• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FGD~ Time to get SHTL done

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
ROFLMFAO!!! I seriously am!!!

CAN YOU SEE MY LITTLE MAROMI PLUSH ON TOP OF THE PARANOIA AGENT BOX SET?!?!?!?!?

But in all seriousness, I am waiting on my final 3 piece of my anime collection to arrive off of ebay, limited edition Ghost in the Shell 2nd gig, RahXephon, and Card Captor Sakura.

After that I will stop collecting anime for a while, I might buy a random box set every now and then, but I will no longer be upset.

However once the Lucky Star Box set comes out....ALL HELL WILL BREAK LOOSE!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTyYHdhrmxc

Watch my friend fail at 3:29 to the end.

718_ROOKI3

Smash Lord
Nana locking Snake's all over New York City
Fox shine does has invinc-frames. My team partner Umbra(PIT main) shoots arrows at me ALOT and sometimes i would shine the arrow BUT it wouldnt get reflected, instead it just goes right thru me. Also the game has been out for 1 and 1/2 years. The game is not even close to being 100% explored. Mario low tier? Sonic that high on mid? Fox that low on mid? I bet a sh*t load of people didnt know Ness's best match up is against MK & that the Ness boards consider themselves a Counter against MK. (EX: FOW taking 1 game off M2K & also beating Tyrant) This game has WAYYYYY more shiz to explore, SO discussing MU's is crucial and should always be takin' serious with smart players whom had exp in the MU

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I bet a sh*t load of people didnt know Ness's best match up is against MK & that the Ness boards consider themselves a Counter against MK. (EX: FOW taking 1 game off M2K & also beating Tyrant) This game has WAYYYYY more shiz to explore, SO discussing MU's is crucial and should always be takin' serious with smart players whom had exp in the MU
ummmmmmmm

what? That has to be a joke :[

Alot of ppl say what? No exp in MU's so that's why the game isn't developed enough?

Of course. But there is other things too like stage CPs, correct teams characters, lil' glitches, etc.
No I think he means Tyrant and M2k didn't have Ness experience.

I don't really see how Ness could possibly be a MK counter...do you know why they say that?

718_ROOKI3

Smash Lord
Nana locking Snake's all over New York City
ummmmmmmm

what? That has to be a joke :[

No I think he means Tyrant and M2k didn't have Ness experience.

I don't really see how Ness could possibly be a MK counter...do you know why they say that?
Na dude im not joking, even FOW said it himself on livestream "i dont think ppl realize Ness's best MU is against MK" - FOW

And he really did take a game off M2K and beat Tyrant in loser's quarter finals the same day.

SnowballBob33

Smash Ace
2 things
1. shine does have the first 3 frames as invincibility frames. thats why you can shine snake's grenade and take no damage. if you know anything about PSA, then you can check shine in there, and it has invicibility frames.

2. you need a secondary for peach and sonic?

Keroku

Smash Apprentice
I don't think the MU means much when it comes to two players on different skill levels and experience on fighting the opposing character.

I think what the MU theory is really good for is showing you who to really focus your character against.

Moon-Doggie

Smash Ace
Na dude im not joking, even FOW said it himself on livestream "i dont think ppl realize Ness's best MU is against MK" - FOW

And he really did take a game off M2K and beat Tyrant in loser's quarter finals the same day.
You gotta consider that fact though. M2K Nor Tyrant knew how to fight Ness in the
first place. Its only a matter of time until they figure out the strategy behind Ness
and find the awnsers.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Naw, they should secondary Kirby.

What are some of Fox's worst matchups, again? Besides Jigglypuff and Yoshi?

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
no. lets see you beat a diddy kong on your level.

how about an IC's main.

How about a Pikachu main.

Sheik main.

Zelda main

Sonic main
Sheik main.
Peach main.
Luigi main.

the list goes on.

you. need. a. legit. secondary. to get by with fox.

MD went up against the same IC's main i went up against, but he was in friendlies.

