• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FAST 1 - Orlando, FL - Jul 17-20, 08 Thanks to everyone who came!!

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
NOt sure why I'm not listed as registered...but yeah...

Rx- did you guys already make the shirts?

Hey, we're going to need tournament leaders and directors here.
I'm envisioning stuff like 1 person manning around like 5 TVs...making sure rules are correct and tournament matches are going on. That kind of thing, among other responsibilities that will be needed. If you are interested in helping out in the actual running of the tournament, just post about it. We will need mature, chill Smashers. And NO, this does not mean you cannot play in the tournament...it will not interfere with your entry...it will just allow us to better run the tournament. : )
Frames, if you could start a list of people wanting to lead on the first post, that'd be great..

Frames

DI

I'm envisioning stuff like 1 person manning around like 5 TVs...making sure rules are correct and tournament matches are going on. That kind of thing, among other responsibilities that will be needed. If you are interested in helping out in the actual running of the tournament, just post about it. We will need mature, chill Smashers. And NO, this does not mean you cannot play in the tournament...it will not interfere with your entry...it will just allow us to better run the tournament. : )
Frames, if you could start a list of people wanting to lead on the first post, that'd be great..
Uh, first of all you're NOT listed as registered, unless you go under a different name then fenrir...Looks like too much work is messing with your eyes, buddy :D

Rx is making the shirts now, but like i said, you're not registered, so it doesn't matter anyway.

Fenrir is right though, we need more staff members to help out at the event. You can post here like he said, or just send me a PM, it's all good.

C@sH Mooney

Smash Master

I'm up for setting up the TV's and **** for the tourney, and being a rule nazi. I'm really fast at setting TV's and wiis/GC's.

Life After Death

Smash Champion
I need a good teammate for both Melee & Brawl. More preferably Melee of course because that game is too good. To those who don't know me, I main Bowser & Mario in Melee. Although, I use a vast variety of characters for counterpicks during teams like Peach & Fox. For Brawl, I still main Bowser and I also main Lucario. My other Brawl characters are Ike, Dedede, and Mario.

So if anyone can help me out and let me know before online registration is over, that would kick a$$. By the way, if you're a good Marth player, that'll be even better because Marth is Bowser's best partner in teams for Melee lol. I could care less what character my would-be teammate uses for Brawl, but a Dedede would be nice since thats one of Bowser's best partners lol.

It'll take me a while to see whats been posted and write back since I'll be at work most of the day, so please contact me through here and AIM. My AIM screen name is DJ Nintendo05. Thanks my peoplez.
someone beast team with this man. he's a beast

skylark

Smash Rookie
Just joined to say that I will be going to this thing. Also does anyone in the area know any hotels or whatever near by?

Zoro

Smash Champion
We still need a flier or something of the like for this.

Believe me it will help attendance greatly if we can get a good flier out there. Anybody interested in helping out this way?

Yeah i told frames to do this like a month ago

sigh

Raistlin

Smash Lord

I already told Frames I'll help with whatever I can, so I'm down for this.

Zig-Zag!

Smash Lord
I've been a captain for nearly every tourny Ive been to, yo

Where is the midwest repzzzzz I need a brawl partner!

@Swift - are you not in pittsburgh anymore? Is PA going to this?

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
Hey Frames and Fenrir, I would love to help with directing the tournament. Fenrir knows, I'm a cool guy and helping run the tournie is the least I can do.

Oh, and I can bring an 8-socket power strip. I'm not sure if I can bring an extension cord, but I'll definitely bring the power strip.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
NoJ, I planned on housing you during the nights of the tournament.

If you can catch a ride to UCF before that thursday, then we will take you back and forth the whole weekend.

My number is 321-604-8717 if you need to call me. We will be at UCF from July 16-21.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
so far, Tournament Directors are

Frames
Fenrir (mainly Brawl days, since I'm working until like 6 on T and F)
Rx- and BossMagnet
QDVS (Melee days)
Zig-Zag!
Raistlin
Apollo + the power strip hookup. yayuhz
Exark
Dguy
Lobstah!!

this is good. really good. could take some more, though...just to be safe....don't know which days people are coming for.

@Cash-Moneey: yeah. I was mainly asking for directors of everything, but yes, we need help setting up TVs and rulesets...so that's perfect. thanks.

dookdigity

Smash Journeyman
I need a good teammate for both Melee & Brawl. More preferably Melee of course because that game is too good. To those who don't know me, I main Bowser & Mario in Melee. Although, I use a vast variety of characters for counterpicks during teams like Peach & Fox. For Brawl, I still main Bowser and I also main Lucario. My other Brawl characters are Ike, Dedede, and Mario.

