• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~~ Falco General Discussion ~~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trouble with a match-up? I just change stages and/or characters. That doesn't work. Just use whoever did better. Still having problems? Just keep battling the person till you win and are satisfied. Or gave your best effort.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Trouble with a match-up? I just change stages and/or characters. That doesn't work. Just use whoever did better. Still having problems? Just keep battling the person till you win and are satisfied. Or gave your best effort.
Changing stage wont change the battle.
My alts might not have a good matchup

keep battling isn't always an option (i.e. you meet someone at a smashfest)

Changing stage wont change the battle.
My alts might not have a good matchup

keep battling isn't always an option (i.e. you meet someone at a smashfest)
I'm not referring to a tournament situation, I'm simply talking about someone you cannot beat period.

I'd only play like that when needed, but its fun for me iunno why lol
***In Velox's Mind*** {image of tennet} "Yop cannot hit me, but I can hit you! *evil laughter*"

My opinion of Tennet has changed dramatically o.o

Tennet

Smash Champion
Lol...

I use Falco for MK DDD and Snake so being gay is ok XD
Falco is really fun to play. I love usmash>bair then just lasering them XD

Tennet

Smash Champion
I like how I play falco for a short time and mine is already better then some kid's falco who used to play with me and my friends.

Mikha'el

Smash Cadet
This is kinda of topic but i was thinking that we or me should create a list of achievements or i guess "stages" to pass in order to rank each others Falcos. For example, you have to SHDL ten times in row in a match to be considered an above average Falco. Just stuff like that to compare mastery of our fighter. \ Yes i know this is kind of weird but id like to know how we all match up.

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
idk Full results.

but Ozz got 4th at Geasis.

Gnes and TheJerm split, Popertop got 3rd.

Ozz took out Quivo. He madddddddd gud.

Mikha'el

Smash Cadet

If you're only using it 10 times you're pretty much not Falcoing right.
Im not saying that thats what a requirement should be, that was just an example of how they would turn out. Like successfully pull off "X" amount of DACUS's or "X' amount of phantasm cancels.

Denzi

Smash Master
Im not saying that thats what a requirement should be, that was just an example of how they would turn out. Like successfully pull off "X" amount of DACUS's or "X' amount of phantasm cancels.
But they don't need to unless the situation calls for it. If there's no need for it and they don't do it they're not automatically a bad player.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Other people need you!

DarkWarCloud has opened up the Training Grounds. What this is is a place for new players to learn who plays what characters all in a simple thread so that they can contact said person to "teach" them the basics. As of right now, we only have a handful of "teachers" for a few characters and we need more! This is where you come in. Anyone who is skilled with your characters (any character) and has the free time to teach someone how to either: Teach the basics of the game in general and/or teach specific character(s), go in the thread and either post or PM DarkWarCloud with your information (Format is in the thread) where you may possibly be contacted by someone who wants to learn. The future of smash lies in your hands.

On the other hand, if you wish to learn, go to the thread also!

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=241698

SoupaSonic

Smash Journeyman
Hey can someone teach me how to DACUS correctly? I can barely ever hit it right. If someone can teach me I'd prefer that they'd also have Xbox Live so they can talk me through it.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Hey can someone teach me how to DACUS correctly? I can barely ever hit it right. If someone can teach me I'd prefer that they'd also have Xbox Live so they can talk me through it.
I suck at explaining things through text :p but I can help you know an easy way if you are trying to do it after cging to 30 + percent.

I dthrow then do a running dash attack by pressing forward, then dash. Right after pressing the dash attack I keep smashing the cstick upwards and it works 95% of the time.

That's an easy way out for that specific situation.

generalsmash

Smash Rookie
I honestly think that Falco's are too spammy.

When I use Falco (about once every 2 weeks) I pick his red outfit. He looks cool in red.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
So many of you Falco's take me to FD if I beat you...

Newsflash:

Yoshi's Island is your best neutral against Snake.

We can't crouch to avoid conflict.

/bans YI everytime vs Falco..... because Japes doesn't scare me. If I beat you game 1, you CP, I get to CP and **** you harder. so gg.

Jupz

Smash Master
I just always counterpick FD or JJ.

I'm getting a little better at phantasm canceling. Its wierd, because I'll stuff up like 4 or 5, then get 2 or 3 of the shortest cancel (what I'm trying to get). I got my best yesterday; 2 of the shortest cancels, then I screwed up one, then 5 more of the shortest cancels all in a row.

I can only seem to do it while recovering though, I suck at doing it while IAPing because my thumb is in a a different position.

Jon?

Smash Champion
I just always counterpick FD or JJ.

I'm getting a little better at phantasm canceling. Its wierd, because I'll stuff up like 4 or 5, then get 2 or 3 of the shortest cancel (what I'm trying to get). I got my best yesterday; 2 of the shortest cancels, then I screwed up one, then 5 more of the shortest cancels all in a row.

I can only seem to do it while recovering though, I suck at doing it while IAPing because my thumb is in a a different position.
I put my R button as jump to make IAP a whole lot easier and puts less stress on your thumb as well.

Jupz

Smash Master
I can do it fine with jump->side B, sometimes I actually press it too fast and he just does a normal side b. But I use classic controller and I use ZR as jump so I can IAP easily and with little effort. Its still hard to cancel for some reason (for me, anyway :p) :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom