• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FGD~ Time to get SHTL done

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Ga-Rei Zero is actually one of my 2 favorite Anime (one of the 2 I can give perfect ratings on), and thus probably one of the better anime out there at least for specific genres.
Since I know SCOTU very well, I can say with certainty that the other is Higurashi no naku koro ni.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Since I know SCOTU very well, I can say with certainty that the other is Higurashi no naku koro ni.
Right.

Mai-HiME, Code Geass (R1), Kanon (2006), Death Note, Clannad, Bokurano, Darker Than Black, Canaan, and True Tears make up the rest of my top 10. Which for some reason is 11. Also, not in the order I listed.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
I group the two seasons together in my assessment.

@Cherry: A BD DL costs $12 in America if you only buy 1. If you buy 10 they're < $9. If you buy them in bulk (like any publishing company), they're priced so that the price of a blank blu ray isn't all that much more than a DVD (and that any markup of blu ray is just because they want to).

Just to try to find some comparison, I looked up the price of the Ga-Rei Zero DVDs. I couldn't find a box set, but to make up for that, these DVDs are 2 years old, so bear with me here. On DVD the 12 episodes are sold on a total of 6 volumes (cause Anime is dumb like that) for a total of 25,313 yen when I checked (on Amazon.co.jp), meaning that to buy the DVDs from 2 years ago, it's actually more expensive.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
I group the two seasons together in my assessment.

@Cherry: A BD DL costs $12 in America if you only buy 1. If you buy 10 they're < $9. If you buy them in bulk (like any publishing company), they're priced so that the price of a blank blu ray isn't all that much more than a DVD (and that any markup of blu ray is just because they want to).

Just to try to find some comparison, I looked up the price of the Ga-Rei Zero DVDs. I couldn't find a box set, but to make up for that, these DVDs are 2 years old, so bear with me here. On DVD the 12 episodes are sold on a total of 6 volumes (cause Anime is dumb like that) for a total of 25,313 yen when I checked (on Amazon.co.jp), meaning that to buy the DVDs from 2 years ago, it's actually more expensive.
...****'s Pricey

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
Ga-Rei Zero is actually one of my 2 favorite Anime (one of the 2 I can give perfect ratings on), and thus probably one of the better anime out there at least for specific genres.

tl;dr: yes, finish watching it because it actually is amazing.
don't worry i will finish lol
Right.

Mai-HiME, Code Geass (R1), Kanon (2006), Death Note, Clannad, Bokurano, Darker Than Black, Canaan, and True Tears make up the rest of my top 10. Which for some reason is 11. Also, not in the order I listed.
i like SCOTU's taste as well.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
My most favorite anime are Death Note (the first half of it at least), Paranoia Agent, Cromartie High, Serial Experiments Lain, .hack//-series with the real world (Sign, Liminality, etc), Escaflowne and Cowboy Bebop. Black Cat and GetBackers was enjoyable at times, as well. Also Sailor Moon for pure nostalgia. :3

Ah okay, well are there any other anime that I could do a comparison with it?

Also, my fellow Foxes, I come bearing grave news. The Jigglypuffs are conjuring a plan to wipe us out, we must not allow it, TO THE JIGGLYPUFF BOARDS.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
My most favorite anime are Death Note (the first half of it at least), Paranoia Agent, Cromartie High, Serial Experiments Lain, .hack//-series with the real world (Sign, Liminality, etc), Escaflowne and Cowboy Bebop. Black Cat and GetBackers was enjoyable at times, as well. Also Sailor Moon for pure nostalgia. :3
You Sir are +5 points in my book.

I would say Escaflowne is great, and he .Hack series is one of my favs, normally I prefer reading manga though, soo much faster and there are no fillers *yay*

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Ah okay, well are there any other anime that I could do a comparison with it?
Liminality is definitely comparable with brain**** anime like Serial Experiment Lain, and it's really exciting. I love anime in that genre. That's why I also lurvs me some Paranoia Agent, and extremely enjoyed Death Note's first half.

I forgot about most details about Sign, it's been a while, I just remember I liked it a lot.

You Sir are +5 points in my book.

I would say Escaflowne is great, and he .Hack series is one of my favs, normally I prefer reading manga though, soo much faster and there are no fillers *yay*
.hack's "Real Life" series don't have fillers as far as I remember. At least Liminality didn't, it had only like a handful of episodes to start with.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Someone who's good at recommending anime, throw me a few Ideas. I last saw Ghost in the Shell SAC/2nd Gig, True Tears, and School Days. I was waiting on Bakemonogatari / Angel Beats to be released in blu ray (from either Coalgirls or Thora--probably coalgirls at this point). Here's what I've seen and how I liked it: http://myanimelist.net/animelist/scotu

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
@SCOTU:
Cromartie High or Excel Saga if you want random lulz like in Azumanga Daioh or Lucky Star.
Paranoia Agent is worth watching in any case. :3

SCOTU

Smash Hero
@SCOTU:
Cromartie High or Excel Saga if you want random lulz like in Azumanga Daioh or Lucky Star.
Paranoia Agent is worth watching in any case. :3
Ok, I have Cromartie High already on my computer, so I might go with that, I think i've also heard that Paranoia Agent was good from someone else too

There are still the 3 others that I listed...Try watching those. I promise you that theyre good.
I've seen Higurashi lol, Mononoke didn't sound like the kinda anime i'm in the mood for (not that it sounds like I'd dislike it, just maybe for a different season). Didn't look up the other one yet.

SCOTU I highly recommend Shakugan no Shana or Rozen Maiden.
Seen Rozen Maiden already. My roomate stopped watching Shakugan no Shana pretty early on cause he didn't like it so I'm probably biased. Is it known to get a lot better after the first 3 episodes? Maybe that'd prove him wrong.

edit: I'm going with Paranoia Agent.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924

tl;dr: yes, finish watching it because it actually is amazing.
I read the manga and it was a little confusing with the plot. Ga-Rei really that legit in anime form?

SCOTU

Smash Hero
The Anime is a prequel to the manga, so it's not an adaptation. It's also one of the very best anime that exist in my opinion. Being only 12 episodes, it's not much of a time investment either. It doesn't really need more than 12 episodes, btw.

Seen Rozen Maiden already. My roomate stopped watching Shakugan no Shana pretty early on cause he didn't like it so I'm probably biased. Is it known to get a lot better after the first 3 episodes? Maybe that'd prove him wrong.
It gets far far better after the first 3. Around episode 5/6 is when the story gets really intense.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Fox mains.

Cold silence has,
a tendency to,
atrophy any,
sense of compassion.

beeeetweeeen suppooooseeeed brotheeeerrrrsssss

beeeetweeeen suppooooseeeed looooveeeerrrssss!!!!

i.e. post more

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Fox mains.

Cold silence has,
a tendency to,
atrophy any,
sense of compassion.

beeeetweeeen suppooooseeeed brotheeeerrrrsssss

beeeetweeeen suppooooseeeed looooveeeerrrssss!!!!

i.e. post more
That could have been en epic Hai-ku, Unless it was, which would explain why English was not my strong subject :urg:

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
What is the short poem that's like 7 lines long, and the first couple are 3 words, then the next is like 4 and then 5 and then 3??

I'm just happy I passed.

A thread as active as this one doesn't need to be stickied. Only important threads are stickied to prevent clutter.

Top Bottom