• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Favorite Anime?

Toadsanime

Smash Journeyman
UK, England (We got Brawl late. Get over it.)
Death Note ftw.

Eh, but primarily season 1. After ep 18 or so, it started to go downhill, with only sparks of brilliance.
The manga was vastly greater than the anime. The anime was rather disappointing compared to it, actually, especially L's English voice.
The first two Japanese live-action Death Note films are great, too.

Death Note isn't my favourite anime of all time, but it's definitely up there among the top.

Darkwashu

Smash Ace
Why like Nayrewtoe(Naruto)..and BLEACH

Death Note,Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann,Azumanga and...a tie with One Piece and Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei.:ohwell:

And yeah,answer my title,I made a rant on another forum on why Naruto sucks.:******:

Miharu

Smash Hero
The manga was vastly greater than the anime. The anime was rather disappointing compared to it, actually, especially L's English voice.
The first two Japanese live-action Death Note films are great, too.

Death Note isn't my favourite anime of all time, but it's definitely up there among the top.
I personally think that the anime handled the events after
L's death
a lot better than the manga did. Also, dubs are bad; the voice hardly ever "feels right" when it's not in its original language.

TraverseTown

Smash Cadet
I only like REALLY old animes: Pokemon, Digimon, Cardcaptor Sakura, and Space-Time Detective Genshi-kun.

Jeza104

Smash Rookie
Favourite anime

I like Bleach and Naruto but my favourite anime is from the 1960's

Guessed it yet?

Kimba the white lion is the best anime EVER BAR NONE!

Man that would be awsome... Kimba in smash as an assist trophy maybe...

Sad Ressesing sigh...:(

Vts

Smash Champion
list coming...no order at all...
FMA
Bleach/Naruto(about to stop watching to much of same old same old)
Darker than black (pretty coold 26 episodes)
Gundam Wing (favorite)
Vampire Knight
Outlaw Star
Code Geass
Trigun
YuYu Hakusho
Death Note (2nd favorite)
Tales Animation (Tales video animations/movie)
Soul Eater!!!!

umm thats about the ones off the top of my head people should post more so I can start to watch other stuff lol.

Albert.

Smash Master
I didn't read all 7 pages So I don't know if anyone's mentioned it
but seriously one of the best animes of All time is Urasawa Naoki's Monster. defintely my favorite

anyone who has seen it loves it. On AnimeNewsNetwork it has 801 "masterpiece" votes.
heres that link
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=3750

but unfortunately it's too long, complicated, intelligent, un-profitable for any English company to bring it over

AND BTW the topic said "Favorite" whats with the people posting like 5? and that one person posting like 25??

Toadsanime

Smash Journeyman
UK, England (We got Brawl late. Get over it.)
And yeah,answer my title,I made a rant on another forum on why Naruto sucks.:******:
I have no idea; I'm siding with you on that one. Some anime's are so overrated.

Bleach and Dragonball.
Nothing holds a candle to them maybe Berserk and one peice come second.
Nothing holds a candle to them...? That's a load of rubbish. Bleach and Dragonball are alright, but they're two of the most tedious, repetitive and unoriginal anime's ever. Why, even the manga is better than the anime.

I personally think that the anime handled the events after
L's death
a lot better than the manga did. Also, dubs are bad; the voice hardly ever "feels right" when it's not in its original language.
I actually haven't seen all of the anime episodes yet, so I don't know how that particular event was actually handled. But I agree; the dubs were really terrible. I suppose I could just watch them subbed, though.

Avatar: The Last Airbender, duh!
Can Avatar even be counted as an anime? I thought it was made in America.

I only like REALLY old animes: Pokemon, Digimon, Cardcaptor Sakura, and Space-Time Detective Genshi-kun.
Uh... what? They aren't really old anime's, neither are they anywhere close. Them anime's were made late last decade/this decade, meaning they're not very old at all.

AND BTW the topic said "Favorite" whats with the people posting like 5? and that one person posting like 25??
The lists is because the anime's are amongst their favourites.
======
Anyway, like many others here, I also like a lot of anime shows... a lot. Oh, and as for the person that mentioned Case Closed!, I've only ever read the manga, but that was great. Hopefully the anime is just as good.
Unfortunately, hardly any anime gets shown over here in the UK, so I mainly have to depend on buying them, which is almost as difficult.
If you want me to list all my favourite anime's, I will. Otherwise, I'll just point out whether I like an anime of which someone else mentions.
Fruits Basket hasn't been given a mention yet, may I say.

