• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[ FBT4 ] :: BRAWL and MELEE :: Results in the first Post!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zjiin

Smash Master
Then it's settled. Everyone who wanted to play brawl can save their money and go see Beverly Hills Chihuahua this weekend instead.

BIG C

Smash Master
heh it sure is gonna be fun trying to run a 35-40 person brawl tourny on like 6 tv's tho tell the brawl kids to man up and bring setups. THEY NEVER ****IN DO and that's why the tournaments take forever.

Tink

Smash Hero
so i was just wondering, how the pots are gonna be split? like, its 30 bux to enter both tournaments, but how do you plan to split that up o_0....just wondering.

Tink

Smash Hero
gotcha, thankies =)....also, dont know if this was brought up yet(or in the first post) <_<....but whats up with parking o_0?

BIG C

Smash Master
if you want can you enter just singles or doubles?
rofl the question of ages. I asked this and still haven't gotten an answer. but idc anymore, cuz i'm pretty sure i'm just gonna come and help run the tourny, so wafles and spikes can concentrate more on playing than running the tournament.

Wafles

Smash Lord
rofl the question of ages. I asked this and still haven't gotten an answer. but idc anymore, cuz i'm pretty sure i'm just gonna come and help run the tourny, so wafles and spikes can concentrate more on playing than running the tournament.
That seems awfully pessimistic. I don't think you're going to be doing as much helping as you think you are. Yes your help here and there will be appreciated, but I'll be taking care of as much as possible. Friday I'm not playing Melee, so I can run a lot of stuff that day, if not everything, and Saturday I will still run as much as possible, though I will want to play, of course.

As for the singles/doubles issue, I'm sure we'll be able to work something out, but I still haven't talked to spikes about this yet. I'll talk to him after the weekend. For prices refer to the post I made just a bit ago. I wouldn't worry about being forced to play singles/doubles if you dont want to.

Also, spikes: Super Sour Lemonade Snapple Match? If we can find it. That stuff is rediculous.

Wafles

Smash Lord
gotcha, thankies =)....also, dont know if this was brought up yet(or in the first post) <_<....but whats up with parking o_0?
I will provide a map with parking when I can talk to spikes about it. I will email everyone on the registration list about this ASAP. (I sent everyone an email today, too, if you didn't notice it)

We're getting pretty close, so these last few things will be ironed out as soon as we can. =)

BIG C

Smash Master
That seems awfully pessimistic. I don't think you're going to be doing as much helping as you think you are. Yes your help here and there will be appreciated, but I'll be taking care of as much as possible. Friday I'm not playing Melee, so I can run a lot of stuff that day, if not everything, and Saturday I will still run as much as possible, though I will want to play, of course.

As for the singles/doubles issue, I'm sure we'll be able to work something out, but I still haven't talked to spikes about this yet. I'll talk to him after the weekend. For prices refer to the post I made just a bit ago. I wouldn't worry about being forced to play singles/doubles if you dont want to.

Also, spikes: Super Sour Lemonade Snapple Match? If we can find it. That stuff is rediculous.
awfully pessimistic heh, it's not my fault if as of late I like running tournies more than playing in them. I just figured you would rather have someone else run the bracket the only thing I wouldn't wanna do is signups and money. and I mean if that's the case I might say **** it and not come at all(unless I'm the only one riding with tink up here) or something. or just come and sit around and play friendlies. i really would rather not waste 15 dollars because I'm still nowhere near where I wanna be with my melee game.

I mean I was just offering my help, no reason for you to be a **** but if you wanna be a **** to me, then I'll be a **** to you.

I've seriously never had this much opposition to my help being offered. I mean you wouldn't have to let me do stuff I was just offering to do as much as possible. I remember when I used to run tournaments and actually wanted to play the game how gay it was to not be able to play. I was just being a nice guy since I don't feel like wasting 15 bucks.

Wafles

Smash Lord
o_O. I didn't think I was being rude to you. By all means we still would like your help. It merely sounded like you were implying that me/spikes weren't planning on doing much. I like running tournaments too, hence why I came up with the idea to run this, but if you really want to help, we'll need help setting up pools, and organizing results and such, that was a given. I didn't mean to be a jerk. =\

BIG C

Smash Master
I mean I'll be a pool captain and I can do results that's not hard but, are you seriously going to do brackets on paper to have to have someone organize results or did u mean doing pool results? cuz i can do that as well. I mean I'll be all the pools captain if need be like to where ppl report matches to me.

and it's kinda hard to tell if you are being rude in text but it came off as such things even tink said it seemed like I made an enemy with you and that it didn't seem like you liked me from that post.

but ya if you have a laptop you should get TIO and use that or find someone that will bring a laptop like sparrow he normally does that. It makes things much easier other than like making pools because I don't know how to do that on there.

