• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~ Fairy Fountain Research Thread: buhbye ol' chum ~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
smash stick only causes tilts when you are already tilting.
Or rather like it causes tilts if you're already using an A move when you input C-stick command. It was the same in Melee (at least to some degree).

I guess it makes sense if you put it like that but it still annoys me to no end. That's why I learned to never smash with C-stick and only occasionally use it for aerials.

markopoleoh

Smash Cadet
first, I SHed, let out dins then I rotaded the joystick a certain way, kind of getting angry just rotating it very fast. when i landed dins kept going, and zelda wasnt in her shooting dins animation (the 1 when dins flies) she was in her standing animation. There was a hitbox that came out. also, i was spinning/randomly just rotating iin random directions both the c stick and control stick.i was getting frustrated, so i rotaded them a bit violently and fast. it only happened once, i could never recreate it again. like i said, i rotated both the c stick and dierection stick. dins didnt hit opponite due to it being far away from him (i was in the middle of the the stage.) but a hitbox did come out (where dins explodes)

all right. I will go more in depth:

zelda was approxomitly in the middle of battle feild, speed was sent to normal, no items were out, opponite was on other side, dins did not hit but a hitbox did come out. only changes to the controls were B was jump, X was special, the C stick was the same controls. nothing was changed other then controls, no springs no attacks,opponite was pikachu. if you need more information just ask.

zeldspazz

Smash Master
If we figure this out though, Zelda may have an approach option of SHDF into feet while dashing at them. :o
Which is why this is very important, plus she can edgeguard with multiple Dins. Some possibilities eh :)

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Good **** half-split!

I'm sorry you went through hell to get it up though! I'll update the OP with this.

So yeah this is it... an interesting setup into a bair. Of course it's situational, though it doesn't need the trip at later percents. Uair should hit as well but this can only be done on trip. Works on every dropthrough platform in the game.

I'll embed the video so it's easier to see:

<object width="500" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/31ADoaOeVBc&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/31ADoaOeVBc&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="315"></embed></object>

When you nair someone's shield on a platform and then land on it, pressing down on the C-Stick should buffer a dtilt that shield pokes. Also... if you're at dtilt lock percents, if the first dtilt doesn't trip, the second or third are much likelier to force a trip instead.
If the dtilt pops them up can the uair connect also?

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
No they'll be able to jump out. Try to catch them before pop-up percents.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
first, I SHed, let out dins then I rotaded the joystick a certain way, kind of getting angry just rotating it very fast. when i landed dins kept going, and zelda wasnt in her shooting dins animation (the 1 when dins flies) she was in her standing animation. There was a hitbox that came out. also, i was spinning/randomly just rotating iin random directions both the c stick and control stick.i was getting frustrated, so i rotaded them a bit violently and fast. it only happened once, i could never recreate it again. like i said, i rotated both the c stick and dierection stick. dins didnt hit opponite due to it being far away from him (i was in the middle of the the stage.) but a hitbox did come out (where dins explodes)

all right. I will go more in depth:

zelda was approxomitly in the middle of battle feild, speed was sent to normal, no items were out, opponite was on other side, dins did not hit but a hitbox did come out. only changes to the controls were B was jump, X was special, the C stick was the same controls. nothing was changed other then controls, no springs no attacks,opponite was pikachu. if you need more information just ask.

markopoleoh

Smash Cadet
hmmm, i am probably mistaken, but there isnt an explination on how or why it happened. until we can figure out what happened, there is no way telling if this is impossible or not.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
@mark: Din's.... always has cooldown when you land. It's unclear whether you get a little less cooldown or not (compared to just doing it while grounded), but there're still significant cooldown frames..... either you're mistaken or you found the one random magic frame that eliminates lag, lol.

Now, this is something unrelated that's been bothering me for a while.....

Sometimes after narrowly avoiding a move with Zelda by jumping, I get some weird vertical push..... kind of like the pushback effect that some moves have (TL's dair, Pit's WoI, etc.), but it's vertical. Like getting hit with the wind-only part of G&W's uair, but it's happened against a wide range of moves.

