• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~~ Falco General Discussion ~~

Status
Not open for further replies.
So liek Bleachigo is breaking the Falco Marth match-up everyday, with new mindgamez and Amazing tech skill. Today while Peirce and I were playing, I will admit, I was being amazing.

Go on the top of battlefield, double jump, firebird-up. Doing this allows you to receive 1%.

You're prolly thinking "What!? Marth can combo you on the way down!?"

Not. You are safe because you fall fast, and there are 3 platforms on which Marth has to guess to where you will fall on. You can drop through to add some "Legendary Bleachigo" in that.

With this, you avoid the 0-death. I am amazing.

Oh!Oh! The Legendary Bleachigo ***** Marth
Marth onTop platform + this tactic = instant tipper positioning

instant tipper positioning + KO percent = stock lost :)

Jon?

Smash Champion
Treat the matchup as if you were playing against ICs. Don't get grabbed! Especially with Falco's camping, you'll be able to force another move from Marth.

BleachigoZX

Smash Master
It's not a legit strat it was a joke. Never try it unless your me, I'm going to do this in tourny and have a vid up I swear!

Also is it safe to say "50:50"?

Anyway, I was wondering. The Fthrow > Spike against us. It happens at such a low percent that cannot we just cancel it with the 2nd jump and aim for a wall jump?

Denzi

Smash Master
Important to look out for?

Or important for us to try out?

I'd say both.

Edit: Read the thread, and if you're IAP ing in such a way that your opponent is able to use that and space you out, you either 1. are just doing it wrong or 2. haven't been getting punished enough. The same sort of spacing can be done with a regular pivot grab. One frame of shield doesn't suddenly make it a free grab or anything.

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
Hm, not sure if you guys tried it, but a short hop upair leads into a d-tilt. Like, no input needed.

Try it, a upair at the peak of the short hop, hit down on c-stick, and it'll turn into a d-tilt. No need to hold the Joy Stick down. It could beat airdodges, but I haven't tried it. Dunno if its known though, lul.

Notra

Smash Ace
@bleachigo. can we grab meta out of nado w/ this. i was playing lain's icee w/ mk for one match and he pivot grabbed me out of nado. this looks like a easier method for falco.

IrisKong

Smash Lord
@bleachigo. can we grab meta out of nado w/ this. i was playing lain's icee w/ mk for one match and he pivot grabbed me out of nado. this looks like a easier method for falco.

The pivot grab nado trick only works with very small characters, as far as I know, falco isnt one of them.

BleachigoZX

Smash Master
I'm pretty sure jumping or shielding is safer until I learn how to do this right, it feels to strict to counter that swirling priority ball >_>

I'm pretty sure jumping or shielding is safer until I learn how to do this right, it feels to strict to counter that swirling priority ball >_>
Those are safer methods to avoid getting hit by the Tornado, but it doesn't punish it. I'd like to punish it if I can. I've never actually tried this yet, but if it works, I'm going to use it.

BleachigoZX

Smash Master
Those fatass hit boxes are soooo decieving and last soooooo long.
Edit: I might finally get vids of myself this weekend!!! Yay rejoice for you will all see my smexyness1

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
Welcome.

If you got vids, add them to the WiFi thread. Or whenever you get them. :)

I'm the sexiest member voted by the Falco board on here. Enjoy my presence.

BleachigoZX

Smash Master
Nah, it was epic there was like 2 cg spikes the entire set. Mad people watching to see who was better. Too bad he won he game 3. I was like a smash attack from winning! I'll hopefully get him next time!

Denzi

Smash Master
Nah, it was epic there was like 2 cg spikes the entire set. Mad people watching to see who was better. Too bad he won he game 3. I was like a smash attack from winning! I'll hopefully get him next time!
Sounds fun then. I've had a few good Falco dittos myself.

They're hard to come by though.

i use red alot, im just not focused when i dont look at the color red...
I am guessing that the color red would also distract you. If I ever face you, I will remember to put a giant red - something - next to the TV. That way, you will look at the giant red thing instead of the TV lol

Jon?

Smash Champion
Just got back from a tourny. Single brackets were canceled due to very strict time restraints.

I went:
2-0 vs a G&W.
2-0 vs my state's best Snake
2-1 vs my state's best Wolf/ secondary MK
1-2 vs my state's best Diddy/secondary Marth. (zero to death was clutch)

My Cat Owns

Smash Apprentice
Gonna try to pick up Falco again. I never learned to SHDL (lol) because I like to be aggressive and not campy. So... Yeah might hang out here a bit :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom