• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Female Smashers!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vall3y

Smash Lord
^ "Men's field"? By your logic, women shouldn't be scientists, computer programmers, truck drivers, or sport anglers. Those are "men's fields" too. And your lack of an example of a "feminine" thing that guys should stay out of only weakens your argument.
no its because i dont want to start another big mess , ill let you decide on those on your own
i dont agree with your men fields. you said it, not me. i said football, want another? body building, weight lifting. thats a men field.

Samochan

Smash Master
hey whos kidding? i just know theres probably a reason 99.5% of competitive gamers are males
now see how i used the word should not and not must not. if a female wants to play videogames so be it, but thats a field that belongs to men, just like soccer or football belong to men, and just like some things are considered more feminine thus men shouldnt deal with it
and my last sentence, that was referring to the women jokes from the beginning of the thread, so i was actually talking in favor of females. i dont understand whats the big deal. see, thats one more thing i really hate about 'girls playing videogames' - it always becomes a big mess if you just say the slightest could be negative thing.
I think our society should have grown past that "field" thing, but seems like you haven't. >_> I don't spout to men that "you should not clean/cook/raise children/draw cause those are too "feminine" for males to do" and neither should you do the same for the female population. There isn't any "should not", you cannot tell anyone what they should do because of their gender, there isn't anything negative in girl playing videogames. This isn't an argument anymore, it's strictly your biased opinion about what females should and should not do. >_>

There's prolly a reason why gamers are mostly male... and that's because the game's have been targetted to male audience with fps'es and fightning games and all the things masculine, so it's no wonder girls often find themselves alienated when it comes to games. >_>

znintendotaku

Smash Journeyman
*Looks at location*

I don't think you chose to be a suicide bomber either. You have to be considering your location and my linear baseless knowledge.
sarcasm over

This is how stupid rationalizing is on the internet. What I can't get is how people try to praise women as an upper individual (Even though they really aren't doing anything wrong. Or at least they don't mean to), thinking that they need to be directed to and given more attention. I'm pretty sure that everyone should just gain the same recognition instead of pointing it out.
your an idiot...
your thinking of afganistan or iran or irak NOT isreal
isreal has the hebrews and judism (they respect women (except vall3y) unlike afgans or war-tworn middle-east)
isreal is peaceful except the random war with egypt.....

Kyoko

Smash Cadet
I ,sadly, don't know any good or decent girl smashers in my area. :( It would help against that dumb stereo type. I would love to fight a girl smasher live, not on wifi. But wifi is good too.

I feel like I'm going to be a civil rights activist when I grow up. :p
/politics
Hey, I'd be willing to play you anyday, wifi or live! I'm in NJ too, so...

Kyoko

Smash Cadet
Whats that it looks like a gamer. But wait what are those. This gamer has two massive lumps on her chest. My god its the rare female gamer. Look it appears where not alone. The males seem to be amazed that such a thing actually exist. Wait look it appears that some of the men are trying to mate with her. Their fighting to see who will get here. Look shes slowly walking away. But wait shes surrounded she most find shelter soon she runs to her safe place the female bathroom she puts on a hat and glasses. This simple disguise easily fools the men. She then continues her adventures

I know it sucks but just think of a Austrian guy saying this
XD HAHA I love it!! So true.

Kyoko

Smash Cadet
I would like any one who wishes to play me, to send me a pm and I'll add you to my friend list. I would really like to play some of you people, both those who are for female smashers and those of you who think we all suck. I'll show you.

popsofctown

Smash Champion
Girls make great smashers. There aren't many because most don't enjoy it, not because they are incapable.

~Peachy~

Creator of delicious desserts
Girls CAN make great smashers. There aren't many because most don't enjoy it, not because they are incapable.
I fixed your first sentence because it sorta contradicts your second one.;) But otherwise, kudos to you. You were able to speak the truth in two sentences. People these days don't give us female smashers enough credit. They just make those "girlZ on teh internetz?" jokes which are REALLY getting old.:evil:.

your an idiot...
your thinking of afganistan or iran or irak NOT isreal
isreal has the hebrews and judism (they respect women (except vall3y) unlike afgans or war-tworn middle-east)
isreal is peaceful except the random war with egypt.....
That was sarcasm. Many dumb people really couldn't tell iran from irak or isreal. At least in America.