The most recent example I can think of is when I played my friend's MK.... he nado'd underneath me, but I jumped out of the way and got boosted pretty far up. It was on Battlefield, and I think I went from about the level of one of the lower platforms to a decent height above the upper platform..... much farther than Zelda's double jump should have taken me, and the momentum was..... floatier-looking?

It's also happened vs. Pika's nair for sure. Can't think of anything else in particular, because it happens so randomly, I'm usually caught off guard. ><

I'll try to get a replay, but I just wanted to know if it's happened to anyone else. Or if it's something well-known and I'm just being stupid. It's happened to me with Pikachu as well, but it's much more common with Zelda.... doesn't happen every match or anything, but it's been enough times that I know I'm not crazy.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Yea it happens all the time with me as well. I have no explanantion for it as it has happened to me with Sheik as well so I am inclined to think that it isn't just Zelda exckusive.

markopoleoh

Smash Cadet
@mark: Din's.... always has cooldown when you land. It's unclear whether you get a little less cooldown or not (compared to just doing it while grounded), but there're still significant cooldown frames..... either you're mistaken or you found the one random magic frame that eliminates lag, lol.
ya, i feel its pointless to keep going. soory guys. now i know not to go in training when testing so i can get a replay. if i find something else ill save it. soory :(

anyways, i have noticed that, but it isnt signifigant pushback when it happens to me, i dont feel it wouldnt be useful to other players. after all, probably have to barly even get her, like a bit closer then a whiff. i dont think the opponite could use this to there advantage.

XFadingNirvanaX

Smash Champion
I've noticed that too and been wondering if it can be used to your advantage like the wind from link's bommerang can be used. Or DDD's inhale.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I'm so confused... I've never noticed this :?
USE UR DOUBLE JUMP MOAR KATAEFI, GEEZ.

Nah, but seriously, it's not anything useful, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't seeing things..... multiple times, lol. Basically, if you jump out of the way of a whiffed attack, sometimes you get a vertical push upwards. It's not very practical, though, since the move seems to have to be pretty close to hitting you, and I'm not sure if it happens every time. Might be semi-random.

Anyways, now that I know other people've seen it, no need for a replay.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Are you sure it's not just a footstool during the opponent's attack frames where they don't enter tumbling animation?

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Uhh... if it's a phantom footstool, maybe, but the opponent doesn't ever stop their attack animation. It looks exactly like a regular double jump except floatier, and she goes farther. Other than that, nothing looks out of the ordinary.

Also, I'm pretty sure I'm not directly above them half the time. Sometimes the hitbox is coming in from the side when I jump out of the way.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
No it's not there is no contact whasoever with the opponent it just feels like your getting hit with G&W's uair.........except you're not playing against G&W.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
If you footstool someone during an attack, their attack animation is not interrupted.

Just an FYI.
Maybe it is a footstool, then. I dunno.

I just know that the ***** goes extra high when she jumps sometimes, lol. Footstool makes the most sense, but I really don't think I'm in the right position to be footstooling half the time. @.@

Oh well, like I said, it's not useful enough for me to really care about why it happens..... I was just curious to know if it was just me.

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
This happens to me a lot, and I am pretty sure its a footstool as well. I don't like it when it happens besides the inevitable "WEEE!" that comes from me, I am actually scared because I don't want to be up there...

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
You're just holding the jump button pressed down longer, that makes your double jump higher. (loljk)

Anyways, now that I know other people've seen it, no need for a replay.
If you have it on replay then why not? It certainly wouldn't hurt to figure out the reasons behind this.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
I always thought that you can footstool any part of their body during attack frames which is probably the cause of this - and this would also explain why you don't need to be near their head to get that extra height.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
If you have it on replay then why not? It certainly wouldn't hurt to figure out the reasons behind this.
Because it takes effort, haha. And I'm pretty sure we've found the answer.

I always thought that you can footstool any part of their body during attack frames which is probably the cause of this - and this would also explain why you don't need to be near their head to get that extra height.
Gotcha. It just looks so weird.... like footstooling off of nothing, lol, so it literally looks like Zelda just decided to fly for no reason.