Wafles

Smash Lord
Already was planning on using my laptop with TIO, pencil and paper just doesn't cut it. =)
By organizing results, I guess I meant keeping track of matches in progress, and getting reports for results in a somewhat organized fashion.

But yeah, we'll need help organizing the pools, so you can do that if you want.

BIG C

Smash Master
it's funny i prefer using a printout of the bracket compared to the computer. and like i totally dunno how to work TIO's pools I guess I could dl and fool around with it on my comp and learn. I'm an old school before TIO existed T.O.

Zicore

Smash Champion
Wafles, I don't think you understand just how much is needed to run a tourney. I would suggest taking all the help you can get. And its Big C. The dudes been around since forever. He is very helpful and has much knowledge about running tournies. No offense or anything, but this is your first time running anything. Big C has experience. And with brawl, you want people to help out so it doesn't take 10 hours to finish.

When I hosted mine right away, I didn't have much help, but when I did, it got done faster. Singles with 40 some people lasted 9 hours with like...15 setups. You probably won't get that, let alone maybe more people?!

All I know is, CREWS BABY! CREWS!

Tink

Smash Hero
rofl.....we need to run the melee tournaments fast so we can do crews afterward....i know we can get an illiana crew =)...cant wait for this btw..... "Boom Goes The Dynamite" is gonna **** people in teams all dayyy.

Quaz

Smash Master
WI should be like...

Cosmo
Spikes
me
Ethan
Hayate (he's going right?)
munduguu
Lone Jedi
Vino
Sago
Zicore
Crashman? (I dont think he's going anymore but if he does yeah we need him)
EOF? (loooool)

Sago

Smash Lord
Cosmo says:
melees gonna be too good then crews is gonna be too good then im gonna stay up all night trying to get ppl to money match me in ocarina of time speedruns thatll be too good then im gonna ledgecamp all day on saturday
Cosmo says:
its gonna be great

Wafles

Smash Lord
Wafles, I don't think you understand just how much is needed to run a tourney. I would suggest taking all the help you can get. And its Big C. The dudes been around since forever. He is very helpful and has much knowledge about running tournies. No offense or anything, but this is your first time running anything. Big C has experience. And with brawl, you want people to help out so it doesn't take 10 hours to finish.

When I hosted mine right away, I didn't have much help, but when I did, it got done faster. Singles with 40 some people lasted 9 hours with like...15 setups. You probably won't get that, let alone maybe more people?!

All I know is, CREWS BABY! CREWS!
Thisi is not my first time running a tournament. It's my first time running one here for smash, but I've ran tournaments before. Some of which were somewhat big.

We'll see how things go. Yes I want help, and yes I will need it. Things should run smoothly. This ****'s gonna be awesome.

just melee crews right?
Yep, no brawl crews.

Zicore

Smash Champion
WI should be like...

Cosmo
Spikes
me
Ethan
Hayate (he's going right?)
munduguu
Lone Jedi
Vino
Sago
Zicore
Crashman? (I dont think he's going anymore but if he does yeah we need him)
EOF? (loooool)
Do vino and lone still play?

Zicore

Smash Champion
I can bring a cube with melee. No TV though.

Melee crews is gonna be hella tight.

Is kels and them coming to this?

Zicore

Smash Champion
Cosmo
Spikes
Sago
Me
Quaz
Mundungu
Ethan

I think those 7 are different because they have been playing the most, and have not really stopped since brawl came out, where as lone, vino, hayate, and even crashman have stopped playing and are most likely at least a little rusty, although crashman is still good. Not taking away from hayate or anything, its just people who have been consistently playing and have stayed the same and played against other people who have been playing would be best.

Just as long as we don't have Kevin...we will be fine.

I also think Bil should be on the team, considering how awesome he is, and he is the leader of sith

lonejedi

W.I.T.T.Y
BRoomer
Cosmo
Spikes
Sago
Me
Quaz
Mundungu
Ethan

I think those 7 are different because they have been playing the most, and have not really stopped since brawl came out, where as lone, vino, hayate, and even crashman have stopped playing and are most likely at least a little rusty, although crashman is still good. Not taking away from hayate or anything, its just people who have been consistently playing and have stayed the same and played against other people who have been playing would be best.

Just as long as we don't have Kevin...we will be fine.

I also think Bil should be on the team, considering how awesome he is, and he is the leader of sith
Vino and I have both been playing alot of melee, and vino should definitely be on crew no question. I have work Friday and Saturday Night, so I won't be there for Singles for both Brawl and Melee, only teams, which means I won't be able to be in the crew battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom