• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FAST 1 - Orlando, FL - Jul 17-20, 08 Thanks to everyone who came!!

skylark

Smash Rookie
You mean like if you want to use a wiimote/classic/GC controller with your own personal custom button setup (for example: A=jump instead of X)?

If so, nope, I don't see why there would be any.
Just wondering. Recently I went to a local tournament and they forced everyone to use Wiimote and chuck with default controls. It sucked, but is what made me start using the wiimote + chuck, which I actually like now. Even though it isn't as good as GC...

skylark

Smash Rookie
I bought tickets for two people, but it didn't ask for the second person's Smash name. I put in there real name and email though.
Is the lack of a smash name for him a problem?
I did put his smash name in my teammates spot though.

Sorry if I am asking alot of dumb questions.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
If I come, I'll accept just about any MMs.

The only MMs I prolly won't accept are ROB dittos. It's not that I'm bad at them... I just don't like them. I'll prolly play a few... but I hate them. I'm not making a tally of MMs yet though... I dunno if I'm gonna come. Depends on what St. Louis' driving situation is, and it depends on when they get back to me.

Unless someone else from the midwest that is reading this thread is going and has an open spot or two...
$10 my G&W vs your ROB.

;).

Eggm

Smash Hero
DoH do you still need a teammate? Cause DJ still needs one and wants to register before Saturday. And mario/peach is a pretty god **** beast team if I do say so myself. Just look at XIF/Green Mario. Also his Mario is THE hardest i've ever had to face, and i've beaten bob $ Green mario in tourney sets more than once, also boss more than once and velocity every time ever. :) I know my mario's lol.

CaptainCrunch

Smash Ace
DoH do you still need a teammate? Cause DJ still needs one and wants to register before Saturday. And mario/peach is a pretty god **** beast team if I do say so myself. Just look at XIF/Green Mario. Also his Mario is THE hardest i've ever had to face, and i've beaten bob $ Green mario in tourney sets more than once, also boss more than once and velocity every time ever. :) I know my mario's lol.
I asked him earlier but he didn't really respond for sure.

Hey 75 people registered good stuff but we need more.

Register nubs!!!!

manofgames4555

Smash Journeyman
Lol I look forward to facing you with my Mario. I main him and hope to show the Smash community why I "WALNT" and Florida smashers are some of the best. In my opinion the best Mario in the state is Angry Lobster, now that's a test. Also, no offense Green Mario I have heard great things.

I am curious to see all the Mario players...

QDVS

BRoomer
BRoomer
ROFL, green mario is the best mario ever!!!

Unless of course you mean in brawl...which in that case I have no clue whose best, though AL is a beast!!!

Oh and people be sure to bring anything you can to help, that includes:

Power strips
Extension cords
Chairs
Tables
GCs (w/smash)
Wiis (w/smash)

Even if you can't bring a TV, bring your GCs/Wiis so that people who bring TVs without those can use yours!!!

:colorful:

manofgames4555

Smash Journeyman
Oh greenmario was good in melee? I didn't play melee well, but good to know. Anyways yes, I was referring to brawl Mario players. Green Mario is good as crap I hear but, I personally have to go with AL. At best I would give a tie. I on the other hand think I am getting closer to their level of smash.

manofgames4555

Smash Journeyman
Hmm really good information. I am registered as "WALNT" and I will be there for singles. I hope to face everyone really. I dub AL Mario cpt. of the south. I hope to take my Mario far, really, really far!

PS. I am consumed by the thought of this tournament. I have been waiting for a national tournament.... :)

Overswarm

is laughing at you
why does everyone alwys want to MM me on counters. Why aren't their ballsy snakes coming up saynig "I'LL MM YOU!!!!". No, no. Only Metaknights and G&W and ROBs. :'(

CO18

Smash Hero
i can bring a wii and a power cord. thats about it

ive also got high quality recording equipment.. but im sure thats most likely handled already.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
why does everyone alwys want to MM me on counters. Why aren't their ballsy snakes coming up saynig "I'LL MM YOU!!!!". No, no. Only Metaknights and G&W and ROBs. :'(
Haha, I was noticing that one. Tell ya what...just to be different,

$3 MM with one of the following:

Ike
Fox
Zelda
Marth

your choice, but by far, Ike and Fox are better for me than the other two... I don't really know if any of those are considered "counters" for ROB...so I'll make it your choice. : )

Sworddancer has been added to my list of awesome people due to "I'm bringing all of that" : )

AL makes Brawl mario look good. o.o

And yeah, if anybody has ANYTHING that they think might help the tourney, but they aren't sure if we need it...we'll make use of it. I can say that with a great deal of certainty. so bring your stuff. anything helps. : ) Power strips, extension cords, tables, chairs, copies of smash, Wiis, Cubes, TVs, recording equip, etc etc etc. I can't even name everything that might help this. Even Clipboards would be so nice. : )

Also, I'm going to make up a detailed equipment check in/out list for this.
Don't worry, it won't be complicated or a huge hassle or anything, but I DEFINITELY want to be responsible with the equipment there. So basically, no stuff comes in or out without us knowing about it. : )
Kevin, we gotta meet up before the tourney so I can give it to you...I won't be there Thursday morn...

Oh yeah...I won't be there for most of the Melee days...due to work. So basically, if everybody could come together to make this run smoothly, I would GREATLY appreciate it. : )

DJ Nintendo

Smash Champion
Got d*mnit, I still need a teammate. I'm one of the best Melee Mario players too. I don't like Brawl that much but I still play it once in a blue. I don't like Mario in Brawl but I still play him and he's pretty beast lol. Bowser is my top main in Brawl though, just like Melee.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I'll start recording MMs once I know for sure I'm going :p

I'm probably gonna have to cap MMs at $15 or $20 depending on how much I have to spare, this is going to be an expensive trip... especially if I have to drive 5 hours to St. Louis by myself!

manofgames4555

Smash Journeyman
Frames hasn't updated the original post if you registered and don't see your name.

-WALNT was here. (that's Walnut to you)

--------------------------
Mario mains go crazy!!!!

Linguini

Smash Master
DJ, ill team with you if green isnt teaming with mike g, ill know by later today.

I was teaming for chops in brawl,but frames could you change that im teaming with afro now.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
im gonna MM crunch in chess @ FAST hbox. 5-10 dollars. all i need to do is find one of those traveling magnetic chess sets...

Top Bottom