Makes sense now that it happens more with her than Pika since my Pika... generally... fights more. Zelda's more skilled at running away, hehe. x.o

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Maybe this frame of mind is why her metagame doesnt get anywhere :laugh:
Footstooling off of attacks isn't gonna do much for Zelda, realistically. I've done it so many times, and random or not, the only thing it does is boost your jump higher..... it doesn't even interrupt their attack, so all you're doing is putting yourself higher above your opponent.

And Zelda doesn't like being in the air.

So, uh. Yeah. It's definitely not metagame-changing, lol.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Test the height you went, with a normal footstool. It should be the same.

It also happens a lot against MK's tornado if you mash jump to escape it. =p

@Marsulas
"Contact" doesn't really need to be made. When people are doing an attack, their hurtbox is extended (which is what you footstool) so you can footstool someone without being noticeably close to them. It happens a lot.

Question:
What happens if you footstool>transform? I'm assuming nothing special. :p but I've never tried it.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Well... nayru's is really the best benefit you'll get here, as you'll be able to intercept every attack done.

markopoleoh

Smash Cadet
ive noticed a slight bug, whenyou recover at the same time as someone with fyores wind, you get pushed away from the ledge. i have a replay but my wii isnt working. when i can get it saved on my SD card (through homebrew) ill use my friends wii and send 1 of you the replay. only has happened 2 times. has anyone else seen this? may be just glitch that barly happens but id like to know the cause.

zeldspazz

Smash Master
ive noticed a slight bug, whenyou recover at the same time as someone with fyores wind, you get pushed away from the ledge. i have a replay but my wii isnt working. when i can get it saved on my SD card (through homebrew) ill use my friends wii and send 1 of you the replay. only has happened 2 times. has anyone else seen this? may be just glitch that barly happens but id like to know the cause.
Was your opponent someone other than Zelda? It may just be a wind-push effect that some recoveries have like Sheik, Mr.Game and Watch (although his is like giving you bunny ears for jumping :p), Pit, etc.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
marko send me the video if you can as I'm having problems trying to picture everything

edit: it just sounds like you hit someone hanging on the ledge using FW and stole it from it them. You might be mistaking this for 'wind'...

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
Because it takes effort, haha. And I'm pretty sure we've found the answer.
Okay, explanation accepted... or is it? :evil:

Also, if marko's vid seems like it should be uploaded to YT I can take of that... you know the deal already lol.

markopoleoh

Smash Cadet
marko send me the video if you can as I'm having problems trying to picture everything

edit: it just sounds like you hit someone hanging on the ledge using FW and stole it from it them. You might be mistaking this for 'wind'...
no, i cant send a replay either as my wii is broken. ill try to discribe it again (i suck at this)

it was a 2v2 match, me, battletanx commander vs some other 2 people. i played as zelda, battletanx played as peach. other 2 people were mario and luigi. now, i used fyores wind as luigi tried to recover using fire punch, it teleported him away. i may have an answer, however. could be someething like the end of sheiks esplosion, but it teleported him out of bounds onto the left side of the screen. id send a replay but my wii broke (wont read discs :() so i cant send a replay.

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
I'm really sorry about the unrelativeness to the current topic but I think this should be made known:

Shield SDI. <= keep going down the posts until the youtube video, that's when it gets interesting.

The reason why this could be important is that if people learn to do it consistently Zelda would lose her one of her best spacing tools aka Fsmash. This is why I think we should monitor the situation.

I also wanted to mention that I've not forgotten that I promised to do a longer video of D-tilt=>Bair, things have just been piling up and I haven't had time to finish it yet.

@marko: Do you have the replay on the SD card?

zeldspazz

Smash Master
I'm really sorry about the unrelativeness to the current topic but I think this should be made known:

Shield SDI. <= keep going down the posts until the youtube video, that's when it gets interesting.

The reason why this could be important is that if people learn to do it consistently Zelda would lose her one of her best spacing tools aka Fsmash. This is why I think we should monitor the situation.

I also wanted to mention that I've not forgotten that I promised to do a longer video of D-tilt=>Bair, things have just been piling up and I haven't had time to finish it yet.

@marko: Do you have the replay on the SD card?
Well, you have to have pretty good reaction time to do that Id think, also just space Fsmash so that it doesnt multihit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom