• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FGD~ Time to get SHTL done

Jenkins

Smash Lord
iunno.

sometime.

ill probably be playing BB tonight though, or else i would play tonight!

but BB is so fun!

litchi/tager ftw

SnowballBob33

Smash Ace
speaking of YOUMAD combos....... when is the fox boards video ever going to get started/ finished.

wifi fox dittos are lulzy. utilt > utilt> dair> usmash/ dsmash > shine

Jenkins

Smash Lord
lol thats never gonna happen because we're all children with no incentive

SnowballBob33

Smash Ace
I'm black, so laziness is in my blood...

And wolf vs fox isn't necessarily ****. I main both so I have a good feel on each's options.
Wolf has laser on illusion > gimp, as well as spikes on most firefox opportunities. Dsmash kills mad early. Lasering across the map w/ fox isn't as succesful either due to wolf's crazy reflector. Wolf Fair + Bair > fox fair. Walk away > fsmash can punish dairs. Bair spacing is hard to punish.

Fox has occasional dair gimps. Shine = autodeath. Utilt = ****. His speed at times can overwhelm wolf w/ pressure.

I feel its easier to just sit back w/ wolf and shoot lasers until fox is forced to approach which he isn't good at and try to punish their mistakes, so slightly in wolf's favor.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Splet is here to do everything for us btw.

Just force it to do everything the Fox boards needs.
i'll make up a bunch of false mu ratios when needed. :D

Sasuke, does that mean if i call myself a cracker i can get infracted for flaming/trolling?

Jenkins

Smash Lord
yeah MU bull**** is ********.

in this late in the game, the matchup is good or it aint. nothing's gonna change lol.

fox does well against half the cast. ****ing remember that and dont get cocky and say he does better.

he.

****ing.

doesn't.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
The only thing I think is important in match up talk is describing what your character needs to do in order to win.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
match ups change on a daily basis.
not to mention matchups usually don't match between forums.
not the best data, imo

Lightning93

Smash Champion
Yeah, Jenkins, I'm sure Fox's general playstyle has gotten a lot better recently, so we're not just stumbling through MU's like we used to. I'm glad people are going in depth, but when they go so far as to lose the point... I'm just like, wtf?

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
i still don't get how fox is one of the lightest in the game yet he falls extremely fast...
does not make sense

Lightning93

Smash Champion
Fox is aerodynamically designed, and being on different planets all the times has made his body more resistant to Brawl's air. Therefore, gravity can do its work on him.

It is this same air resistance which makes him light going up. In general, Fox can move through the air very quickly up and down.

Uzima (Uzi)

Smash Lord
Fox is aerodynamically designed, and being on different planets all the times has made his body more resistant to Brawl's air. Therefore, gravity can do its work on him.

It is this same air resistance which makes him light going up. In general, Fox can move through the air very quickly up and down.

*physics orented mind cracks from the breaking of o so many laws...*

Asdioh

Not Asidoh

And it also somehow makes him suck at going left/right quickly :[

I was playing sasuke in some random dittos, and he got Wolf in one match, and aside from how stupid his Dsmash/Fsmash/Lasers are on wifi (sasuke didn't abuse them much thankfully :3) I didn't realize how good he is everywhere else, or I'd just underestimated him. I mean, his Jab is insane, his aerials are all really good, particularly the Nair was hard to avoid. His Upsmash is okay, but it had like no ending lag and he went right into a jab afterwards.

Basically, I can see what you guys are saying about the Fox:Wolf matchup being in Wolf's favor, he's...good.

And does Fox's Reflector have invincibility frames? I was never sure if it did, because it's not blatantly obvious (T_T) as Wolf's is.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
I don't think Fox's reflector has invincibility.

BUT I COULD BE WRONG!

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I've been able to not get hit by snake's grenade's blast before by bringing up the shine right when it hits me when it explodes.
but that could be because i just reflected the blast of something? idk.

Uzima (Uzi)

Smash Lord
I've been able to not get hit by snake's grenade's blast before by bringing up the shine right when it hits me when it explodes.
but that could be because i just reflected the blast of something? idk.
its fox's invincability frames on shine,

you can blow up lots of things from nades to nakita missles to blast boxes and deku nuts, with out getting harmed at all.

Jenkins

Smash Lord
Yeah, Jenkins, I'm sure Fox's general playstyle has gotten a lot better recently, so we're not just stumbling through MU's like we used to. I'm glad people are going in depth, but when they go so far as to lose the point... I'm just like, wtf?
no. lets see you beat a diddy kong on your level.

how about an IC's main.

How about a Pikachu main.

Sheik main.

Zelda main

Sonic main
Sheik main.
Peach main.
Luigi main.

the list goes on.

you. need. a. legit. secondary. to get by with fox.

MD went up against the same IC's main i went up against, but he was in friendlies.

Guess what, the IC won, if so barely.

and guess what, i went up against him in tourney, i went dk

AND I ****ING DESTROYED HIM.

it was 2-0. people who witnessed it said it was the biggest ***- whupping they've seen ALL DAY.

NOJOHNS. you need a good secondary if you wanna rep fox correctly

Top Bottom