• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Favorite Anime?

tmw_redcell

ULTRA GORGEOUS
BRoomer
has anyone heard of the oav called "comedy" or "kigeki"? It's ranked #44 on the anime news network's list. i thought it was pretty good. but im still wondering why its called "comedy"
It's not a comedy in the modern sense. Old literature was either classified as comedy or tragedy, comedy wasn't neccessarily "funny," it had a happy ending. Hence things like Dante's Divine Comedy. It's called "Comedy" because of the old books that the guy accepts as payment.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
lolwut???

Bleach is the essence of phail.

Yeah. I said

Oh, and no Johns, k?
lol.. what? did I just read you correctly? Bleach is one of the best Anime shows that I have come to like, what is it with you people hating/disliking it? is it because it's by Shonen or something? obviously there are way better Anime's out there but I still believe it's EPIC

*yes I said it*

*Johns at you*

Miharu

Smash Hero
lol.. what? did I just read you correctly? Bleach is one of the best Anime shows that I have come to like, what is it with you people hating/disliking it? is it because it's by Shonen or something? obviously there are way better Anime's out there but I still believe it's EPIC

*yes I said it*

*Johns at you*
Shounen is a type of anime:

Wikipedia said:
Shōnen (少年, Shōnen? literally, "Boy") sometimes transliterated as shounen or shonen, is a Japanese word used in English to refer to manga intended for young boys. Examples include Detective Conan (名探偵 コナン Meitantei Conan or Case Closed), Dragon Ball, Rurouni Kenshin, Bleach, The Guyver, One Piece, InuYasha, Shaman King, Naruto, Death Note, Yu Yu Hakusho and Yu-Gi-Oh.
I don't believe he dislikes it because it appears in Shonen Jump; it's more likely for the following ones that were mentioned previously:

• Over 100 episodes. If they cannot complete their story in this time they're needlessly dragging it out. Oh wait, shounen anime.
  • Needless filler episodes that are completely unrelated to the main "story".
  • Boring characters.
  • Art quality is quite lackluster.

Just a few reasons. I'm also just not a fan of shounen epics.

Xyphr

Smash Rookie
Gintama (Hilarious anime...I recommend it to you if you like to watch anime that will make you laugh with each episode)
Soul Eater (Pretty good anime, pretty funny, good fight scenes)
Amatsuki
Naruto (manga, I dunno I don't like naruto's fillers...:X)
Bleach (Pretty alright)
I have others but I can't think of them =\

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
I've been watching some So Long Mr Despair the past few days. So ****ing stupid (yet I am still watching)

M.K

Level 55
I'm the typical casual anime fan....Naruto is the only one I follow EXTREMELY closely. I like it alot.

cheap_josh

Smash Ace
I don't watch much anime except for Case Closed.
Man that show is great, I wish they'd show it more often. It comes on Funimation last time I checked, it used to come on Adult Swim as well.

Reioumu

Smash Lord
I propose making a thread debating this O_o
You kind of took that statement out of context. They said it's one of the best they've come to like, but then they said that there are obviously 'way better' anime out there. :/ No debate is needed.

I'll stick by my list on page 2 of about 45 anime (definitely more that I didn't list could have been added to the ones I've enjoyed.) Though sadly, I don't have a favorite despite the fact my avatar and signature are from Gurren-Lagann
-Rei

AzSvFeZ

Smash Lord
Easy!:
Rave Master(Amazing)
Death Note
Bleach
Dragon Ball Z(Only show I stuck too for years)
Rourouni Kenshin(Wish I knew where to find more episodes)
YuYu Hakusho(^^)

Dx-pyrohunter64

Smash Apprentice
1)Death Note
2)Elfen Lied
3)Bleach / Naruto (I like both the same lol)
4)Fma

Errm theres more but these are the main ones. I don't see what's wrong with watching mainstream animes O.o I mean a show is a show right? Long as you enjoy it.

A couple others I'm watching right now are

Welcome to the NHK
Vampire Night
Karas
Excel Saga (>_> hate and like it at the same time)
Ayakashi
Air Gear

Ones I want to start watching

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzimiya (spelling? O.o don't know it off the top of my head)
Gurren Lagaan (spelling?)
Azumanga Daioh

others but I['m gettin tired of listing animes lol ^^

Zero

Smash Hero
1)Death Note
Errm theres more but these are the main ones. I don't see what's wrong with watching mainstream animes O.o I mean a show is a show right? Long as you enjoy it.
If there are better shows, why waste your time on the mediocre ones?

