• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

EXTENNNDUURRRRRR (samus gen. disc.)

What are your favorite moves?

• Total voters

Pi

Smash Hero
lol i think this thread is as good as any to ask this...so

kirbykaze
what happen in your set vs. s2j? what through you off?
did you underestimate him or was he just countering some things that most other falcons dont?

Violence

Smash Lord
From what I remember, it just wasn't KK's day that day.

I watched some of his doubs matches, he seemed a little off, not as sharp as usual. So did Zac, to be honest.

Just wasn't a day for cute kids. They'll get em next time. I wanna see KirbyFat again sometime.

Your missile-aneous Samus puns are the bomb
lol.. yeah.. there have been some good ones... and there have beam some bad ones...
AIDS lived up to his name lol
haha yeah.
Not exactly sure what happened to AIDS but I hope he didn't die..... :/
lmao no
haha.. yeah i was just messin. i just saw you and aids was the first thing i thought of.

On a scale from 1 to 10 (1 being a noob and 10 being as good as Duck) how good was AIDS?
eh does it really matter (but what geist said)... and you with him too, eh?

*googles duck*

...oh i like this kid.

christmas list:

duck: combo video
pluplue: combo video
ihsb: combo video(s)

kthx

edit: 420 posts yeahhhhh

HugS™

Smash Lord
It's been a smash night for me. I was supposed to be studying for a big midterm on Monday that will determine my career prospects, but I chose to binge on smash videos and write-ups.

I really want to play sometimes, I just despise showing up to events without practice :(

Pi

Smash Hero
^ur status on apex?
been doing a lot of friendlies w/ plup, feel like i have somewhat of a decent grasp on the matchup, i'm sure both of us would like to play you

McNinja

Smash Ace
Ah funny stuff. Anyways back to Samus. What's the best thing to do after you spot dodge a grab with Samus? Or does the answer differ depending on your opponent?

:phone:

Pi

Smash Hero
whatever move you can, firstly land, and then combo out of
but barring all that, downsmash lol
always downsmash

honestly though, there are situations where you should jab, downsmash, dtilt, ub, or spot dodge again, maybe ftilt
all depends on what move did you spot dodge, what do you think the opponent is going to do, what CAN he do, how far away is he, his %

McNinja

Smash Ace
Yeah I kinda figured the answer would be more situational. But down smash is always a good option. Ill play around with it, thanks.

:phone:

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
I like how everyone ignored my ROM 4 Q... >:p Anyway, if you've just spot dodged a grab, I think the best choices are dsmash at high %'s and dtilt at low %'s. I believe dtilt comes out faster and sets up for combos, of course. At high %'s, you might as well go for the possible kill. Just my 2 cents...

Geist

Smash Master
Dtilt and Dsmash come out the same, Dsmash has less ending lag

I prefer dtilts unless they're at higher percents personally. Grabs if I know I can get away with them.

Geist

Smash Master
No I mean if you're fighting Link or some **** lol :p
But still, I'll bet if your spot dodge was timed to avoid a grab at the very end of its animation, that you could land a grab.

abcool

Smash Ace
Wow, watched wes vs mango friendlies and wes vs mango tourney...ohh man...brutal. I think he needs to come back to the boards. Hugs REALLY played Samus safe when he came out of retirement. Wes wasn't CC mango at all and got messed up so quick from Falcon's nairs.. I think those bombs should have been wavelanded or something, mango went in HARD. He probably did it as some sort of revenge for Hugs being trash talked lol. Can you guys post other things Wes did wrong...

abcool

Smash Ace
I didn't see the match, I imagine they were recorded though right?
Blahhh
I watched it on the live stream and i think they may have been recorded. Wes got 4 stocked match 1 of friendlies and mango sangbagged him match 2 of friendlies. In tourney Mango 4 stocked him in the 1st match and 3 stocked him i think the second one. He just played rush down and i mean upaired to knee him alot. Baited his Down b in the air and kneed him alot for doing it.

