• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FAILcon

Status
Not open for further replies.

/Jwnz\

Smash Cadet
I want to see a falcon win a national and I always get giddy when I see one make it as far as Hax did, but It never happens. Why can't a falcon as good as Hax win a tournament? is it the character or simply just the player? I'm beginning to think that there is no hope for the character.

Metal Reeper

Smash Champion
1. Because there is no Falcon as good as Hax.
2. It's mostly the character.
3. There is no hope for Falcon in the current metagame.

Beat!

Smash Master
1. Because there is no Falcon as good as Hax.
Um

Uh

I'm trying very hard to figure out what you really meant, but I honestly don't get it.

???????

Also, your 2 and 3 are nothing but opinions.

@OP
Neither Hax nor S2J are that close to the top 4/5 in terms of overall skill level, so it's hard to say at this point. I wouldn't rule out the possibility. He's a great character.

Warhawk

Smash Lord
2. It's mostly the character.
That's what people were saying about Peach it seems before Armada became dominant. Falcon's not that bad that it can't be done. S2J and Hax I'm pretty sure both think they can do it they just have to play on point/improve. Mango has also done some pretty amazing things with Falcon despite only playing a "character that can't win at top level" and as a secondary at that.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Shroomed does better than them with a worse character

Armada wins nationals with a worse character

We just haven't seen a good enough falcon yet.

Pr0jecT

Smash Ace
You will never see a falcon win because of TECHNICAL SPACIES TECHNICAL SPACIES TECHNICAL SPACIES TECHNICAL SPACIES TECHNICAL SPACIES TECHNICAL SPACIES TECHNICAL SPACIES TECHNICAL SPACIES TECHNICAL SPACIES TECHNICAL SPACIES TECHNICAL SPACIES TECHNICAL SPACIES TECHNICAL SPACIES TECHNICAL SPACIES TECHNICAL SPACIES TECHNICAL SPACIES TECHNICAL SPACIES TECHNICAL SPACIES TECHNICAL SPACIES TECHNICAL SPACIES TECHNICAL SPACIES TECHNICAL SPACIES TECHNICAL SPACIES TECHNICAL SPACIES TECHNICAL SPACIES TECHNICAL SPACIES TECHNICAL SPACIES TECHNICAL SPACIES TECHNICAL SPACIES TECHNICAL SPACIES TECHNICAL SPACIES TECHNICAL SPACIES TECHNICAL SPACIES TECHNICAL SPACIES TECHNICAL SPACIES TECHNICAL SPACIES TECHNICAL SPACIES TECHNICAL SPACIES TECHNICAL SPACIES TECHNICAL SPACIES TECHNICAL SPACIES TECHNICAL SPACIES TECHNICAL SPACIES TECHNICAL SPACIES TECHNICAL SPACIES TECHNICAL SPACIES TECHNICAL SPACIES TECHNICAL SPACIES TECHNICAL SPACIES TECHNICAL SPACIES TECHNICAL SPACIES TECHNICAL SPACIES TECHNICAL SPACIES TECHNICAL SPACIES TECHNICAL SPACIES TECHNICAL SPACIES TECHNICAL SPACIES TECHNICAL SPACIES TECHNICAL SPACIES TECHNICAL SPACIES TECHNICAL SPACIES TECHNICAL SPACIES TECHNICAL SPACIES TECHNICAL SPACIES TECHNICAL SPACIES TECHNICAL SPACIES TECHNICAL SPACIES TECHNICAL SPACIES TECHNICAL SPACIES TECHNICAL SPACIES TECHNICAL SPACIES TECHNICAL SPACIES TECHNICAL SPACIES TECHNICAL SPACIES TECHNICAL SPACIES TECHNICAL SPACIES TECHNICAL SPACIES TECHNICAL SPACIES TECHNICAL SPACIES TECHNICAL SPACIES TECHNICAL SPACIES TECHNICAL SPACIES TECHNICAL SPACIES TECHNICAL SPACIES TECHNICAL SPACIESTECHNICAL SPACIES TECHNICAL SPACIES TECHNICAL SPACIES TECHNICAL SPACIES TECHNICAL SPACIES

Mr Postman

Smash Journeyman
I think falcon is a hard character to be consistent with, it's not that he's bad he's just hard to play. The top falcon mains just aren't at the level of the other players yet, However, I think Hax is close.

Battlecow

Play to Win
o_O

you best be trollin bruh
What, peach is better than falcon now? OK, it's arguable, but I'm sure a number of people would say she's a step above. Sure. Even so... fox-peach is a bad MU by all accounts, and Armada wins it by being better. Falcon players can do that too.

Warhawk

Smash Lord
Mango's Falcon is better than Hax's?
No Hax is the best Falcon but if Mang0 can be as competitive as he was with Falcon back when he used him more despite him being a secondary then why shouldn't a Falcon main be able to win a national? I don't think Hax is that far off from competing for national wins either.

@Battlecow I would argue that Peach is definitely better than Falcon and has been for awhile. Falcon just wins the head-to-head matchup.

leffen

Smash Champion
The important part is that EVERYONE (well, a huge majority) thought falcon to be better than both Jigglypuff and Peach before Armada/Hbox/Mango came along. What's to say that we won't think falcon is much better once we get a falcon player as good as them?

Metal Reeper

Smash Champion
Um

Uh

I'm trying very hard to figure out what you really meant, but I honestly don't get it.

???????

Also, your 2 and 3 are nothing but opinions.

Hax is the best Falcon. The closest to him is S2J.
I just love to hate on how bad Falcon is lol.

Warhawk

Smash Lord
I think it's funny how the spacies are glued to the top 2 spots regardless of what results tell us. Just saiyan...
Why wouldn't they? Also, in terms of resultsI think it is more important to look at who makes brackett instead of who won/top 8 and spacies were all over the brackett (granted there are more spacie players total but still). Also what character would be better than them to uproot them from the top 2 spots? Sheik? Puff? The amount of Puffs that make brackett make people hesitant to put her over the spacies and Sheik... Well I think that Sheik has 3-4 negative matchups and I think that's simply enough to make the spacies better than her even if her negative matchups aren't too bad.

/Jwnz\

Smash Cadet
You're all sleeping on Young Link.

A Young Link won Apex 2012.
No, young link didn't win Apex 2012.

that's like saying Obama Killed Osama bin laden...

He himself didn't kill Osama but he did play an extremely miniscule role. The navy seals or w/e are the ones that did the killing.

Same thing with young link. He may have played a small role but 99% of it was done by peach. Young link Pretty much didn't do spit.

If you still don't understand:
Peach = navy seals; that did all the work.
Y.Link = Obama; who played a small role in the victory.

Biglard

Smash Journeyman
No, young link didn't win Apex 2012.

that's like saying Obama Killed Osama bin laden...

He himself didn't kill Osama but he did play an extremely miniscule role. The navy seals or w/e are the ones that did the killing.

Same thing with young link. He may have played a small role but 99% of it was done by peach. Young link Pretty much didn't do spit.

If you still don't understand:
Peach = navy seals; that did all the work.
Y.Link = Obama; who played a small role in the victory.
Man, that was just a joke.

(Your analogy is pretty interesting though (but comparing HBox to Osama is harsh (ok, I'm just going to stop talking)))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom