• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Favorite Crazy G&W Combo?

Neb

Smash Lord
Agh! This is totally off topic, but I have to get it out. Does anyone have a problem with consistency in their game? Its like one day I'm at the level I'm more than comfortable with, and the next I'm mediocre, it irritates me to no end.
><

napZzz

Smash Hero
Agh! This is totally off topic, but I have to get it out. Does anyone have a problem with consistency in their game? Its like one day I'm at the level I'm more than comfortable with, and the next I'm mediocre, it irritates me to no end.
><
Oh I know EXACTLY what you mean. I dont have that problem too much in brawl, but back in melee it would happen to me all the time. I'm not sure if its just because you face some better people and you think your doing bad because they beat you or something else, but sometimes it just happens. When it does happen to me I usually play another character. For those who hate meta knight as much as I do play DK, well I would suggest snake but everyone here hates him lol. For some odd reason DK can destroy snake and meta knight. And playing him always helps me out for some reason, or DDD. But idk lately, I'm good with G&W...but I just havent been enjoying him...WTF!!!! Help me!

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
I traded my Wii with Brawl cause iunno, I had no one to play with.
Now all my friends want to play, so I told my friend to leave his Wii here, and borrowed a copy of Brawl from another friend.
I picked up a whole bunch of mains, and am doing better then I ever was before.
The consistency thing with my game, I'd always do that in Melee, I wouldn't do any advanced tech quick enough, and cause an SD.
Brawl it only happens occasionally, but still does none the less.
It mostly happens with my PT Charizard, I'll try to short hop Rock Smash too quick, and the Rock Smash won't come out.

Neb

Smash Lord
lol, I'm still winning against whoever I'm playing, its just, for some reason I'm not playing at my peak. I dunno, maybe its just off days, :/. But I'm really considering looking for a secondary, all I know is that whoever it is, cannot be a lightweight. It makes me quiver to even think of second'ing DK, poop thrower, xD.

And I don't hate Snake, I dislike matching him against G&W with a great intensity, lol.
Your not enjoying him? Well when you play Game, theres definitely a different feel to him than all the other characters. Its probably you just being used to the flashiness that comes with maining Snake, G&W doesn't have that.

napZzz

Smash Hero
I've seen korean DJ's DK throw many snakes and meta knights around indeed. And DK is finally my solution to my pesky meta knight playing friend. I realized the only reason I had not been enjoying game and watch was because the past 3 days I've done nothing but face meta knight 80% of the time I have played...I'm finding fox to kind of counter MK too because of his speed.

Neb

Smash Lord
Yeah, I've checked out Fox today too, and actually took a liking to his style. The only problem is that he's pretty light, it feels like he dies even quicker than G&W sometimes, but my defense with him is up to par. Its somewhat hard to pull off KO's too, lol, I had to get used to his speed, but now its awesome.

Gishnak

Smash Ace
-Nappy, stop trying to call out Mr. Escalator. Mr. Escalator showed me his combo, and I couldn't stop laughing. It's epic. I've been practicing it now, but I'm not yet good enough to pull it off.

Neb

Smash Lord
Egh, forget what I said about Fox, I got pretty good with him today, but he's so darn light! Seriously, even with good DI, he goes flying, slow trajectory, when you think he won't get blown off screen, he does. But anyway, D3 kicks arse, a possible candidate for my growing roster. I'll keep Fox in my pocket for bad counter matchups.

napZzz

Smash Hero
-Nappy, stop trying to call out Mr. Escalator. Mr. Escalator showed me his combo, and I couldn't stop laughing. It's epic. I've been practicing it now, but I'm not yet good enough to pull it off.
so if he was able to show you....then where is the video for smashboards? Because he has been using the word tomorow alot to tell me about showing everyone.

You crazy neb! Game and watch is second lightest in the game and you callin fox light? And Neb D3 is worth playing..my DDD is **** good, I used to play him alot after game and watch and before snake and am **** with him. He does have a hard time getting around meta knight, all I end up being able to do is dodge, roll, grab, tilts, and maybe mind game them into a smash attack :p.

but still....I'm awating this video :D. And if he did to it to something I'm sure that after every move it was escapable and his noob friend got up and left to go do something to let him finish it.

