• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FAST 1 - Orlando, FL - Jul 17-20, 08 Thanks to everyone who came!!

CaptainCrunch

Smash Ace
What he said.

Also, post if you can bring power strips and extension cords, i need about 20 strips and 600 feet of cord!!!

AND REGISTER!!
There should be a lot more FL peeps registered, idk what you guys are doing, but you need to get it together, we haven't had an OOS tournament since MLG 05, and this is why! No wonder OOS regions joke about FL, we can't do nothin right! I want this to be a great tournament, but right now things look like ****, we have 12 teams for melee doubles!

So yea, fix it.
Power strips I can bring about 6 from a science project a while back.
I'm trying to register but I'm waiting for a paycheck, if I don't get paid today my dad'll pay for it.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
hey is there a team partner thread (MELEE)?

yo Atlantic north who else is goin??

if yo if u wanna team with me PM me.

under these conditions I will not need a parnter:

scar comes to this.
eggm decides to team with me.

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
lol NoJ, its all love baby!!
but I can't argue with you that you are def one of the best in the country.
curious as to which GnW will place the highest at this tourney.

Eggm

Smash Hero
swift just edit your post were teaming also let's team at the tunes biweekly Saturday for practice I'll enter us if ur low on cash also I'd you don't have work u van stay with me till Wednesday

Matt2

Smash Cadet
any body driving from around PA? I can pay for gas as possibly provide a place to crash

my bro has a place in orlando

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
BIG UPDATE GUYS

Yes, I am back in the business of this tourney. I had to take a little while to kinda take care of my life...sorry for that.

From the start of this tourney planning, Frames was the original mastermind, and I was the detail guy. So once a venue was found and things started rolling I had to take a bit of time off from it. ANYWAYS...that's certainly too much about me.

Now, I have a few things I have to say here.

FIRST AND FOREMOST, time is going to be an IMPORTANT issue at this tournament.
Whereas we, as tournament directors, do NOT want to have to DQ anybody there...we, unfortunately, will have to apply some sort of ruling to this. It is IMPORTANT that people stay around the hosts and matchups and pay attention to the calling of matches. Of course, we're not going to DQ you for going to the restroom or anything, so don't worry. We are very reasonable here...just don't go off to lunch in the middle without at least talking to the directors first. We will be starting this basically when we say we will be starting this. This means get here in time. This is very, very important.

Secondly, and related to #1....We want as many setups as possible.
This means TVs....this means Wiis and Cubes...this means copies of Smash. Of course OOSers have a hard time with this, so I'm appealing to EVERYBODY IN FL here. If you can bring a setup, please, please do so. I will love you forever. If you want, you will be allowed to leave the setups at the venue. They have lots of valuable equipment, themselves, so they do have good security. If for whatever reason, you are not comfortable with that, you can bring it whatever days you come. ANYTHING YOU CAN DO is much appreciated. : ) As said in threads before. No Smasher should be without their copy of Smash. be sure to put your name on it. We will be doing an equipment registration sheet. no equipment comes in or leaves without a director knowing about it. This is just for the security of your setups.

Third, we also need extra equipment.
I'm talking about lots of surge protectors, TVs, some tables, and some chairs. Of course we can rent the stuff, but if anybody around here has a good hookup for this, let me know in either a PM or over AIM at tmeleeguy.

Fourth, I know there are some very creative people on these boards here...
There are a LOT of nooby smashers in Orlando. Our first Brawl tournament had nearly 200 people wanting to register, but was capped at 128. Therefore, if we can get fliers around town at places, it will lure all those "I'm the best of my friends" types of people to their first tournament. Many of them won't know about these boards, so we need a flier to get the word out there. Anybody can do this and email it to me...just pm me if you are interested in making one for this...it would greatly help us. The flier needs to include the Venue location and time (Of course) as well as the two highlight games LISTED on it... I'll be printing these out, so please don't waste TOO much ink on it. : ) ...you guys know what's cool....if somebody could handle this, I'd really appreciate it.

Lastly, Frames is the big header for this tourney...
...however, EVERYBODY is messaging him about everything. Since I am back on this, you can just AIM me instead at tmeleeguy. This will just alleviate pressure on him...as he's got a lot going on here... so yeah.