I had spoiler tags for a reason. >__>

Nicole

Smash Champion
yo. I'm a girl, and I play smash competitively (i.e. I go to tournaments...lots! At least 2 a month)

I think there's a fair number of girls that actually play smash, but an extremely tiny portion of those play competitively, and even less of that portion actually place well. I'm working on changing that in the midwest, but i have a long way to go...i only got 33rd out of 64 at the Midwest Circuit. *sigh*

Anyway, all you ladies should start going to tournaments! Don't be worried that you'll be the only girl. You will be - but trust me, everyone will be really nice to you :chuckle: Seriously though, don't be intimidated. Get out there! Tournaments are fun.

Lemonwater

Smash Ace
Well, there are still girls who love bloody fighting games (or just violent games in general). It's not like they don't enjoy watching or playing violent games or doing violent things. My girlfriend used to play SS Melee, Starcraft and Diablo 2 with me, and we're now waiting anxiously for Starcraft 2 and Diablo 3 to be released XD

Sadly she doesn't play Brawl much because she doesn't have a Wii =(

PrepareYourself

Smash Ace
I've seen girls and 13 year olds play Brawl, but have you ever seen a 13 year old girl go to a competitive Smash tourney?

Tenki

Smash Hero
I was in a group of people drawing stuff once, and someone brought up Smash, and one of the girls started ranting about someone's Kirby WoP in Melee.

i lol'd on the inside.

Atria

Smash Journeyman
Female smasher +1. Competitive female smasher +1. Proud Ike main BTW. Marth, MK, Lucario, Kirby and Olimar are characters I also use too. Sometimes use Pit, P.T., ROB and G&W as well. I haven't been to any tournaments yet, but I do take my game seriously. I want to go to one though... :( Stupid random online fights having a lack of good people recently...

my sis plays brawl and she destroys
That's what BOTH of my brothers would be telling you guys!

indianunit

Smash Journeyman
why the **** does this deserve a bump....from like 5 months a go.

also:

GIRLS PLAY BRAWL!?!?!?
GIRLS PLAY VIDEO GAMES!?!?!?
GIRLS PLAY!?!?!?
GIRLS!?!?!?

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
I'M NOT ONE!!! Hey, did female smashers hate Melee because it was too competitive? I know all the girls play Wii games for the new controller and stuff, and maybe Brawl because it's fun for them to play around with items and cheap stuff like that.

Btw, girls wil HATE my fangame, Super Smash Bros Crusade because it's so competitive and there are no cheap spamming or cheap items. Just thought I'd point that out. It's not like I'm PROMOTING THE GAME or anything.

Nicole

Smash Champion
I used to play melee all the time, and I still play it sometimes (but I suck now!)

Also, doesn't everyone think playing with items is fun? I go to tournaments pretty regularly (tournaments where the items are turned off) but that doesn't mean I don't enjoy a good match on Hyrule temple with items occasionally.

kupo15

Smash Hero
I'M NOT ONE!!! Hey, did female smashers hate Melee because it was too competitive? I know all the girls play Wii games for the new controller and stuff, and maybe Brawl because it's fun for them to play around with items and cheap stuff like that.

Btw, girls wil HATE my fangame, Super Smash Bros Crusade because it's so competitive and there are no cheap spamming or cheap items. Just thought I'd point that out. It's not like I'm PROMOTING THE GAME or anything.
See: Fumi

I'm sure my sister will be happy her thread got bumped haha I'll tell her..

Lemonwater

Smash Ace
Yup, items are fun. I love playing with bombs only. Especially games with bob-ombs, gooey bombs, motion sensors, blast boxes, smart bombs, sliding containers, and regular containers only set on very high. It's awesome. I made absurd stages just for these bomb-only games. I'm not sure if deku nut is a bomb, but it blows up and kills people so I sometimes set it to appear also. Bob-omb and container only games on small stages are also lulz :laugh:

Just because it's not a competitive game doesn't mean it's not a game haha, so indeed, there are more female players than we might realize.

BTW, is it just me or does anybody realize that motion sensors seem to vanish after a period of time now? I hope it's just that my bomb games are hectic and every inch of the stage gets nuked. If not, that sucks....they should have stayed permanent like in N64. The blast radius of bob-ombs and motion sensors should've stayed the same...they nerfed it. :mad:

Xiahou Dun

Smash Ace
your an idiot...
afganistan
u
unlike afgans or war-tworn middle-east)
is peaceful except the random war with egypt.....

