• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Falco Q&A

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
lol, mine too, I'm such a usmash idiot. PC and I get flustered doing Falco v Falco combos sometimes and just usmash at like 30% which leads to nothing, but it doesn't matter cause usmash is so ****. Like, shine -> waveland on platform -> usmash.... RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPE

it looks too cool not to do :p

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
only at certain %s

<_<

>_>

I have this **** combo for my combo vid on Reno's fox where I hit him with utilt -> usmash -> dash JC usmash -> Shine -> DJ waveland on high platform (on PS Forest transform) -> fsmash..... raaaaaape it's my favorite cause it has 2 usmashes.

MaNg0

Smash Hero
LOL thats pretty ****

while im in philly

u better visit

since ur not going

2 spoc =(

and lol i got ec people saying

raaaaaape

good stuff

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
the only reason I say it so much now is cause Scar visited for pretty much all of last weekend and he said it so much that I couldn't help it T_T... Then we got Cort and Budai saying it.... it's like a virus, lol

<_<

>_>

raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaape

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
Yeah, in one weekend with the Philly guys when we went to Pittsburgh, we got Mogwai saying Oh Girl and lil peesha **** pretty non stop.

We also abused the Chibo 'hold thtock' voice.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
the modern adaptation of that voice that Scar does, where it gets really desperate and whiny is unbelievably hilarious to me.

I believe I had been saying Oh Girl long before that the Stashes, and I believe I had even coined "What the Girl?" before stash 1. I might be wrong though.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
the modern adaptation of that voice that Scar does, where it gets really desperate and whiny is unbelievably hilarious to me.

I believe I had been saying Oh Girl long before that the Stashes, and I believe I had even coined "What the Girl?" before stash 1. I might be wrong though.
You definitely expanded oh girl in new ways. "What the girl?" being an excellent example. I do remember you telling me about its spread in Pittsburgh.

OHMYGODTHATWASALMOSTACLASSICSLAMDUNK.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
So Professor Mogwai. We need a Miniboss smashfest soon. When is the next time you are visiting Philly? When is a grood weekend to come visit you?

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I wanted to do a fest on the 11th, but I think Milos was planning on having one then, so I didn't really wanna steal his thunder... I dunno, I'm hoping on seeing Maria on the weekend of the 4th and am going to Pittsburgh on the weekend of the 18th, but other than those, I don't think I have anything on for this weekend or weekends in April.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
I wanted to do a fest on the 11th, but I think Milos was planning on having one then, so I didn't really wanna steal his thunder... I dunno, I'm hoping on seeing Maria on the weekend of the 4th and am going to Pittsburgh on the weekend of the 18th, but other than those, I don't think I have anything on for this weekend or weekends in April.
The 11th is good for me cause I have a 9:30AM soccer game. I can leave from NE Philly to your place or Milos'. Grab a shower and smash the night away. I could probably get one or both of Scar and Cactus to go.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
shine waveland is just generically very useful and lets you take combos much further than you can without it. I'd say that it's generally at its best vs. fast fallers, but I've used it against everyone for tech chasing them on a platform if nothing else.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
i love how shiz uses fsmash but idk when he uses it but it's pretty obvious it's not random, i dunno at a glance he seems to use it when he is near someones shield and when they expect him to laser he fsmashes, i honestly dont know but i dont use it enough

Sengin

Smash Ace
Thanks for the info and time put into helping the community Mogwai.

I do have a question though. As we all know, Falco's shine reduces horizontal and vertical momentum. So say you, as falco, gets hit, hard. You get hit pretty far, where you're uncertain you are going to make it back. You have 2 options: a)jump to pick back up momentum towards the stage and up-b/forward b back, or b)you shine, jump cancel it, and commence recovering. My question is this: if you are still moving backwards when you shine, will shining help you? If it does, it seems to be a small amount, but I haven't had much chance to test it. I've seen some people do it and some people not, so I was curious to know if it actually has any merit.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I always shine in that style situation, but I couldn't tell you if it really helps, but it certainly doesn't seem to hurt to shine.

Also, if they have time to get to an edgehog, just shoot lasers instead of recovering since they usually will be WDing to the edge instead of dodging lasers.

Sengin

Smash Ace
Yeah, but if you shoot a laser that would hit an opponent near the edge you guaruntee your death. Sure, you'd likely get 1-3%, but I wouldn't sacrifice a stock for that measly amount if there's a chance I'll make it back.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
Yeah, but if you shoot a laser that would hit an opponent near the edge you guaruntee your death. Sure, you'd likely get 1-3%, but I wouldn't sacrifice a stock for that measly amount if there's a chance I'll make it back.
Yea, I just meant in situations where you get hit way the **** out there and can only recover by barely getting the ledge. Clearly if you have options for recovery, they are preferable to a couple %s.

does anyone know how much stun a laser hit does?
not a lot

and what you cant do in that time?
it's too situational to answer this. so much depends on when the laser hit and when you landed and whether your opponent was standing, on the ground or in the air. I just feel it out and I think that's what most Falcos do.

JonaDiaper

Smash Champion
well the hitstun is enough for someone to get hit with both lasers from a lhdl right? without being able to block the second one if they got hit with the first one

pockyD

Smash Legend
well the hitstun is enough for someone to get hit with both lasers from a lhdl right? without being able to block the second one if they got hit with the first one
let me get this straight; you think falco's standing laser would be an infinite? :laugh:

this ain't barlw

ICEDTEA1325

Smash Apprentice
how does dashizwiz jump out of shine so fast? does he use x, y or up on control stick? because i have been practicing with all of them to be faster and it has been working but i am sitll not as fast as him(i know i probably will never be just want to know how he does it).

Proverbs

Smash Lord
Not about teams, just curious about something. Other day I was playing and was just messing around and noticed that you can edgehog by using FireBird horizontally along the ground if you space it right. Has anyone ever tried using this to edgehog when they're being really flashy/stupid?

Just curious ;3

Top Bottom