• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Favorite Anime?

Yinlong

Smash Journeyman
S-cry-ed is one of my all time favorites

so much symbolism
yet so violent at the same time
plus alters = win.

i also like gundam wing.

IWontGetOverTheDam

Smash Lord
I like Death Note, but I hate it's fanbase. You know, those people who go on Youtube videos and comment about how the dub sucks ("ZOMG HE SAID 'EXACTLY AS PLANNED' INSTEAD IF 'JUST AS PLANNED!!!!!!!!111!!") or say stuff like "ZOMG Raito wa kawaii!!!!!!!"

-NEOLINK-

Smash Journeyman
I remember S-cry-ed it was pretty good.
^But really the Death Note dub wasn't bad or nothing, but the subs just made the overall feeling of the anime a lot more intense. Oh and Light's laugh at the end in the dub doesn't even compare to the original.

urdailywater

Smash Hero
Pokemon is the only true anime that I still like to this day tbh.

The other is DBZ.
TBH though I don't care for it too much.

Icy_Eagle

Smash Journeyman
Bleach when it doesn't suck (i.e. when it isn't fillers or filler quality animation)
Soul Eater
Code Geass
1st part of Naruto
Pokémon when I was 10

Don't watch a lot of anime

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
1. Basilisk
1. Elfen lied
1. GANTZ (the MANGA)
2. One Piece↑ (sorry BIG NARUTO FANS but one piece is a bit better)
3. naruto↓
4. ruroni kenshin
5. DBZ (I THINK)
6. samurai champloo
7. FMA
8. Clannad
9. School Days XD
10.ergo proxy (this will be like 1 or 2 on the list once im done watching this)
11. Bleach
12. code geasse ( this'll be in a better spot once i watch alittle more of it)
13. Air gear FTW
14. GHOST IN THE SHELL s.a.c. & Second gig
fixed i change the order very slightly

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
^But really the Death Note dub wasn't bad or nothing.
I agree, it's not bad. It's downright horrible, and the original japanese anime was just as bad as well.

The perfect example of stories that work only on paper, and not on screen (I'm looking at you, Watchmen). The manga is pretty cool (although there are far better Shonen titles out there), the anime just ruins it.

The live action movies rate among the worst comic-book films (zomg its not a comic its a manga!!).

Recently started reading Ranma 1/2 again. Still like it.

Toadsanime

Smash Journeyman
UK, England (We got Brawl late. Get over it.)
Avatar, One-piece, Digimon (before the people turned into transformers).
Tell me that that really didn't happen. Digimon Savers looked good to me, if that's what you were referring to.

sorry for the double but i really want to respond to this. (though its not much to say)
i like naruto because they get into alot of the characters back story with a decent amount of Detail. Though thats how alot of animes are. :urg:
You've just backed up my point instead of yours by saying 'though that's how a lot of anime is.'. Naruto is no better than any other anime. In fact, it's a worse than quite a number of anime. It's not Naruto that is terrible, it's the fanbase. Naruto is an average anime, but the outrageous fanbase have lowered my opinion of it.

In order from best to worst IMO (from all the anime ive seen in my life)
Trigun (Vash the Stampede owns everything)
Saiyuki (havent seen this one too much, but it looks good)
Trigun was a good series, actually. As for Saiyuki, I've only read the manga. (Both 'Saiyuki' and 'Saiyuki Reloaded'.)

Anything not dubbed by 4kids.
A wise answer. However, what with all the hate put towards 4Kids, they didn't ruin everything they made. The original Poke'mon series' was undoubtfully good, in my own opinion. The Poke'mon Company have made a poor dub of it now.

I like Death Note, but I hate it's fanbase. You know, those people who go on Youtube videos and comment about how the dub sucks ("ZOMG HE SAID 'EXACTLY AS PLANNED' INSTEAD IF 'JUST AS PLANNED!!!!!!!!111!!") or say stuff like "ZOMG Raito wa kawaii!!!!!!!"
Yeah. Unfortunately, a lot of fanbases go crazy like that. I hate Naruto's fanbase over any other.

lol @ live action deathnote
I actually thought the first two live action films weren't half bad. With that said, the third one was complete and utter random rubbish.

I'd have to say Ranma 1/2 is the best Anime....imo
I've only ever seen Ranma 1/2's anime series a little, but 'Ranma 1/2 Movie 1: Big Trouble in Nekonron, China' was very good, including its soundtrack.

I agree, it's not bad. It's downright horrible, and the original japanese anime was just as bad as well.
The perfect example of stories that work only on paper, and not on screen (I'm looking at you, Watchmen). The manga is pretty cool (although there are far better Shonen titles out there), the anime just ruins it.
The live action movies rate among the worst comic-book films (zomg its not a comic its a manga!!).
The Death Note isn't that terrible, in my opinion. True, it doesn't compare to the manga, but it could of been worse. With that said, I watched the first 4 or 5 episodes of it and got fed up. I'll stick with the manga.
I watched all three of the live-action films. The third one was undoubtfully horrid, but the first two were actually okay. What with how some Japanese films are set-out, the first two films were very good.

Zolga Owns

Smash Lord
Naruto (Shippuden especially)

Kiddy Grade

thats about it though i want to experience Death note alot of people say its good

Toadsanime

Smash Journeyman
Naruto (Shippuden especially)

Kiddy Grade

thats about it though i want to experience Death note alot of people say its good
I haven't seen Kiddy Grade mentioned yet.
Death Note is good, but the manga greatly exceeds the experience of the anime. The anime was generally poor in comparison to the manga, and not just because of the terrible dubbing.
However, if you're willing to try out new anime's, you shouldn't just focus on the hugely popular anime/fads.

