• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FGD~ Time to get SHTL done

Lightning93

Smash Champion
SCOTU was 100% right. Inception was amazing. But I can't talk about it without spoiling it. Beautiful, but very depressing depending on how you look at it. Uzi taught me once about how to control my dreams, but I have to learn and accept this is the life I live. (More-so than I do now.)

However, having parents, especially a father who has to deal with his students being victims of gun-shots who loses and has people he knows personally die occasionally (in the shortest meaning of the term), means that all the violence in the movie was sort of unnecessarily stressful and depressing to them, making it hard to appreciate the experience with anyone. They're not stupid people, they know they were just killing projections, but even then they don't take enjoyment in watching people get shot. Neither do I, but I thought it was very important to the suspense factor of the movie...

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Got back from a tournament a bit ago. Turns out I didn't suck nearly as much as I thought I would after my inactivity.

Asce

Smash Apprentice
SCOTU was 100% right. Inception was amazing. But I can't talk about it without spoiling it. Beautiful, but very depressing depending on how you look at it. Uzi taught me once about how to control my dreams, but I have to learn and accept this is the life I live. (More-so than I do now.)

However, having parents, especially a father who has to deal with his students being victims of gun-shots who loses and has people he knows personally die occasionally (in the shortest meaning of the term), means that all the violence in the movie was sort of unnecessarily stressful and depressing to them, making it hard to appreciate the experience with anyone. They're not stupid people, they know they were just killing projections, but even then they don't take enjoyment in watching people get shot. Neither do I, but I thought it was very important to the suspense factor of the movie...
huh...no credit. But yes every time they killed a projection youre right it was like killing a part of the person themself. I thought it was especially significant because symbollically it was as if they were destroying small parts of the person being represented every time they shot one, as shown when it was so hard for DiCaprio to snipe Mal even at a crucial point. Its like facing and destroying parts of the self which I found to be very good food for thought. Psycho Thrillers ftw.

Lightning93

Smash Champion
Well, you kind of spoiled it, and I'm sorry for not crediting you XD. I skim parts of the thread...

And well, some projections I thought weren't killing part of the people. I always thought Mal was an active part of his subconscious, almost like it was a conscious thought. I mean he was always thinking of her.

Asce

Smash Apprentice
Oh don't mind me it was early in the morning.

*minor spoiler alert*

Sorry if I spoiled it I tried not to but too much hype to handle :)

And no killing projections isn't killing parts of people but I found it to be very symbolic from my point of view and background as a Psych major. Mal was a "physical" representation of his guilt, which is why she was constantly appearing as an obstacle in his endeavors.

Player-3

Smash Hero
marth/fox is an interesting team

marth hits people alot and fox lazers them alot and then usmashes and they die at like 90

iblis upload the matches vs rayku/dyno so i can see my controller fail over and over again

:(

C.R.Z

Smash Lord
ok guys i have 2 days untill bushido impact (big european tourney + Ally attending) so wish me luck, any advice will be appreciated, obv i will be going fox for the majority (dont fight sheik for the love of god)

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
ok guys i have 2 days untill bushido impact (big european tourney + Ally attending) so wish me luck, any advice will be appreciated, obv i will be going fox for the majority (dont fight sheik for the love of god)
Why is Ally going? Is it that big?

Don't fight Sheik... I've never actually had to do this, but yeah don't. Go Kirby against Sheik :p
What about Pikachu?

Best advice I can give is don't let nerves get to you. It's hard to do stuff like short hop single laser for me if I'm nervous, and I'll end up lasering on the ground where it's laggy. Don't accidentally Side B when you're trying to shoot lasers either >_>

SCOTU

Smash Hero
I just saw Inception again. It was that good. Getting me to go see a movie in theaters takes promise of it being pretty good to start with. To get me to see it again... I haven't done that since I had a huge star wars fetish back in high school when the new ones came out, and rarely other than one of those.

Zhamy

Smash Champion
I haven't done that since I had a huge star wars fetish back in high school when the new ones came out, and rarely other than one of those.
Oh dear. I don't know how to respond to that.

crifer

Smash Lord
good luck man, I wish I could go, but I failed an examination and have to rewrite it.
Represent Fox, but watch out for the germans :p

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
posted almost the same thing in the kirby thread but dead fox thread is dead.

here's my set against my friend's Sonic. Matches 1 and 5 are using Fox. The amazing thing about this set is that he played amazingly well and it was shocking me. I mean, the whole day before that he was getting upset because he wasn't playing well and I kept owning him, then before I left we played this "serious set" and he suddenly became Super Sonic and I was like o_O what the hell

also he didn't tell me it was a "serious set" until after game 1 was over lol

1 2 3 4 5

tell me if anyone actually watches them. the matches are kind of long.
I don't know why I was nervous just playing friendlies but I was mostly just freaking out because I hadn't had any trouble with him for the most part all day, then suddenly he started doing waaaay better.

Top Bottom