• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Favourite 5 players to smash with

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
Saw this thread in melee general for the americans, thought that it would be a good idea for me to alleviate boredom at work

1) Dekar
plaing against him when he tries is an amazing learning experience, if you have the smallest bad habit he will **** you because of it. but is also amazing to play against to have a good time.

2) Atticus
This guy is my kryptonite, he knows me back to front and ***** me regardless of what i try to do since he knows my own play style better than myself. forces me to learn new things every single time

3)Shaz
This guy teaches you how to beat stuff youve never seen before, whenever you play against him wether it be a friendly or a tournament, his sole goal seems to be helping you learn the game rather than helping himself learn (what a cocky bastarrdddd)

4)Jei
He makes anyone look like a walking combo movie, im sorry jei but i feel amazing after all of my games with you

5) Zxv
even though i havent played him that much, he picks up new stuff so fast that by the end of any friendly session that youre going to get ***** or change your playstyle a heaaappp

now everyone else do the same

okgo

Technodeath

Smash Champion
For WA players.

Pete - because he rages, and it's funny.

Kane - gives good constructive advice on what I'm doing and how to improve.

Andre - Read Kane's.

Ric - Tis good to play against various characters. Nice experience.

Rest of the Perth scene.. - I enjoy playing and getting experience since I get **** all up in Geraldton. And I still place decently :p

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
Sadly I've only vs'd WA players sooo

1) Quetz - I don't know why, but Marth vs Peach is good fun to me, plus they're always really close matches

2) MtGod - Ness vs Lucas, good fun =D

3) Ric - *shrugs*

4) Fuzz - I love Marth vs MK

5) Vlade - He punishes everything...:/

Nova

Banned via Warnings
1: Scabe
2: Tibs (he beats me far worse than annnnnnyone though, stupid Diddy)
3: Apollo
4: Tedeth (again I get destroyed)
5: Earl

J-Birds

Smash Lord
Brawl
Chris
Hotdog
Dorfs

Melee
People of similar skill level
People who dont sandbag against me

Karp-0S

Smash Journeyman
Moose - Purely because of the serious lols that go on. TEAM FUR*** and SHINEBLIND are prime examples of this.

Vyse - He'll tell you what your doing wrong, but in a way that makes you feel you don't suck so bad, then diddy **** you.

Sieg - Pushing the limits of sound is something that has to be witnessed to believe. :D <3

The rest of The Ward - Because they're bro's

For brawl....

I dunno, I just rage hard.

Sirias

Smash Champion
Don't like playing against me, James?
:C

I like playing against Ryaaannn, Daaavvveee, Chrrriiisss, Jaaammmeeesss aaannnddd Zeeec. <3

J-Birds

Smash Lord
I do but i havent played with you in ages and you do wackass **** like JUST GETTING UP. Faaaaaark!
But you call me James so <3

MTGod

Smash Champion
Like Toki, I will wait until after Robocop before answering this. Too many players I need to play against (top of my list: Ellipsis' Ike, Tibs' Diddy, Anyone's Zero Suit, and #1 Oats' Lucas!)

Zxv

Smash Lord
1) Tedeth - Best way to learn spacing is to verse this guy right here. Versing Ted teaches you patience, spacing and how to safely punish bad spacing. I learn so much from every match I have with him. Wouldn't be anywhere near as good as I am in Brawl if it wasn't for him.

2) S.D - Same as Ted, but for Melee. Some of the best Melee matches of my career so far with this guy. Miss him so much <3

3) Unreon - Absolutely love versing unny (don't think he likes versing me though, {lolsheik})

4) Shaya + Scoot - Marth and Falco are very funs MUs for me in Brawl.

5) Everyone in Melbourne, especially Redact, Dekar, Jei and Khoa. Love those guys.

I'm throwing in Turtle as #6 because even though I personally hate versing him, I *really* want to beat him someday...

OH AND SCABE BECAUSE HE'S THE KING AND SPAMS LIKE SUCH A PRO IT'S SO HARD TO DODGE HOW DOES HE OUTCAMP EVERY OTHER CHARACTER WITH LINK I DON'T UNDERSTAND???