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
Which Yu-Gi-Oh! series are you referring to? I hate 5 D's and GX was really poor, too. The only half-good series was the original. Still, it doesn't compare to the original manga.
The original one, the ones after it were trash. The original manga is alright though.

Toadsanime

Smash Journeyman
You better be talking about the original, ORIGINAL Yu-Gi-Oh! where it wasn't just ****ing card games.
There was no Yu-Gi-Oh! anime without card games released over here; that's Season zero. I'm referring to the first series that was here. However, the original manga also discluded card games for a while.

When wasn't it card games? In the beginning? Or are you talking about the manga?
Hemightbegiant is referring to the Japan-only release of Season zero. It was purely based off of the original manga which didn't contain anything to do with card games.
That manga was actually fantastic, and is the manga I was referring to earlier. However, when I mentioned the first series, I meant Season one - the one that was released outside of Japan, and was based on card games. It was the only good season; zero discluded.

Vodage

Smash Journeyman
And the summer anime that I've taken the most liking to are Sekirei, an anime that is like Fate/Stay Night except with a lot more fanservice,
I just took a look at the first episode of Sekirei... HELLA fanservice. But other than that idk

Favorite anime for me so far is (in no particular order)

Cowboy Bebop

GitS

idk nothing else has really wowed me

Ergo Proxy was ok i guess

Kaabi

Smash Cadet
But of course... (drum roll)

Kirby of the Stars:chuckle::laugh:

Seriously though, Full Metal Alchemist or Neon Genesis Evangelion.
I can't decide.
i liked Dragonball too, but it was screwed up after the middle.
Edit: How did I forget Rurouni Kenshin?

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
Really, it's all about Eyeshield 21. C'mon guys.

Actually, I haven't watched it, I've only read the manga. But it's just full of manly tears.

As long as you're on the subject of sports anime, Hajime no Ippo.

Oh yeah, and Goldenboy. The dubbing is beautiful--that isn't to say the voices aren't stupid as hell, but they're the right kind of stupid. You need to see this show. You need to do it now. Hurry up. Quick. You shouldn't even get to the end of this sentence. You did, didn't you? Goddammit, you're still reading.

Gaara♥

Smash Master
in no order...
R.O.D. the TV
.hack//sign
lucky star
Fullmetal Alchemist
Fumoffu
pokemon(just cant let it go lol)

SSBB.Fay

Smash Rookie
I would say My top 5 anime's will be:
1. Tsubasa Chronicles
2. Black Cat
3. Elemental Gelade
4. Naruto
5. Get Backers

Ken34

Smash Journeyman
just caught up to manga

fanservice every other page np

the sekirei crest looks nice though
i watched the anime of sekirei, at first i thought it would just be another average anime with fanservice and nothing else, but it actually has a good story and the characters are interesting, i loved the anime.

Psychoace

Smash Champion
I'll include movies on my part as I find a lot of the movies more entertaining then most series'

Movies
1. Vampire Hunter D bloodlust
2. Blame: The search for Cibo
3. Cowboy bebop the movie
4. Akira
5. Mobile Suit Gundam Wing: The Movie - Endless Waltz

Series
1. .hack//sign
2. Wolf's Rain
3. Chobits
4. Elfen Lied
5. Higurashi no Naku Koro ni

DeathTheKid

Smash Rookie
Difficult question.......In no particular order Death Note , Claymore , Neon Genesis Evangelion (What started my love of anime!) , Princess mononoke (Also started my love of anime) , And i'll leave the last spot blank I can't remember this one from the 100's i've watched <.<

Toadsanime

Smash Journeyman
Difficult question.......In no particular order Death Note , Claymore , Neon Genesis Evangelion (What started my love of anime!) , Princess mononoke (Also started my love of anime) , And i'll leave the last spot blank I can't remember this one from the 100's i've watched <.<
Princess Mononoke remains to be one of Studio Ghibli's greatest films. Pretty much all of their films that I've seen (all but two) have blown me away.

Movies
4. Akira
I have the 2-disc special edition DVD of Akira. Unfortunately, however, I've never sat and watched the whole thing through properly, which is pretty poor of me.

I would say My top 5 anime's will be:
2. Black Cat
3. Elemental Gelade
I don't think I've heard either of those mentioned yet, which is a shame. I've read some of the Black Cat's manga, but haven't seen the anime. It's pretty good.
As for Elemental Gelade, I've read some of the manga and have seen some of the anime. I own only the first anime volume of it on DVD currently, though. It's a pretty good series, one of my favourite shonen ones.

Ken34

Smash Journeyman
Princess Mononoke remains to be one of Studio Ghibli's greatest films. Pretty much all of their films that I've seen (all but two) have blown me away.

I have the 2-disc special edition DVD of Akira. Unfortunately, however, I've never sat and watched the whole thing through properly, which is pretty poor of me.

I don't think I've heard either of those mentioned yet, which is a shame. I've read some of the Black Cat's manga, but haven't seen the anime. It's pretty good.
As for Elemental Gelade, I've read some of the manga and have seen some of the anime. I own only the first anime volume of it on DVD currently, though. It's a pretty good series, one of my favourite shonen ones.
i liked elemental gelade and black cat, but i think thier average at best, nothing special.

Bakithi

Smash Apprentice
Uh, my top 5 anime's would have to be...

1.)Trigun
2.)D. Gray Man
3.) Samurai Champloo
4.)Akira (It's an anime movie, but still awesome.)
5.)Rurouni Kenshin (Never finished watching the whole thing, but it's awesome.

Top Bottom