Neb

Smash Lord
Lol, it seriously did feel like Fox died quicker than G&W! Its probably do to the space animal not having major KO strength/recovery like Game does. Though, looking at other mainers play Fox, I didn't understand why they never abused the pewpew (blaster), it does damage without knockback, which lessens Fox having to always get dirty with hand-to-hand, and get himself KO'd. One thing I loved was his hyphen smash, it comes out so fast!

But yeah, lol, D3 is awesome, when his smashes land, its just orgasmic. Though I'm having trouble with KO'ing quicker foes, what do you do?

cutter

Smash Champion
Probably the reason why Fox dies earlier than G&W at times is because Fox's recovery (either one) doesn't even come close to G&W's insane recovery. But yes, Fox is still great in Brawl and he's quite underrated. Just because he got nerfed from his god tier status doesn't mean he's unplayable.

As D3, use his Utilt to KO lightweight, fast charatcers. It comes out very fast and it can kill below 100% at times. It's like Snake's Utilt for Triple D. :)

bebar

Smash Cadet
Im looking forward to see this ridiculous combo.... maybe tomorrow? lol

And to add to this thread. I find that whenever i hit with a bair or fair and my opponent is in the air when it hits if i spam a up b angled whichever way they are, i can hit them with it almost all the time. Thats when they are low % tho.

Vitality

Smash Ace
Just found a new combo for G&W.

Double jump from ground to up-b. Immediately down-air and up-air at end of dair. Up tilt after uair to upsmash and follow up with up-b to dair.
Works at low %. Did about 40-50 damage for me.

napZzz

Smash Hero
my fav combo is that one mr. esc showed everyone. Oh, wait that never happened...

napZzz

Smash Hero
no, either he does not have it, or he doesnt want us to see its epic fail ness

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
I have it as I replay for all you non believers, but I can't r3ecord it as my old archos died and then new one I'm trying to get to record is wierd and recording everything in black and white. If it was anything like the old one, this combo would be up already.

And I wanted to compile a video of tricks versus snake, including Neb's new find, for the matchup thread. :[

But I've shown Gishnak it personally. He can attest to it being impossible, or at least, NEAR impossible to escape.

With the best of DI, this is a crazy combo to those with fast fingers!

But don't expect any videos soon, as the other one has priority, and I have some things to do here like get the clan tourney up, and I have a real tournament to go to in 3 days :o

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
To be fair, I typed that up soon after I woke up (I sleep in pretty far in the summer), and it's pretty hard to read what you write when your glasses are still by your bed.

Fixing!

Explaining this is hard.
Maybe tomorrow.

Neb

Smash Lord
i like to dthrow, tech-chase then either judge/oil panic/fsmash depending on what's going on.
Yeah, I do tech-chase into judge when I can. But other than that, how else do you pull-off Judgment? I'd like to incorporate it into my game a bit more, since it can be uber deadly, with plenty of combo potential.

@Esc.
S'cool, and yeah, when you type it up tomorrow, I'll try to replicate it. I'm sure it works fine, even better since I'm a pretty aggressive G&W player, so the quick button mashing should be simple.

napZzz

Smash Hero
Mr. esc I'm sure it wasnt an unescaple combo, just bad DI or rolling or something on your opponents end

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
The combo I saw him mention seemed pretty un-escapeable, but I don't know for sure just talking.
I will try it tomorrow when I wake up against one of my friends who mains Sonic, and I'll get back to you guys.
What was it again Escalator?

napZzz

Smash Hero
Ummm randomly put together alot of air moves followed by two up b's then somehow manage to finish it with the chair. And it has nothing to do with slow fingers idiot game and watches moves last at least 1 sec so its not like your non stop button pressing...

D

Deleted member

Instant key short hop (so it spikes them into the ground) and then dtilt is a timeless classic GaW combo.

unit182

Smash Apprentice
My friend mains toon link, so he likes to use his dair a lot. I use the trumpet to stall and then I nair>bair>bair>fair>keyspike and anytime I get him with it, in the middle I say your dead you know and he says Yeah I know

Top Bottom