Splice

Smash Hero
Brawl:

Earl - He picks up things very quickly and I get to see a lot of the flaws in my playstyle by playing him, and he helps me finetune myself. He is also an intelligent player and inspiring to watch, and I hope he feels likewise.

Tedeth - He is an amazing player and definitely the most careful person I've ever played. I'm always on my toes against him and whenever a single attack is succesful, I know why it worked, and I learn about when I have actually done something good, and he inspires me especially so. I don't get to play him often.

Meteor - I just have good memories of our previous games. It's like because of your character I can expect to win but I know you are skillful enough that if I slip-up you will do massive damage. It reminds me to keep a steady mindset regardless of winning/losing and characters.

Melee:

Emily - I like playing against Shiek. She seems pretty straightforward out of the other top tiers. Falcon is ******** and Marth is terrible for Jiggs... I hate Jiggs vs Jiggs and the Space Animals are ok I guess...

Anyone who doesn't sandbag - Thankyou I probably learnt something.

Scabe

Successful Businessman
I have a lot of people i want to meet at Robocop but i just really want to meet my doppelganger (Scabe).
Yeah man I can't wait. :cool:

1: Scabe
2: Tibs (he beats me far worse than annnnnnyone though, stupid Diddy)
3: Apollo
4: Tedeth (again I get destroyed)
5: Earl
Lies! Pretty sure every match we have has been the worst :p

1) Tedeth - Best way to learn spacing is to verse this guy right here. Versing Ted teaches you patience, spacing and how to safely punish bad spacing. I learn so much from every match I have with him. Wouldn't be anywhere near as good as I am in Brawl if it wasn't for him.

2) S.D - Same as Ted, but for Melee. Some of the best Melee matches of my career so far with this guy. Miss him so much <3

3) Unreon - Absolutely love versing unny (don't think he likes versing me though, {lolsheik})

4) Shaya + Scoot - Marth and Falco are very funs MUs for me in Brawl.

5) Everyone in Melbourne, especially Redact, Dekar, Jei and Khoa. Love those guys.

I'm throwing in Turtle as #6 because even though I personally hate versing him, I *really* want to beat him someday...

OH AND SCABE BECAUSE HE'S THE KING AND SPAMS LIKE SUCH A PRO IT'S SO HARD TO DODGE HOW DOES HE OUTCAMP EVERY OTHER CHARACTER WITH LINK I DON'T UNDERSTAND???

I like playing Jon and Luke. :)

MTGod

Smash Champion
Yeah, definitely - I've been really enjoying using ZSS lately but we have no mains over here, so I'm gonna take away what I can to try and pick her up after Robocop.

EDIT: Ninja Scabe'd me.

Hater

Smash Ace
Mine is

Proxy : cos we rage so hard predicting each others moves
Ghnaschnakoff : 7 minute matches guaranteed
Corpsecreate : When i take a stock im happy ^^
Mtgod : Cos of "you will never 3 stock me"
Mugza/Fuzz : Because it's good to be free of my hole :D

Dekar289

Smash Hero
pretty hard to make a list tbh

1) kier - exciting, he's aus ss and only new. getting tech chase ***** is fun
2) em - vsing her sheik with spacies, mainly fox, was mad fun. f characters really are the funnest (vs sheik anyway...)
3) toshi - so different to everyone else... so fast
4) cao - he's ****in good, and very patient which is rare. learning is fun
5) aggromidget - smart and unpredictable with falcon

highly susceptible to change...

brawl: ****ing nobody of course lol

tibs7

Smash Champion
I love playing against timic. Coz all he does is dsmash and then doesn't understand how he loses to bad players like myself.

Plasia

Smash Journeyman
1) Em
I think this is the person that I have played the most. She plays lots of characters against me and doesn't let me get away with any sloppy rubbish play. Great leveling.

2) Redact
I don't care if I'm losing really bad, Redact makes the game fun just by being himself. Phil's forever.