Guess what, the IC won, if so barely.

and guess what, i went up against him in tourney, i went dk

AND I ****ING DESTROYED HIM.

it was 2-0. people who witnessed it said it was the biggest ***- whupping they've seen ALL DAY.

NOJOHNS. you need a good secondary if you wanna rep fox correctly
Jenkins you just fail against Sonic. Especially one that used to main Fox.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Last night I used MK to beat 3 Lvl. 9 Ganons teamed against me with team attack off.

Jenkins

Smash Lord
Jenkins you just fail against Sonic. Especially one that used to main Fox.
um no lol its a general opinion among sonic mains that sonic beats fox.

and for the gazillionth time, i beat samboner's fox with sonic, lightning93 fox with sonic, and a few others.

oh yeah and did i mention my sonic ISNT EVEN THAT GOOD?

Jenkins Utilt>Sonic please find somewhere earlier in this thread where I said this *****.
no thanks.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
*tries to contemplate about how Sonic beats Fox*
*fails*

I know that on wifi at least, I'd rather use Fox against Sonic than Kirby, it's just easier. He's faster, and has teh lasers, and stuff.

(oh yeah, I was typing this message then I went to another tab and forgot about it)

um....yeah Jigglypuff owns Fox. So does Yoshi.
sarcasm

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
NOJOHNS. you need a good secondary if you wanna rep fox correctly
uhh, counterpicking and running away from the problem isn't repping fox correctly.
THAT's a john.
"I'm not gonna win this just because of my character and pick someone else..."

Jenkins

Smash Lord
uhh, counterpicking and running away from the problem isn't repping fox correctly.
THAT's a john.
"I'm not gonna win this just because of my character and pick someone else..."
no no no no, what im saying is, fox looks best when hes playing against a character he's GOOD against.

you make him look fun to play that way.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Secondaries are for people who need them.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
Jenkins Utilt>Sonic please find somewhere earlier in this thread where I said this *****.
Iblis, Utilt isn't the GODSEND to the Fox v Sonic MU like you make it out to be. If it weren't for the fact I abhor playing online I'd throw out a challenge.

Also, Fox definitely needs a secondary. People who can **** a tournament with just Fox come far and few inbetween. *cough*Zeton*cough*

Lightning93

Smash Champion
Well yeah, Sonic does have certain points in the MU because he takes away Fox's greatest advantages... his speed and camping ability. But otherwise, it's not that hard of a matchup at all... you definitely don't need a secondary at all for him, or most of the cast... you just have to be good.

I see what Jenkins' is trying to say, but you can't really rep Fox if your biggest **** for the day was with DK... I think you just need to know the MU better.

Of course, you shouldn't be picking Fox against Pika or Shiek, unless you know every move you and your opponent are going to make.

EDIT: Of course Fox looks good against his good matchups, but repping him would be going him for the majority of the cast. But it's like saying Pika is a GOD because you use him against a Fox...

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
if someone counterpicks sheik on you just pick pikachu for lulz.

Jenkins

Smash Lord
who really wants to ****ing see a fox player run away and camp the whole match because the matchup is bad?

not me.

i use another character

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
Did that statement really warrant a title change?

Jenkins you should see me fight Sheik with Fox. I'm the campiest ***** ever. You'd think I was playing Falco, with all the lasers flying around and such.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Toon Link should be that other character imo!

Just imo.

SnowballBob33

Smash Ace
wifi sonic is a royal pain in my ***. absolutely nothing against spin > spring > dair > roll > repeat. offline is a little better.

Jenkins

Smash Lord
Did that statement really warrant a title change?

Jenkins you should see me fight Sheik with Fox. I'm the campiest ***** ever. You'd think I was playing Falco, with all the lasers flying around and such.
lol

DAYUM GUYS.

i havent played brawl since my tourney.

ive been playing BlazeBlu here and there though.

probably gonna play BB tonight

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
I wanna play BB, but I don't have an Xbox. =/

Top Bottom