• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FGD~ Time to get SHTL done

Zephil

Smash Ace
no, sometimes I get thirsty after playing so much so I would probably prefer to look for a drink...

and then tie my shoes

Lightning93

Smash Champion
Lol that's some crazy stuff Skye.

Also, when an MK planks, I prefer to call em' "Honky," then ask them the same question over and over again. Trust me, they'll get sick of the repetition and avoid doing the same thing over and over again.

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
velcro is much more suitable for the situation i would think, the shoes that light up when they touch the ground wouldnt hurt either

Sukai

Smash Champion
I discovered that Marths **** me as Fox.
Ankoku two stocked me, and Dogma destroyed me increasingly as we kept going, but it was like past midnight by then.
Sleepy Johns. Never be on the edge of a stage at 0-24% when fighting Marth. Forward Throw chaingrab to spike = I'd rather fight Sheik.
But my Zelda does surprisingly well.

Jenkins

Smash Lord
Lol that's some crazy stuff Skye.

Also, when an MK planks, I prefer to call em' "Honky," then ask them the same question over and over again. Trust me, they'll get sick of the repetition and avoid doing the same thing over and over again.
what question do you ask.

I discovered that Marths **** me as Fox.
Ankoku two stocked me, and Dogma destroyed me increasingly as we kept going, but it was like past midnight by then.
Sleepy Johns. Never be on the edge of a stage at 0-24% when fighting Marth. Forward Throw chaingrab to spike = I'd rather fight Sheik.
But my Zelda does surprisingly well.
doesn't ankoku, like, ****?

Sukai

Smash Champion
Not all the time, he's good, but not "omg dont fuq wit him" good. He ***** me twice, with Sheik and Marth, we did at least 8 matches and aside from those embarrassments, we were same level and won an equal amount of matches, **** matches included.

Jenkins

Smash Lord
Not all the time, he's good, but not "omg dont fuq wit him" good. He ***** me twice, with Sheik and Marth, we did at least 8 matches and aside from those embarrassments, we were same level and won an equal amount of matches, **** matches included.
O rly?

good ****!

Zephil

Smash Ace
I don´t have much problems against Marth. I know about his cg to spacies bus just dont be too close to the edge when you are at low %s and even if he spike you, is not 0%, you can go back to the stage. My partner in doubles is the best Marth in Panama called Ayen, is really good (you can see some of his matches in the Marth Boards I think) and most of our matches are really close but I win like 60% of the time.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I really prefer playing against Marth with Sheik/Zelda.

I hate playing Marths, tho. >.<
I hate playing Marth, I used to not have a good character to use against Marth, but now I've got a reasonable MK.

The thing is, Marth dittos are the most annoying dittos in the world, they're not epic like Ganondorf, and they're not sudden deaths like DDD. They're just boring and annoying and I suck at them.

I used to play Zelda-Shiek against Marths... then I found out I could up-b out of the tilts, good for playing Shiek, bad for playing Marth.

Zhamy

Smash Champion
the Thing Is, Marth Dittos Are The Most Annoying Dittos In The World, They're Not Epic Like Ganondorf, And They're Not Sudden Deaths Like Ddd. They're Just Boring And Annoying And I Suck At Them.
Yeah Camp/space Aerials Alllllllllll Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay.

Sukai

Smash Champion
I did horrible at the tourney made 2nd to last.... got gayed in loser's brackets by MK at Rainbow Cruise.
No Johns, above and beyond.
MK is all hype I swear. I two stocked Ankoku's MK, because he refused to fight my Fox with Sheik.

It's seriously not that hard of a match up, totally doable for Fox. I'm changing my ratio to 65:35, if Marth is 70:30--he's way harder than MK.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
What Zhamy is saying basically is usually a MK main/secondary should be better than some person trying to play MK.

EDIT: I'm guessing that's one of his friends saying his MK is not well so......

Levitas

the moon
No Johns, above and beyond.
MK is all hype I swear. I two stocked Ankoku's MK, because he refused to fight my Fox with Sheik.

It's seriously not that hard of a match up, totally doable for Fox. I'm changing my ratio to 65:35, if Marth is 70:30--he's way harder than MK.
This is called basing an argument on credibility. It's fairly common, and relies on certain things to be legit.

For example, it relies on your experience being relevant. This means that you and ankoku must both be playing at a sufficiently high level in all cases mentioned. Without this being a true case, your entire argument about the matchups being brought up, your entire argument falls apart.