3) Dekar
This guy tells you what you're doing wrong while he ***** you, which is pretty nice. He's funny too.

4) Shaz
Shaz taught me a lot about the game and I was my best in melee after spending some time against him. I owe quite a lot to him. He's funny, helpful and talented.

5) Jon
Haven't played with him in ages, but he was just a blast to play against. Fond memories, I'll get him to come back one day.

Should be in this list:
Atticus

Cheeri-Oats

Smash Lord
1) Hall - I laugh the most when I play with or against him, and we also find ways to converse about deep thoughts during our gaming.

2) HugS for Melee, Havok for Brawl - They're tied because they serve the same purpose in both games: to punish my every mistake and to actually teach me something valuable about the game.

---

People I want to play in Australia.

1) Tedeth / Luke / Shaya / Toby - Have you all improved?

2) CAOTIC - He reminds me of Bone and it will be nice to have that familiarity in such a strange, backwards place. :)

3) Tibs - People hype you up!

4) Dekar - Are you as funny and as smart as the New Mexico Dekar?

5) S.D. - Melee Practice in Aussieland? ****!

Dekar289

Smash Hero
yes, i'm also a lot better at both games
looking forward to meeting you too

tedeth

Smash Master
When Oats meets Dekar it will be like an explosion of Awesomeness. :O

Then S.D will come in and the world will end. :O

The Luke will come in and the world will be saved due to the decrease in awesomeness.

And that's how Luke will save the world.

:)

S.D

Smash Master
I like playing..

Cao: Lots of fun to play with/against forces me to try and improve.

Kas: Doesn't take **** seriously so it's relaxed and fun playing with him.

Turtle: Just <3 this dude in general

Jaz: oh ohhhhhh ohhh ohhhhh

Dekar: Coz I like winning

Didn't really think this one out lol

Sirias

Smash Champion
I ALWAYS TAKE THIS GAME SRSLY.
HOW DARE YOU INSULT ME!
I DEMAND YOU SUCK MY DI-

But YOU take Smash seriously.
Well, winning.
Makes it scary.

People that rage intimidate me lots, too.
COUGH
ZAC
NICK
MICHAEL
SAM
TOM
ARON
COUGH
and others.

Sieg

Smash Champion
HOW DARE YOU ACCUSE ME OF RAGING.

I ALWAYS PLAY IN A CALM AND FRIENDLY MANNER.

I DEMAND YOU PLAY DDR WITH ME LATER SO I CAN....

Kick the machines some more.

oldmanondorf_

Smash Ace
1. seaDORF - been my fellow smasher from the beginning
2. rangaDORF - I like winning
3. pinefreshDORF - I really like winning + controller throws and walkouts are hilarious
4. anyone else who'll drink and use Ganondorf and not take it so seriously all the time
5. J-birds? lol

Remastered

Smash Lord
1. Jaice: Brother, adapts like a champion against every character I use. Every game is a different strategy and I wouldn't be as good as I am if I didn't practice against him so much.

2. Tedeth: Have played you twice in tourneys. Got ***** first time, but I didn't let it happen the next time we played. Long term goal.

3. J-birds: I enjoy playing someone who knows the game well and reads my game well. Also another goal.

4. Toki: My worst MU goal ;)

5. Anyone from out of state: Don't get much of a chance to play many people from around Australia because of work/uni etc. So any chance to meet and play some other smashers is great.

J-Birds

Smash Lord
Oh good bloke Matt, im only critical of your habits because i have similar ones and want to see you improve.

Remastered

Smash Lord
Yeh I know, I have an onslaught of habits I get into because luigi's inability to approach good players makes me lose my patience. Have worked on it out of sight now and I spent that entire last tourney watching how you and Toki play against not only Jaice but others as well. You are my next obstacle as I'm pretty confident I will cover Jaice at next tourney if I play him, which he is a little worried about. Very keen for friendlies if your up for it at the helensvale tourney.

Look to see me and Jaice at the end of the brackets a little more from now on. 7th just wasn't cutting it for me lol.

Top Bottom