• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Falco Q&A

Binx

Smash Master
Stuff about dash dancing, then more stuff about double shines
That's exactly how I feel about dash dancing with falco, its really just to throw off the timing of your approach so it isn't predictable, rather than being an approach in itself like it is for Marth/Fox.

Double shining is also really useful against spacies that crouch cancel the first one.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Double shining is also really useful against spacies that crouch cancel the first one.
you can cc the shine?
Yea, at low %s, spacies can CC the shine which puts them on the ground. If you double shine, it hits them with the 2nd shine which they can't cc cause they're on the ground, so you get your combo anyway >=)

pockyD

Smash Legend
oh so you mean they go into the failed tech thing?

yeah that's what i thought happened, it's just not what i associate with a "successful" cc

Binx

Smash Master
I've never seen anyone tech it, I've just seen them fall over, however if you double jump after that they can stand up and shield or roll away and it interrupts the combo, double shining prevents this as well as covering their shield options.

Eggm

Smash Hero
Every time I've double shined a crouching opponent it ended up being like I shined them just once while they weren't CCing.

Eggm

Smash Hero
Eh I've done it like over 10x in my smash career or more and they've never teched I think it is really hard to tech a 1 frame move that hits you straight up even if you CC. Its like teching foxes up smash but with even less warning. It might not even be possible except for by luck lol.

TheKneeOfJustice

Smash Lord
Eh I've done it like over 10x in my smash career or more and they've never teched I think it is really hard to tech a 1 frame move that hits you straight up even if you CC. Its like teching foxes up smash but with even less warning. It might not even be possible except for by luck lol.
It's good because it allows you to remain on the offensive against players trying to abuse crouch cancel options. That and you get to keep comboing them =D.

Binx

Smash Master
Plus its really cool looking, the more cool looking combos you do the more scared people get lol.

But seriously I was double shining my friend all dai yesterday, its wrecks.

unreon

Smash Ace
Quick newbie question.

How did you guys learn to JC Shine on the ground? Also on a related note, how do you Shine right out of a shield?

I think these two are the biggest weaknesses in my falco game, so any help from the students of Mogwai's Falco School would be helpful =)

(or even the tutor of Falco School)

=)

noodles

Smash Champion
to shine out of the shield, you just jc shine lol. since you cancel your shield when you jump. to jc on the ground, its just a matter of doing it fast enough. i use x to jump so its hard for me. what i do was use y and slide it down to the b button right after. its what i do for double lasers with fox also

Da Shuffla

Smash Lord
For the JC shine, I just hit B with the center of my thumb, hit Y with the tip, and then drag down to hit B again for the double shine.

soap

Smash Hero
Quick newbie question.

How did you guys learn to JC Shine on the ground? Also on a related note, how do you Shine right out of a shield?

I think these two are the biggest weaknesses in my falco game, so any help from the students of Mogwai's Falco School would be helpful =)

(or even the tutor of Falco School)

=)
i find it more useful to shine slightly off the ground. U can cancel it quicker with a one frame double jump

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
but but but...then you cant waveshine out of shiled and be uber flashy :D

IrArby

Smash Ace
Assuming your now aerial shine didn't hit for whatever reason, you can still jump and come down with an aerial. Not a bad position but both ways have their positivies/negatives.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
bleh, I tried to not post today so that I could save my 3000th post for it, but I'm weak and failed. I'll probably post them on Friday night since I get to play with Chewman, Cort and PC tonight. Be jealous.

My browser locked McFox's browser in a locker once.

Top Bottom