• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falco mainers, who are your secondaries?

Pearl Floatzel

Smash Apprentice
Since I'm not much of a tourney goer, and I don't know much about certain matchups, I was just wondering: Does Kirby help with anything Falco can't handle? (I only use him becauseI like him)
Kirby has the same G&W problems that Falco has.

I second Yoshi, Ness, Kirby, and CF.

eRonin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
eRonin
3DS FC
3969-5180-1975
I'm learning Captain Falcon right now. It's...so...hard...such a bad character all round. I don't think I need to explain why.
After fighting some stupid level 9 bots I thought I was ready to take on a human with my Captain Falcon and promptly got owned...*sigh*

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
I don't even main Falco lol:( But I second him though My main is Samus but people say my Falco is better but I just keep maining Samus just because she is awesome.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Pikachu, Kirby and Sheik most of the time, but Meta Knight always looms for the times I just get enraged by my opponent and lose all sense of honour and dignity.

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
Pikachu, Kirby and Sheik most of the time, but Meta Knight always looms for the times I just get enraged by my opponent and lose all sense of honour and dignity.
LOL!! That happends when my friend comes over 2 my house, I always beat him and theres one point when he gets tired of loosing and he picks MK or Wolf and Starts spamming and camping like a ***** with no dignity but I still win XP Falco Lazer owns all. Amen

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
LOL!! That happends when my friend comes over 2 my house, I always beat him and theres one point when he gets tired of loosing and he picks MK or Wolf and Starts spamming and camping like a ***** with no dignity but I still win XP Falco Lazer owns all. Amen
I can beat MK with Falco sometimes and Wolf isn't really that tough, the only time I resort to such underhanded tactics of using MK is when I face G&W, the bane of my existence.

Mith_

Smash Champion
I have problems with Wolf no matter who I pick, excluding Dedede. He is usually a tough matchup for me.

XxBlackxX

Smash Ace
I have problems with Wolf no matter who I pick, excluding Dedede. He is usually a tough matchup for me.

really? wolf is a good matchup for falco i think. falco outcamps wolf so shl and shdl a lot, when he approaches, try to shield grab. at least that's my strategy. cg works too.

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord

Wolf is easy just take him to the ledge and start camping don't let him get back to the stage and sometimes he will suicide thanks to his crap recovery

Mith_

Smash Champion
really? wolf is a good matchup for falco i think. falco outcamps wolf so shl and shdl a lot, when he approaches, try to shield grab. at least that's my strategy. cg works too.
Wolf's reflector screws me over, and he has more range than I do. The CG is the only thing I really have going for me lol.

@sMexy- a lot of people underestimate Wolf's recovery. Its not THAT bad. My friend likes to camp the ledge with his over+B and take advantage of his invincibility frames.

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
Wolf's reflector screws me over, and he has more range than I do. The CG is the only thing I really have going for me lol.

@sMexy- a lot of people underestimate Wolf's recovery. Its not THAT bad. My friend likes to camp the ledge with his over+B and take advantage of his invincibility frames.

Well its really bad all the Wolf's I play they always end up Up-b'ing into the wall of FD or getting stock under FD with they're Side-B or Up-B.

BEES

Smash Lord
I switched to Captain Falcon secondary. When you get good at him, the matches are fast and intense. I'm well aware of his tier status, and that's partly what motivated me to learn him.

CELTiiC

Dong 2 Strong
NNID
TBGCELTiiC
3DS FC
3840-7097-4621
my second is captain falcon. mainly because i have invented combos with him no one knows about (its not really a big deal, but it makes playing him more fun for me)
Yeah, that's sweet, but those combos are going to get revealed and than copied. Happened to me when I used to use Toon Link, some guy copied my combo.

AlexOFranco

Smash Rookie
Rob and Donkey Kong then Captain Falcon thrown in to balance out the fact that my mains turned to be pretty high on the tier list after I chose them.

Jinha44

Smash Cadet
mine its fox because when you play fox first je play fast then when you play falco you gonna play really good

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Haha I've added Fox to my secondary list just recently funnily enough.
Dash shine ftw! <--The only reason I use Fox =\

SilverLanayru

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SilverLanayru
3DS FC
1977-0801-2134
Switch FC
SW-1383-4892-7702
Falco is actually one of my secondary mains...my true main is Zelda/Sheik while my second overall-best main is Link/Toon Link. I have a lot of mains...but the top five I'm best with are the overall-best mains while the rest of my mains are secondaries.

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
my second is captain falcon. mainly because i have invented combos with him no one knows about (its not really a big deal, but it makes playing him more fun for me)
Falcon gets owned... badly... just shield grab all his attacks... He gets owned very bad.
A good Secondary for Falco is DDD and viceversa, they both take care of eachothers hard matchups.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Captain Falcon is just too sexy to leave out of one's secondary list.

Blue_Bomber

Smash Cadet
All my mains have very different playstyles, so I tend to fare badly when I switch it up mid-series. For instances I shieldgrab a lot with falco, and then when I try to play Link, for the first stock I'll do it again and be like "OH YEAH! I get PUNISHED for that!!"

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Youre wrong... Capt. Falcon is easily the best character in the game* hands down*
His manliness is just too great...
That's why you should never main him. His manliness is so broken. I mean, hes 99/1 against Metaknight after pumping his manly juices with this Down Taunt. Ok I need to stop now...

B0mbe1c

Smash Lord
I main ICs, but I second Falco. =P
Although ICs can take out anyone, I just cant resist dem laz0rz. ^__K

Top Bottom