My god. I am literally at a loss for what to say.

Ok you're officially banned from ever calling anyone an idiot ever again, scratch that you're just not allowed to talk in general.

Oh and lol at this thread. How insecure can people get? Most Female gamers on the internet and forumers in general are massive failures.

Lulzalot

Smash Rookie
My sister is a Smasher. She's actually pretty good. She has a nice Luigi.

Ange

Smash Lord
Most Female gamers and forumers are massive failures.
no u.

Im a female competitive smasher and anyone who says females always starts with Kirby are lame.
I started with Pikachu and mained him for the rest of my Melee career. I used him ALOT, so I learned to get really good with the rat. I have Pika as a secondary in Brawl now tho.

Sadly I cant go to tournaments/cant find any/dont have any competitive smasher to play with, so its kinda hard to REALLY play competitivly where I live. :E

Samochan

Smash Master
no u.

Im a female competitive smasher and anyone who says females always starts with Kirby are lame.
I started with Pikachu and mained him for the rest of my Melee career. I used him ALOT, so I learned to get really good with the rat. I have Pika as a secondary in Brawl now tho.

Sadly I cant go to tournaments/cant find any/dont have any competitive smasher to play with, so its kinda hard to REALLY play competitivly where I live. :E
>_> You live in sweden, no johns lol.

Sweden has one of the more active scenes on europe atm. You should check the swedish boards and ask about tourneys, there's always some where one of the best players in europe attend (calle w, armada, to name a few).

Ange

Smash Lord
>_> You live in sweden, no johns lol.

Sweden has one of the more active scenes on europe atm. You should check the swedish boards and ask about tourneys, there's always some where one of the best players in europe attend (calle w, armada, to name a few).
Really? I havnt seen an active Swedish board in quite a time, but Ill go check it out more.

Nicole

Smash Champion
Oh and lol at this thread. How insecure can people get? Most Female gamers on the internet and forumers in general are massive failures.
Most gamers on here in general are "massive failures" if by massive failures you mean gamers who have never won a tournament. How many tournaments have YOU won?

Samochan

Smash Master
Most gamers on here in general are "massive failures" if by massive failures you mean gamers who have never won a tournament. How many tournaments have YOU won?
I think he meant socially failures, with that insecure comment. Like us being nerdy, ugly, fat and ungirlish and that sort, thusly playing smash cause we don't have any friends or social contacts and are too insecure to have any besides smashing with random dudes. <_< But at least us girls usually care about our looks moreso than boys do, I know for a fact that milktea for example is far from ugly and another girl smasher from Norway is an actual model (or aspiring to), so they don't really need to play smash to boost their self-confidence. So far from social failures imo. :p

Zeruda

Smash Cadet
I'm a female smasher. :) I know tons of them, really. I've been a fan of the SSB games since they day the original was released, heh heh. In high school, most of the girls played SSB... but I suppose that's because I used to bring my GCN to school and get people to play. My female coworkers are smashers, too.

I think he meant socially failures, with that insecure comment. Like us being nerdy, ugly, fat and ungirlish and that sort, thusly playing smash cause we don't have any friends or social contacts and are too insecure to have any besides smashing with random dudes. <_< But at least us girls usually care about our looks moreso than boys do, I know for a fact that milktea for example is far from ugly and another girl smasher from Norway is an actual model (or aspiring to), so they don't really need to play smash to boost their self-confidence. So far from social failures imo. :p
Agreed. Just because a girl plays SSB (or games in general), it doesn't mean she's "ugly" or not social. I'm an incredibly girly social butterfly myself. :D The stereotype that girl gamers aren't pretty or "socially acceptable" needs to go.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
Although this is a thread about the women on the boards, this has shown quite a division between guys as well. There seems to be three types of guys in this thread.

OMFG WOMEN guy-
Constantly full of praise and the like for women smashers. Perhaps a bit too into it.

Level headed guy-
Doesn't really treat the girl smashers much differently than the guy smashers.

Flamer guy-
Totally jacks on the girls, probably due to the amount of OMFG WOMEN guys out there.

Just thought this would be interesting to point out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom