thread meant to help that character out
Just because they're for socializing doesn't mean they don't help that character out. A social thread that draws people in or keeps people in one place with players of a character will inevitably cause non-players of that character to try that character out, or keep players of that character playing that character longer than they might have otherwise. So while it doesn't directly help that character out, it can definitely have a positive effect on that characters popularity.
That doesn't mean it needs to be stickied. I said IMPORTANT threads, Cherry's explanation was false.
I was only responding to cherry's comment.
But I clearly provided a correct explanation, so there was no need for you to respond to him.

/kjtrufax
Your explanation didn't address his incorrect view about GD threads, which, coincidentally, is the only thing my response addressed. Mine response didn't address anything about stickying nor importance.
I'm the person who manages the stickies. So your post was in response to Cherry, who thought he knew the answer but didn't.

my friend's supposed to come over today and play SUPER SMASH BROTHERS but he's not answering his **** phone >=(

I also got into the WoW Cataclysm Beta :D :D

SCOTU

Smash Hero
You are the person who manages the stickies.

My post was in response to Cherry.

Cherry Did think he knew the answer.

Cherry Didn't know the answer.

I still don't see what this has to do with my post, really. I wasn't trying to prove that he didn't know the answer, simply that an assumption he (or someone he claimed) made is false. That assumption is that "GDs don't help a character". I was providing reasoning that they could. You weren't involved in this point at all; you were only debating whether or not that was the reason for it being unstickied or being important/unimportant.

It's fun to get some debate practice now or then.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
What's this?! Activity?!

You are the person who manages the stickies.

My post was in response to Cherry.

Cherry Did think he knew the answer.

Cherry Didn't know the answer.

It's fun to get some debate practice now or then.
I loved how this entire thing went down, and Yeah I had it wrong, sorry guys :urg:

DarkAura

Smash Lord
the voices in my head when i was reading the "argument" between KJ and scotu were quite funny.

butreallylikebemoreactivegaizkthxbai

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
A thread as active as this one doesn't need to be stickied. Only important threads are stickied to prevent clutter.
Thought you said this thread is active? Hell if this isn't stickied we might lose it :\

..Slowly sinking into the Abyss of un-active threads....

SCOTU

Smash Hero
GUYS IT ISN"T GOING TO GET LOST.

hell, it's one of only a few threads I post in these days. I won't let it get lost.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
The one positive note I can see from our inactivity is that we are by far the coolest board? We are never here because our lives don't suck and force us into hiding at home.

Pretty brutes though because I'm always here :\

Noobicidal

Smash Master
The one positive note I can see from our inactivity is that we are by far the coolest board? We are never here because our lives don't suck and force us into hiding at home.

Pretty brutes though because I'm always here :\
By that logic, the Jigglypuff board regulars are bounty hunters in space, piloting our ships while wearing sun glasses, and seducing every alien babe we come in contact with.

We're that cool.

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
trash?

they seem really close.

One is probably just one spot above the other and I'm not sure which tbh.

All I can say to that guy is listing off good traits about your character doesn't prove their good in comparison to other characters, lol. Match-ups should honestly take a lot more weight.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Fox's grab game seems more legit than Wolfs does. I've never grabbed so much as any other character than I have as fox. We can Usmash OoS, so our OoS game isn't that Bad, shield grabbing, we can drop shield and JAB. Fox's JJC is pretty great to set up a grab which can then lead to Laser-ing to cause an upwards of 15%. We don't have good juggles, but we kill instead of juggling, we bait an air dodge and then Usmash at early 90%'s (Which btw is ****ing amazing).

Keep in mind I'm new to fox though

DarkAura

Smash Lord
despite being a fox main i would take wolf over fox any day however for no specific reason, i just like him better. I would main him but iv invested 2 years into fox and i will never throw that away

Asce

Smash Apprentice
Honestly i disagree with what Cherry said about the juggles. Fox has great juggling ability (Uair, Utilt, Up Throw, Down Throw, Fair, and USmash for liberals) Whether you can juggle or not with him depends on how good you are at Reading, Baiting, and Punishing accordingly. (And walking, not running)

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
The point is, you can't list off a character's good traits to compare them to another character and say they're "better" because that doesn't prove anything. You can't solidify what's more important, what's better, and by how much. The main thing you should go off in comparison is match-ups IMO.

Anyway, I feel like Fox does better against MK, but Wolf does better against A tier, and then they both have random bad match-ups but still do overall well against mid and low tiers.

So I dunno

JNB328522

Smash Apprentice
I think the title should be change to "Where are all the foxes who knew what they are doing at"
I feel the foxes wanting a vid critique are being ignored and some our character discussions have been out there for months and have yet to be finished (the pit discussion still has not pass page one yet)
Im afraid that when people discuss our character their might be little to no representation of our character to post counter arguments in the future

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
I'm sure they're still around. I don't know where I stand based on my contributions to this thread, but anyways I'm still around. Just lurking a lot.
Yeah I have been lurking a lot lately too. LOL!

I have just been really lazy to write anything. Ever since I got our of summer classes, I have been watching a lot of anime, and slacking in the smash department. I still play smash every weekend though, but I haven't been to a tourney since like 2 weeks ago. I went to Otakon last weekend =3 It was cool. I spent like 200+.

Anime > Smash atm.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
How does everyone like the new ruleset?

And I welcome all your opinions on my thoughts on fox, it's interesting to see how others feel/play

JNB328522

Smash Apprentice
well if this is true then the title should be "Fox players perfer to lurk than to post" than
I would give advice and help in the critique vid thread and character discussions myself if I didnt considered myself a lil fox cub >.<
or cadet

edit: the new ruleset doesnt bother me much because I dont go to tournies that often
how bad does fox have on luigi's mansion

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I never imagined Luigi's Mansion would be brought back. Out of all the potential stages, that has always been the most clearly unviable to me. It promotes camping to an extreme. Haven't you noticed that most matches there go to time, or at least take a LONG time?

DP could stand for Delfino Plaza or Distant Planet, by the way. If Distant Planet is allowed, I don't see why Mario Circuit isn't.

Iota

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2852-7054-7732
i think that statement is not true becuase your more likely to throw people in the blast zone on mario circuit then you would on DP

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Fox is legit harder to master than samus, And we have a sweet stage now, PTAD, we can just shine stall until the cars pass by! and it's stup[idly close range, this should give fox a few places in the tier list

Top Bottom