-NEOLINK-

Smash Journeyman
One Piece( not 4kids please), FMA (btw confirmed new series is being worked on), Samurai Champloo, Code Geass, Death Note, Lucky Star, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, and I cant remember the rest.

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
My list

1. Basilisk
1. Elfen lied
1. GANTZ (the MANGA)
2. naruto
3. One peice
4. ruroni kenshin
5. DBZ (I THINK)
6. samurai champloo
7. FMA
8. Clannad
9. School Days XD
10.ergo proxy (this will be like 1 or 2 on the list once im done watching this)
11. Bleach
12. code geasse ( this'll be in a better spot once i watch alittle more of it)
13. Air gear FTW
14. GHOST IN THE SHELL s.a.c. & Second gig

-NEOLINK-

Smash Journeyman
Nice Boat, ArtieBoy. Btw Code Geass will be at at the top of your list soon. pizzahutpizzahut pizzahutpizzahut
I liked Air Gear, but there's too much fan service in it. Kazu ftw.

You should watch some Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni and Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni Kai if you like School Days...

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
Nice Boat, ArtieBoy. Btw Code Geass will be at at the top of your list soon. pizzahutpizzahut pizzahutpizzahut
I liked Air Gear, but there's too much fan service in it. Kazu ftw.

You should watch some Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni and Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni Kai if you like School Days...
IM Watching higurashi ATM. And i certanly did not forget it. i was making the list at my cousins house and i had to go.
but higurashi will most likily be in the top ten. and my list is not in complete order.

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
I find it difficult to distinguish a personal favourite anime.
A question that I feel is on topic, aimed at those who's favourite anime is Naruto: what is it that makes Naruto so appealing to you, and have you at least watched at least 5 other anime? (Poke'mon, Digimon, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Dragonball (series), FMA, Bleach and One Piece not included, seeing as that they are also highly popular/well-known anime)
I'm not digging at the fans of Naruto, nor am I stating that it's rubbish. I simply want your opinions, so please answer the questions I've stated above.
As far as I'm concerned, this anime show is one of the most overrated ones in existence, something Shonen Jump anime seems to be good at.
sorry for the double but i really want to respond to this. (though its not much to say)
i like naruto because they get into alot of the characters back story with a decent amount of Detail. Though thats how alot of animes are. :urg:

Peek~

Smash Lord
No specific order

Serial Experiments Lain
Welcome to N.H.K
CardCaptor Sakura
Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei
The Girl Who Leapt Through Time
Ghost Hound
Princess Tutu
Galaxy Angel
Minami-Ke
Jinki Extend
Kaiji

First post outside the SSB64 section :3

Darkwashu

Smash Ace
sorry for the double but i really want to respond to this. (though its not much to say)
i like naruto because they get into alot of the characters back story with a decent amount of Detail. Though thats how alot of animes are. :urg:
Hidan,Kakuza,Shino,Temeri,Kankuro,tenten and Sakura

So much back story it hurts.

Lexl5

Smash Journeyman
In order from best to worst IMO (from all the anime ive seen in my life)
Death Note (The human who's name is written...)
Bleach (Hollow Ichigo ftw)
Trigun (Vash the Stampede owns everything)
Naruto (Believe it)
One Piece (Gum Gum... Pistol!)
Saiyuki (havent seen this one too much, but it looks good)
Dragon Ball Z (Buu want candy)
Pokemon (urghhhhh)
Yu-Gi-Oh (-_-)

Ekaru

Smash Apprentice
Just a general list, not in a particular order (as you will obviously be able to tell):

Digimon Savers (:D)
Pokemon - when it used to not suck, OR in its current state (So happy 4Kids lost this show, they... ugh)
Prince of Tennis (Yeah really)
Gundam Seed (only one I watched so far)
A bunch of other animes involving Mechs. Well, only a few, I'll just say them (and one of them have mechs that- I won't spoil it):
Neon Evangelion (Makes you go 'WTF?' a lot)
Nadeskio (Was enjoyable)
Big O! ...is kinda one. It features a mech, at least.

First one to spot the gigantic spelling error gets a cookie. To finish it off...

Japanese Yugioh (Like, really, especially season 0. Too bad 4Kids farted on the seasons it dubbed. I mean really, censoring Yugi's MOM?)
A few others I forgot.

To condense it into a top 3:

Pot
Mechs
Monster shows (including Monster Rancher. XD)

Wait, that's supposed to be PoT. Whatever.

Top Bottom