• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Favorite Anime?

Puddin

Smash Lord
1. Eureka Seven
2. FLCL
3. Full Metal Alchemist
4. Cowboy Bebop
5. Samurai Champloo

My top five, some honorable mentions: Lupin III, Ghost in the Shell, Porco Rosso (movie),Blood+ and just about every other movie made by Hayao Miyasaki, who doesn't love his work? But Porco Rosso is my favorite. (Even if most of the movies feature a girl that looks the same in every one but with a different outfit)

Watched some of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, didn't like it much and it seemed a bit overrated. And you all know why.

Psychoace

Smash Champion
Princess Mononoke remains to be one of Studio Ghibli's greatest films. Pretty much all of their films that I've seen (all but two) have blown me away.

I have the 2-disc special edition DVD of Akira. Unfortunately, however, I've never sat and watched the whole thing through properly, which is pretty poor of me.

I don't think I've heard either of those mentioned yet, which is a shame. I've read some of the Black Cat's manga, but haven't seen the anime. It's pretty good.
As for Elemental Gelade, I've read some of the manga and have seen some of the anime. I own only the first anime volume of it on DVD currently, though. It's a pretty good series, one of my favourite shonen ones.
The ending is what we like to call a mind ****. lol.

Tyser

Smash Champion
1. The Legendary DBZ
2. Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
3. Ouran High School Host Club
4. Chi's Sweet Home
5. DearS (anime kinda sucked balls, but the manga kicked ass IMO)

Darkwashu

Smash Ace
1. The Legendary DBZ
2. Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
3. Ouran High School Host Club
4. Chi's Sweet Home
5. DearS (anime kinda sucked balls, but the manga kicked ass IMO)
Sorry to sound rude, but how the heck is TTGL below DBZ?

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I can't belive I didn't reply in this thread. Oh well my top 10 list:

1) Kirby of the Stars

2) Kiddy Grade

3) Powerpuff Girls Z

4) Pokemon (All)

5) Bleach

6) One Piece

7) Naruto Shippuden

8) DBZ

9) InuYasha

10) Gundam Wing

I would write the detils of what I like about them, but I'm in a rush right now. This is one of a many reasons why I love some of the Gundam sireies XD

Toadsanime

Smash Journeyman
UK, England (We got Brawl late. Get over it.)
i liked elemental gelade and black cat, but i think thier average at best, nothing special.
Well, I enjoyed the two of them and would at least rate Elemental Gelade a little higher than average. However, I agree, it's not one of the very best anime shows out there. It's still an enjoyable series, though.

Uh, my top 5 anime's would have to be...
1.)Trigun
I saw some of the anime's first series of Trigun, and I also read a few of the manga volumes. I also read through about the first five volumes of Trigun: Maximum, and on all three accounts they're rather good.

The ending is what we like to call a mind ****. lol.
The ending of what? Princess Mononoke or Elemental Gelade? Or was you referring to the ending of my sentence itself? If you were, it wasn't at all a complex statement. It should be easily understood by even the most common of anime fans. :laugh:

Yu-Gi-Oh!

But GX just completely killed the series. :[
And after GX killed the series, 5D's decided to dig the grave for it and kick it in. :laugh:
Seriously though, the greatest achievement of Yu-Gi-Oh! was the manga. The first series (not Season Zero) was alright, too. I wouldn't place it among my favourites, though.

Psychoace

Smash Champion
Well, I enjoyed the two of them and would at least rate Elemental Gelade a little higher than average. However, I agree, it's not one of the very best anime shows out there. It's still an enjoyable series, though.

I saw some of the anime's first series of Trigun, and I also read a few of the manga volumes. I also read through about the first five volumes of Trigun: Maximum, and on all three accounts they're rather good.

The ending of what? Princess Mononoke or Elemental Gelade? Or was you referring to the ending of my sentence itself? If you were, it wasn't at all a complex statement. It should be easily understood by even the most common of anime fans. :laugh:

And after GX killed the series, 5D's decided to dig the grave for it and kick it in. :laugh:
Seriously though, the greatest achievement of Yu-Gi-Oh! was the manga. The first series (not Season Zero) was alright, too. I wouldn't place it among my favourites, though.
No I was refering to Akira.

SenorPresidente

Smash Ace
1. Getter Robo Armageddon
2. Gaiking: Legend of Daikū Maryū
3. Mazinkaiser
4. Gunbuster
5. Giant Robo: The Day the Earth Stood Still

If you can't tell i like my mech shows.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Higurashi No Naku Kokoro Ni =D

That anime is awesome.

My favorites are CCS, Love Hina, and Ranma 1/2. Those were the animes I first watched and I got into anime cuz of them :).

Smash Journeyman
My favorite is Air TV or Death Note. For the rest in no order : TMHS, Gurren Lagann, and Kanon. Not much since I just got into anime.

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
OMG!, I love this series of .hack//, I already purchased two CD's where Haseo appears, I never would have gotten into this if it want for .hack//vol. 1. Rebirth
.hack//sign is the one with tsukasa.
the haseo one is .hack//G.U.
i like .hack but i was never able to find the rest of the games and finish them. =[

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
It's honestly hard to choose an anime that you favour the most since there will always anime that outclass other name, like Code Geass and Death Note.

Right now... I would say Mushi-shi

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
i don't have a favorite. i have seen too many series to just like one but i do like others more.
actually i am a huge evangelion fan.
and i really like watching mecha.

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
Haha! Some people like Dragon ball Z just because of Goku, or just because Vegeta says "It's over 9000!!!1!!"

Dragon Ball Z even better than Full Metal Alchemist?

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I don't exactly have a favorite, but I'll list the ones I really like.

Evangelion
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
Macross Frontier
Gundam 08th MS Team
Code Geass (Not R2)
Full Metal Alchemist (Can't wait until the second anime airs)
Yu Yu Hakusho
One Piece

And many more, but I'm trying to limit the list by not adding all the Shonen-types I watch.
After watching one episode of the Casshern remake, it looks pretty good.

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
Did the producer of FMA said they were making a second season? Last time I heard, they said no...

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
Wow... That is AWESOME >.< XD XDXDXD

Well that killed some time. New Lucky Star anime pl0x?

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Yu Yu Hakusho
In another thread, I said Naruto is stereo-typical shonen in the worst possible ways. If that is true, than Yu Yu Hakusho is stereo-typical shonen in the best possible ways.

Jump and other shonen mangas have actually produced good stories and good mangas (yeah, I went there), but it's overshadowed by crap like Naruto and One Piece and all that bull. For every lame-*** pirate or ninja, Jump has given us an awesome Jojo or Kenshin.

Darkwashu

Smash Ace
In another thread, I said Naruto is stereo-typical shonen in the worst possible ways. If that is true, than Yu Yu Hakusho is stereo-typical shonen in the best possible ways.

Jump and other shonen mangas have actually produced good stories and good mangas (yeah, I went there), but it's overshadowed by crap like Naruto and One Piece and all that bull. For every lame-*** pirate or ninja, Jump has given us an awesome Jojo or Kenshin.
Many people consider One Piece to be amazing.

@Topic
Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni, im loving it....

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I consider One Piece one of those hit or miss types of manga. I love it, but I can see why people don't like it.

Hunter X Hunter's a pretty good manga. But I wished that Togashi wouldn't take a 6 month hiatus every single time. I'm greatful that Togashi actually finished Yu Yu Hakusho.

I guess I prefer tasteful shonen manga and anime (sounds like a contradiction) and mecha anime the most.

Edit: I'm currently watching Macross 7 after Macross Frontier ended. Macross 7 seems a little boring to me.

Top Bottom