So if anyone can help me out and let me know before online registration is over, that would kick a$$. By the way, if you're a good Marth player, that'll be even better because Marth is Bowser's best partner in teams for Melee lol. I could care less what character my would-be teammate uses for Brawl, but a Dedede would be nice since thats one of Bowser's best partners lol.

It'll take me a while to see whats been posted and write back since I'll be at work most of the day, so please contact me through here and AIM. My AIM screen name is DJ Nintendo05. Thanks my peoplez.
I already have a partner but you know I would totally team up with you. Should be cool to finally meet you in person.

PS anyone know of any cheap hotels that are nearby?

Mr. Pants

Smash Apprentice
are there a limited number of spots in the tourney? i'm not 100% sure i'll make it there so i'm planning to register on site, but if there are a limited number of spots i'll just register online and make sure i find a way there

gallax

Smash Hero
hey guys. i already offered to bring 3 tv's but i was completely ignored. if you want the tv's then pm me cuz this is the last time i am offereing them.

Mr. Pants

Smash Apprentice
are there a limited number of spots in the tourney? i'm not 100% sure i'll make it there so i'm planning to register on site, but if there are a limited number of spots i'll just register online and make sure i find a way there
sooooooooo what's the deal? limited spots... or no?

festizzio

Smash Champion
Im signing up later today, though the credit card might not go through till tomorrow? Is that okay?
The way credit cards work is, they pay the sum instantly, but it won't show up on your account for a day or two. So my guess would be it doesn't matter to frames.

C@sH Mooney

Smash Master
so far, Tournament Directors are

Frames
Fenrir (mainly Brawl days, since I'm working until like 6 on T and F)
Rx- and BossMagnet
QDVS (Melee days)
Zig-Zag!
Raistlin
Apollo + the power strip hookup. yayuhz
Exark
Dguy
Lobstah!!

this is good. really good. could take some more, though...just to be safe....don't know which days people are coming for.

@Cash-Moneey: yeah. I was mainly asking for directors of everything, but yes, we need help setting up TVs and rulesets...so that's perfect. thanks.
God **** you Darrel, my last name has two OO's. TWO!!

So that means you DO want me to be a rule nazi?

Frames

DI
cash mooney can't help...

cash MONEY can!! :D (yes you may help cash, ty) lol

@Mr. pants, there are limited spots, 500 to be exact, but we won't fill that up, so register away!

@Zigzag, yea that's ok, as long as i get the payment, it's all good

@HRNUT, dude i have no idea why that's happening to you, hopefully you can get it to work, I would just say keep trying, what exactly is the weird **** happening?

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
PS anyone know of any cheap hotels that are nearby?
Um...a LOT of people around are offering housing...so that = cheaper than hotels...other than that, google that ish

Hello, wierd **** happening, site is not allowing me to sign up...dont wanna pay extra, rx- frames, help please??
This is interesting. : / what is the site doing/saying to you?

Registration is completely unlimited...just, the fee goes up if you don't reg online. But yeah, you're safe.

hey guys. i already offered to bring 3 tv's but i was completely ignored. if you want the tv's then pm me cuz this is the last time i am offereing them.
Please, please, please bring them. wow thank you. : D

Im signing up later today, though the credit card might not go through till tomorrow? Is that okay?
That's fine. it just judges the time of signup

God **** you Darrel, my last name has two OO's. TWO!!

So that means you DO want me to be a rule nazi?
Sorry Cash Monneyy
if you wanna run around and put the official rules on the tvs, be my guest, yeah. saves time.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
EDIT: nvmd, i just saw Frames' post.

if you can't register by the deadline because of a site malfunction, just say that you are going %100 percent, and describe the problem that the site is giving you.

We will mark you as registered and assign you to pools, and we will alert you when the problem is fixed.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
IT's funny how everyone that isn't getting housing from a smasher just now is looking for a hotel. 8 days HYPE!!

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
Me and BossMagnet were trying to be able to house people, but that option didn't work out.

As it stands, we are housing: QDVS and RockCrock, and NoJ.

QDVS and Rock are only going to be there for the Melee days, so theoretically, we can house two more IF and ONLY IF those two are only going to be there for the Brawl days(IE need housing Saturday/Sunday night)

Also, neither of you can main MK!!! :):)

jk

But contact me, and I will pick your names out of a hat or something. Don't forget this would only be housing for Saturday/Sunday, I am already full for Thursday/Friday.

hungrybox

Smash Legend
Orlando, FL (walking distance from the Loop)

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
Dannnnngg Hungryboxxxx Way To Hold It Downwnnnwn

You Are Awesomeeeeeee!!!!!!!

Tell Your Mom I Love Her

(caps)

Top Bottom