• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FGD~ Time to get SHTL done

Zhamy

Smash Champion
[10.05] Jump Canceled Shine
This is not a true Jump Cancel (JC) like the JC usmash/ Up-B, but has a similar effect. Since the shine stops vertical movement, if you shine the frame you leave the ground, you'll cancel all the movement of your jump and shine in a way that when by the time it's over, you're back on the ground. The best method for doing this is to slide your thumb from y to b while holding down. You MUST shine exactly 5 frames after you jump for this to work properly. What does this do for you? It allows you to do a shine when you could jump, but otherwise not shine (i.e. out of shield or the startup of a dash). Frankly, this sucks out of shield because it takes 8 frames to hit (whereas a shieldgrab is only 6); leaving one option for it: out of the initial part of a dash. That being said, it's not that usefull, since it's only good for shining out of the startup frames of a dash. THIS IS NOT IN ANY WAY FASTER THAN A NORMAL GROUND SHINE. The normal ground shine hits on frame 3 with 17 frames of lag; the JC shine hits on frame 8 with 17 frames of lag.
Yadda yadda, I also posted this in the other thread. But you still missed the point.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Zhamy you need to be in the air to cancel the momentum for two reasons.
1) so you wont be taking as long in the air.
2) so you can Nair after the Shine.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
lol, knuxrouge has his own set of definitions for accepted Smash terminology, clearly.

Sukai

Smash Champion
lol, knuxrouge has his own set of definitions for accepted Smash terminology, clearly.
Better to chop-shop the definition of a pre-existing term then unnecessarily make up a new one.
So would "Short Hopped, Shine stall to Nair" (SHSSN) be more plausible?

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Better to chop-shop the definition of a pre-existing term then unnecessarily make up a new one.
Fox is red. He's not the COMMON definition of red, but he's red by my definition of "red," so I'm not wrong here.

So would "Short Hopped, Shine stall to Nair" (SHSSN) be more plausible?
Is it a common habit of you silly kids to want a term for every single action?

I Wave-Bounced a Reverse Short Hop Double Laser and then Shine Stalled a Jumped Nair into Dash Attack Canceled Boost Pivot Grab for awesome Mindgames!

Buzzword Bingo.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
no guys, it's the Sunshine Combo

or alternatively,

Delux Sunshine Combo Ultra - Number 11 Large w/ Fries and a Frozen Coke.

Zephil

Smash Ace
lol SCOTU appeared out of nowhere just to name the combo.

BTW sexy name... but is not something you would hear me scream in the middle of a match like "YES!! Sunshine Combo!!"

Lightning93

Smash Champion
LMAO SunShine Combo>FLAMEDASH would break reality as we know it.

What Iblis was talking about though, and some people were saying they already knew about, could really help in certain matchups. TJoe already mention DDD and his grab range, I think it might grant a similar advantage vs. Kirby and Olimar. Heck, even Pikachu if what Iblis claims is true. Fox needs to have more moves that apply non-punishable pressure. Albeit his lasers are still a great option.

Zephil

Smash Ace
Sorry Jenks... Like I never has really see you i still wanted to imagine how is your sister but this is the only thing that passed through my mind...

I <3 U in the most no homo way possible Jenks :p

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
lol SCOTU appeared out of nowhere just to name the combo.

BTW sexy name... but is not something you would hear me scream in the middle of a match like "YES!! Sunshine Combo!!"
You're just not cool enough to scream it out. :<

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Lol my absence on the boards have left me confused as hell.

What is this sunshine combo?
the simultaneous release of pictures of jenkins and his sister to the public
I thought it was the shield pressure thing I metioned in my thread and was named by both Ankoku and Scotu. READ **** IT TO JOE. lol

EDIT: Is the sunshine combo the shine to Nair? or the one of the run-offs? Aerial shine> nair>JJC>Dtilt? or my fav. Aerial Shine>Nair>JJC>Ftilt (BROKEN SHIELD!)

Top Bottom