Anyway, Karas is great, I still haven't seen the second part of it, which I really should do, the first one was great. Welcome to the NHK is also good, although I've heard the manga is much better.

Watch Gurren Lagann now, you will not regret it. It does what Naruto did in 250+ episodes, in 26.

znintendotaku

Smash Journeyman
im not saying bleach is the best but once you get past the first filler the art and story line get much better (the filler isnt even that bad)...

the reason the shorter shows like code geass and death note and cowboy bebop ect. are so great is because the director only has to spend enough money for about 30 episodes so the surplus funds goes to 'polishing' it up to make it better...

tite kubo isnt the type of director to wrap up his shows quickly...

i guess its just a matter of opinion...

p.s. im on ep 17 of geass:LoR and its freaking sweet (yes im watching it dubbed because i like johnny yong bosch's voice (lelouche))

Dx-pyrohunter64

Smash Apprentice
If there are better shows, why waste your time on the mediocre ones?

Anyway, Karas is great, I still haven't seen the second part of it, which I really should do, the first one was great. Welcome to the NHK is also good, although I've heard the manga is much better.

Watch Gurren Lagann now, you will not regret it. It does what Naruto did in 250+ episodes, in 26.

Like I said, long as you enjoy it right? ;)

Yeah I'm about to start watching it soon as I clear up more space on my hard drive lol XD

riboflavinbob

Smash Apprentice
1)Death Note
2)Elfen Lied
3)Bleach / Naruto (I like both the same lol)
4)Fma

A couple others I'm watching right now are

Welcome to the NHK
Vampire Night
Karas
Excel Saga (>_> hate and like it at the same time)
Ayakashi
Air Gear

Ones I want to start watching

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzimiya (spelling? O.o don't know it off the top of my head)
Gurren Lagaan (spelling?)
Azumanga Daioh

others but I['m gettin tired of listing animes lol ^^
lol, those are my kinds of anime :D... excel saga was pretty funny and so was azumanga. Gurren Lagann is the most epic anime ever, theres no argument there.

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
These are generic but still:
Full Metal Alchemist
Gundum Seed
One Piece
D.Gray-man
Death Note
Gundam 00
Code Geass
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
Soul Eater

Maliceschaos

Smash Cadet
Naruto
Dragonball
Inuyasha
Love Hina
One piece
Abenobashi and blah blah blah
Trigun
Hoshi no Kaabi.
-I just can't seem to get enough of the pink ball.

tmw_redcell

ULTRA GORGEOUS
BRoomer
Don't make that thread. You can post in the Bleach thread (or if there isn't one, make it) but don't make a thread for just one long dumb argument.

digitalmaster287

Smash Journeyman
In no particular order:

Death Note
Code Geass (both seasons)
DBZ
Zatch Bell (on hold)
Evangelion (currently watching)
Naruto
Bleach
One Piece (overrated imo, but still a fun series)
Rurouni Kenshin
Black Cat
D. Gray Man
TTGL (how could I forget this until the last moment! Epic beyond words)

Darkslash

Smash Master
Gundam 00
Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion
Code Geass R2
Macross Frontier
Death Note (the ending was epic)
Full Metal Alchemist (haven't read the manga in a long time)
Sky Crawlers(trailers look nice)
JAPANESE DUBBED POKEMON NOT THE ENGLISH DUB though the Anime Physics are kinda well...you know what i mean

Naruto and Bleach are OVER RATED

Green_Swirl

Smash Cadet
I guess I'm the 2nd Gintama fan to post in this thread. That's the only one I watch. I used to watch Case Closed, but they took it off Adult Swim.

siqmonkey

Smash Apprentice
I hope newer episodes of Air Gear will be released.

1. Air Gear
2. Naruto
3. Full Metal Alchemist
4. Prince of Tennis
5. Death Note

Toadsanime

Smash Journeyman
UK, England (We got Brawl late. Get over it.)
Question: Why do you like Naruto?

I find it difficult to distinguish a personal favourite anime.
A question that I feel is on topic, aimed at those who's favourite anime is Naruto: what is it that makes Naruto so appealing to you, and have you at least watched at least 5 other anime? (Poke'mon, Digimon, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Dragonball (series), FMA, Bleach and One Piece not included, seeing as that they are also highly popular/well-known anime)
I'm not digging at the fans of Naruto, nor am I stating that it's rubbish. I simply want your opinions, so please answer the questions I've stated above.
As far as I'm concerned, this anime show is one of the most overrated ones in existence, something Shonen Jump anime seems to be good at.

Top Bottom