Mango visually showed the limitations of Samus. I was like WOW. Idk man. I wonder if Wes will still try with Samus after that showdown.

abcool

Smash Ace
he wouldn't be much of a competitor if he quit after getting the smackdown
I am not meaning like quit playing(Although i don't see vids of him at much recent tourneys) I mean like him still sticking with and using Samus in today's metagame.

If Samus had a decent Upsmash and better faster Fair do you think she would move up in the tier list?

HugS™

Smash Lord
Wow, watched wes vs mango friendlies and wes vs mango tourney...ohh man...brutal. I think he needs to come back to the boards. Hugs REALLY played Samus safe when he came out of retirement. Wes wasn't CC mango at all and got messed up so quick from Falcon's nairs.. I think those bombs should have been wavelanded or something, mango went in HARD. He probably did it as some sort of revenge for Hugs being trash talked lol. Can you guys post other things Wes did wrong...
LoL I told Wes that this is exactly what would happen to him if he played against Mango. We may have had a bet on it or something, I'll have to check.

Rat

Smash Lord
If Samus had a decent Upsmash and better faster Fair do you think she would move up in the tier list?
You don't like her Fair? It's super good. What's wrong with it?

But Upsmash, yeah I wish that move was useful.

Pi

Smash Hero
i'm doing extensive testing with aerial interrupting
i'd like to eventually phase out wavelanding on platforms in exchange for AI
and have it be my primary way of getting back onto the stage from the ledge
as of right now, both of these things seem within reach

abcool

Smash Ace
You don't like her Fair? It's super good. What's wrong with it?

But Upsmash, yeah I wish that move was useful.
The fair is good, but the guys in Project M said they adjusted something that might have been wrong with it in Melee. I never saw a problem with it personally.

@Hugs I knew it!!!! After seeing you and Mango talk alot of crap on FB lol i can see you guys making some sort of bet like that.

@3 Isn't wavelanding in place on a platform the same as AI in place on a platform?

DAlegendarysamus

Smash Lord
I suck!!!

Of course i was going to get ***** lol, I dont play against good players nor do I play the game much at all. I heard Mango was coming so i wanted to play him and asked to put me on him on my side of the bracket. He is a good player I knew i was going to get ***** i just wanted to see the amount of training i needed and didnt want to go to the tournament and not play people like mango. I know all the mistakes that i made but its been a VERY LONG TIME SINCE I PLAYED THIS GAME So my timing and tech skills SUCKS BALLS. The only way i will be a contender is if I have people around me to play with those characters (which i dont). But That's all im going to say So right now score is 1-0 mango. And no that didnt make me quit smash melee. That's not why i quit in the 1st place. I will try my best to see about getting the right people to train with but in New York its a dead zone for training. The only time you see people like HAx or Jman is tournament and half the time they play with eachother and bull****. Which doesnt make anyone better not even themselves. So until everyone wakes up I will continue to get ***** by mango and everyone else that is up to date in the smash community will continue to donate money to the top dogs foundation (M2k,hbox,drppp, mango, and armada). At least I got 9th place in the tournament after getting ***** lol. BUT I STILL SUCK *** THOUGH. AND ALSO FOR THOSE WHO WANT TO TAKE MY MONEY AT APEX SEND THE MMS PLEASE!!! I NEED THE TRAINING.

DAlegendarysamus

Smash Lord
Despite the Rapage I HAD A BLAST PLAYING IN TOURNAMENT AGAIN. I have a different mindset playing this game. I play to enjoy the game and have fun I dont care about the money anymore I already had my glory winning tons of money I just want to test my skills as a gamer playing with Samus. Why would i quit if I'm having fun with the game? LOL people have too much pride lol. Play for the challenge, for the fight!!! IT FEELS GOOD TO BE BACK!!!!

Top Bottom