Considering I two stocked him, I could believe that. I still say he's all hype.
This was the WORST thing you could have done unless you felt like stabbing yourself in the back. Now you have no right to claim that MK is a good matchup unless you have some better, more compelling evidence that for some reason you didn't feel the need to bring up in your first post.

I have never seen anyone tear apart their OWN argument so efficiently before. You aggressively attacked the flawed premise. If your argument is so weak that you yourself are fully willing to contradict it so easily, why should I listen to any of your arguments?

And we told you, ankoku's MK sucks. You'll note that he's not known for his MK.

Levitas

the moon
Judge is not an argument.

feel free to explain yourself.

I don't really feel like hanging around here, so don't take it personally if I don't see your response.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
I think I found something big! :D I gots lots of testing to now!

EDIT: so here's the deal, most of foxes moves would combo together if they didn't have as much knockback, I think aerial shines would combo in nair and dair if there was not as much knockback.
Well, so far I see that when some one is shielding knockback of moves decrease greatly or not-existance(I think everyone else sees that too). I've testing these things first to make sure it was valid, low % Nair to Jab is a combo cause there is low knockback, and if your doing the JJC correctly you should be getting a true combo with 2 hits, but thought that too obvious an smart opponet would never let you SH that whole lenght so you can use the Nair correctly for it combo in jab while they are shielding. So I needed something that would cancel my aerial momentum, AND shine does that and is a fast move comes out on frame 4 I believe....so anyways I thought hmm jump shine cancel then Nair, good news for people not named king dedede or tether grabbers can't grab you when you shine>Nair thier shield cause it pushes them too far back. Strange as this seems fox's jab has more range than his Nair (here comes the good stuff) you can jab there shield when you land as that would have been a true combo at percents ranging from 0-50%(not sure it's to 50 but sure it's to 30%) so they can't grab between the Nair and Jab either, and JJC is a two hit combo as I metioned before so that would mean another free hit on thier shield, but you would think that you got back into grabbing range, well during all of this they're sliding back slowing in thier shield! Gonna make a thread with more info on this though so... that's it for now. Fox shield pressure game I think I should call it?

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
@knuxrouge
A long time ago Bowyer beat my Meta Knight with Captain Falcon. I've long since made sure to keep my Meta Knight around in case I wanted to drop out of rotation or something without having to pick some horrible low tier and be obvious that I'm trying to lose.

By the way, I refused to play your Fox with Sheik because it's not a matchup that should even exist. Considering I 2-stocked your Fox with Marth, I'd say you're not quite ready.

Sukai

Smash Champion
@knuxrouge
A long time ago Bowyer beat my Meta Knight with Captain Falcon. I've long since made sure to keep my Meta Knight around in case I wanted to drop out of rotation or something without having to pick some horrible low tier and be obvious that I'm trying to lose.

By the way, I refused to play your Fox with Sheik because it's not a matchup that should even exist. Considering I 2-stocked your Fox with Marth, I'd say you're not quite ready.
I shall provoke you! Until I fight your Sheik with Fox!!!! If you were Anther and picked Pikachu, I would have still picked Fox. They were friendlies for one, two, play to learn, right? I've never fought a Sheik with Fox, so I'd like to establish a true opinion of my own on the match up, instead of bandwagoning on others.
Please?

@Iblis: JUMP-MOTHER****ING-CANCELLED SHINE!? I mentioned that months ago, and everyone ragged on it. That's it, fuq dees fox boreds.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Beat my Marth in two games and I'll consider it. I usually play friendlies for whatever and fun, though. Which is why I avoid dumb matchups unless I don't know how to abuse them (lol how does Falco work).

Keep in mind, all I did with Marth was read you 40 times until you lost your stock. With Sheik I only have to get 4 reads (3 for getting you to 30%, 1 for starting a tilt lock).

Zhamy

Smash Champion
@Iblis: JUMP-MOTHER****ING-CANCELLED SHINE!? I mentioned that months ago, and everyone ragged on it. That's it, fuq dees fox boreds.
Did you not read what he wrote?

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
I shall provoke you! Until I fight your Sheik with Fox!!!! If you were Anther and picked Pikachu, I would have still picked Fox. They were friendlies for one, two, play to learn, right? I've never fought a Sheik with Fox, so I'd like to establish a true opinion of my own on the match up, instead of bandwagoning on others.
Please?

Really I must of missed that one.... well maybe you can help me with this then Knux :)

Sukai

Smash Champion
I read it, that's how I know it involves a move I talked about and it was shunned in classic Fox boards fashion.

Top Bottom