• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falco mainers, who are your secondaries?

Mith_

Smash Champion
Well my main isn't really Falco (it is Donkey Kong), but I wanna know who you all second.

As you can see from my sig my mains are :dk2: :falco: and :dedede:. If Falco was my main I wonder who would be a good counterpick for his bad matchups (G&W, besides MK obv.) I really don't have a counterpick for my DK i just main who I like the most.

Ok well who do you second?

MK serves as my main/secondary. I have a thing for liking chaingrabs, so I'm learning to use King Dedede or Ice Climbers to take the place of MK.

J4pu

Smash Champion
I 2nd Marth and 3rd DDD atm but it's only been recently and none have come into my tournament play yet b/c atm I feel I'm best against any character with Falco.

tGwarr10r

Smash Apprentice
I 2nd toon link and sheik, toon link seems to take care of game and watch pretty good for me, and against metaknight ill either stick it out with falco or use MK myself, as they're probably my best bets.

strider43

Smash Journeyman
main Falco and Falcon

so falcon I guess

I know how to play MK and Iceys though, probably better than my mains. I just feel more confident with falcon above all because of my experience with other smashers. I haven't played Falco as much as I have falcon.

Vlade

Social Outcast
My secondary is Game and Watch, only because I enjoy his aerial playstyle. I usually only use him in a tournament when i'm up against MK and it's the opponent's counterpick - generally good MK stages are good GW stages.

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
I secondary/also main Snake. Snake takes care of GaW no problem, plus he's REALLY fun to play and a powerhouse as well.

Between the two, the only character I don't have a great answer to is ROB...

Mith_

Smash Champion
I really wish I could play well as Snake. I guess I just never gave it a shot. He is really good and can counter G&W (I know this first hand, when I mained G&W i got ***** by Snake all the time no homo).

GreatFalco

Smash Apprentice
Marth is my secondary since Melee. I don't play him as a counterpick though, I like Marth. Anyway, it does the trick.

Actually I use a bunch of characters, about 10, but I think Marth is the best of them.

ZeroFox

Smash Lord
My main isn't actually Falco...

But I would consider myself to have 4 mains (Meta Knight, Wolf, Fox, Falco). Falco is the most recent, and thus needs a bit of work before he gets up to the level of my other 3.

Sage07

Smash Apprentice
My main use to be Mario, but decided to give Falco a chance , and for my second got to give it to Lucario.

XxBlackxX

Smash Ace
i second marth because i like how he plays and he also takes care of GnW. my other secondary right now is Snake but im trying to get better with the ICs.

Blad01

Smash Lord
Falco for the first match, and for a lot of match-ups,
Sheik for Falco (don't like dittos that much :p), Marth, Peach (etc) on stages like BF, Starfox, Brinstar, Norfair.

Ganondorf against some G&W eventually, but more for low tier tournaments.

And that's all ^_^

JST

Smash Apprentice
I second G&W. He's the perfect character to use as a secondary because it only takes good spacing and playing to make him good.

Plus he handles my worst matches (Ice Climbers and Falco) nicely.

I guess I third MK. I just use him for fun tho.

Carbonated

Smash Cadet
Mine varies depending who I face. I use falco almost all the time, and pikachu as a second if they fall victom to 0% to 80% damage or I just don't like facing thewith falco. And if I hate using either against them then I usually pick GW or MK.

CELTiiC

Dong 2 Strong
NNID
TBGCELTiiC
3DS FC
3840-7097-4621
Ike, Ness, and Marth are my other mains, Fox and Dedede are secondaries.

XxBlackxX

Smash Ace
I main like half the roster, but G&W/Marth is the best secondary for falco.
haha me too. actually i usually play random in friendlies but when playing to win or playing in a tourny i use falco, marth, and snake. (in the order that i use them more frequently.)

§witch

Smash Lord
haha me too. actually i usually play random in friendlies but when playing to win or playing in a tourny i use falco, marth, and snake. (in the order that i use them more frequently.)
I can't hold a main for very long, I get bored wayyyyy too easily.

CELTiiC

Dong 2 Strong
NNID
TBGCELTiiC
3DS FC
3840-7097-4621
I can't hold a main for very long, I get bored wayyyyy too easily.
I have a different approach to that compared to you, I can stick with a few mains, but I find most of the characters who I don't main pretty boring.

§witch

Smash Lord
I have a different approach to that compared to you, I can stick with a few mains, but I find most of the characters who I don't main pretty boring.
I have the same 6-7 characters that take turns being my flavour of the week, but I'm constantly learning new characters.

CELTiiC

Dong 2 Strong
NNID
TBGCELTiiC
3DS FC
3840-7097-4621
I have the same 6-7 characters that take turns being my flavour of the week, but I'm constantly learning new characters.
Yeah, I understand. Surprisingly in Melee, I only had 3 mains. I had 2 to start Roy and DK through most of the game, and than I started Link late, I gave up on Link heading into Brawl though, and started Falco and Ness. ^_^

§witch

Smash Lord
Yeah, I understand. Surprisingly in Melee, I only had 3 mains. I had 2 to start Roy and DK through most of the game, and than I started Link late, I gave up on Link heading into Brawl though, and started Falco and Ness. ^_^
Melee was just...deeper, and therefore it was alot easier to hold a main.

XxBlackxX

Smash Ace
heh i find most of the characters fun and interesting (with a few exceptions...MK, falcon, and ike are the only ones i really cant stand). but some (pikachu, link, and samus for example) get boring after repeated use.

CELTiiC

Dong 2 Strong
NNID
TBGCELTiiC
3DS FC
3840-7097-4621
heh i find most of the characters fun and interesting (with a few exceptions...MK, falcon, and ike are the only ones i really cant stand). but some (pikachu, link, and samus for example) get boring after repeated use.
Yeah, I used to main Link, his strategy gets really boring to me as it does to you. I can really use only 9-10 characters, but once one gets boring I throw 'em out and find another one. So far, the only chars I enjoy using are my 6 mains (in sig) Snake, Lucas, R.O.B, and Mr. G&W, there may be a few that I haven't mentioned, but that's really it. That's just me though.

Denzi

Smash Master
then i started playing in tournies and realized i needed seconds if i actually wanted to win. lol.
Since I'm not much of a tourney goer, and I don't know much about certain matchups, I was just wondering: Does Kirby help with anything Falco can't handle? (I only use him becauseI like him)

XxBlackxX

Smash Ace
Since I'm not much of a tourney goer, and I don't know much about certain matchups, I was just wondering: Does Kirby help with anything Falco can't handle? (I only use him becauseI like him)
well...i havent checked kirby's good matchups so...i cant really help ya there. maybe check the kirby character boards. but i do know that marth and GnW (and of course MK >_>) are all good choices.

EDIT: of course, when chosing secondaries, it IS also kinda important to chose a character you like because you have to practice to get good with them and it will be boring if you hate their style.

Top Bottom