And that's pretty much it...

Can you believe this is going to happen in 9 days? HYPE HYPE!!

Life After Death

Smash Champion
fenrir let me show you how its done. BRING TVS!!!!! now just do this after every post and I garantee you will get more tvs. I did this for 3 tourneys and we got more than enouggh tvs

QDVS

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well my concern now is Frames told me he doesn't have money to rent stuff...so my question is where are you guys gonna get the tables, chairs, power strips, etc.???

I'll bring what I can, but I don't think I can bring any chairs/tables!!!

:colorful:

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Just have faith. Kevin has been very negative about certain things...but we're sitting kinda pretty. There are issues, yeah, but honestly, we're doing really well here.. The venue has some equipment. I'm just saying, if people have hookups with rental places, which really wouldn't surprise me...that'd be cool.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Hence my wanting to post just how important it is that people care enough to bring stuff this time. And not just a "BRING TVS!" type thing...

It's important that people do. more TVs will of course make the tourney run smoother and faster...and allow for more events. so anybody who can bring a setup should bring one.

Matt2

Smash Cadet
Hey I am 100% ready to attend the tourney just purchased my plane ticket as well as my brawl-singles registration :: however :: i am looking for a BRAWL-doubles partner, if anyone is interested please pm me or message me thru AIM ~ Blink182tom3

thanks,
Matt2

Frames

DI
Just have faith. Kevin has been very negative about certain things
It's not that I'm negative, it's the truth, we don't have money for this stuff, I owe people a lot of money and I have commitments to them that need to be made. Obviously if things work out that's great, but that's just how it is sometimes.

Sworddancer9034

Smash Apprentice
Okay, at the last tournament I went to there was over 70 people there. This was just a statewide tournament. Now for this is a country wide tournament so far only about 45 people are registered. I know there should be at least another 40 Fl smashers registered by now! No Johns, people, register! I will give a big sloppy wet man kiss to everyone who registers on time after this post (unless, of coarse, you prefer to pass up my wonderous offer, in which cass, I'll simply shake your hand and say "Hey, thanks for registering on time.")!

Also I can bring a single power strip, a single cord extension (that's about 75 feet I think), some fold out chiars, and maybe a fold out table.

Finally I might not be able to bring a setup on the 18th because my Melee disc is not working anymore. It simply has to many scratches on it. I guess that's what I get of 6+ years of disc abuse. So yeah I might not be able to replace it on time (as well as reunlock all of the hidden characters and stages). Though I'll probabaly be able to do it on time.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
71. Marin
72. Zoro
73. uuaa
74. bluray
75. at&t
76. kyon
77. vericz
78. legion
79. action *******

WATO needs to register!!!!!!!!!

Marin.

Smash Journeyman
71. Marin
72. Zoro
73. uuaa
74. bluray
75. at&t
76. kyon
77. vericz
78. legion
79. action *******

WATO needs to register!!!!!!!!!
ahhhh i want to but i dont know who im going to team with for brawl

or if i should even do brawl Doubles, its kinda gay........

Dont worry Rx, i will register by tomorrow ;)
and i will pressure fellow Wato memember to do the same

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I'm probably going to regret asking this, but due to my ignorance.... Do any of you guys know if there are going to be any tournies held out like near Fort Walton Beach? I heading over there in 3 days and I was curious to see if there would be any near by, if there's not that's ok because I'm going to one the day I get home.

hungrybox

Smash Legend
Orlando, FL (walking distance from the Loop)
Ok, maybe not ALL of these people are coming for sure, but they've expressed interest, which is a start!

IF THEY DID, however, here's the estimated total pot size @ 60 dollars a person (assuming everyone pays for all events):

$2,400, to be distributed among 4 events.

lol, cmon people, register already

Raistlin

Smash Lord
It is kinda perplexing tho....

I wonder why people aren't registering

If we just got a solid 200 this tourney would be kick-arse

LOL if people jsut decide to pay at the door, $15 more bux XD
The same thing was happening with Pound 3, and then like 150 people registered on the last two days or something ridiculous like that.

Chess Money matches anyone!
You need to play Harriettheguy

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I might need a Melee teammate >_>.

Top Bottom