• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

EXTENNNDUURRRRRR (samus gen. disc.)

What are your favorite moves?

• Total voters

Pi

Smash Hero
The fox still could not get to the marth.
If the marth perfect spaced his **** the fox would be shining at max range, effectively doing nothing.
The marth could PS all his lasers, nobody can hurt marth.

Lately I've been loving dair & fair.
Bair is mad sex too. Been using that to edge guard and kick falco's in the face when they SH.

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
thats the point of the majority. the more people that think its right pretty much makes it right.
majority rule is based on the assumption that the majority is at least decently informed, otherwise it's a joke
this is one of the inherent faults of democracy

anyways

i don't think i'm partial to any of her moves
i like all her moves :hipsmile:

Pluplue

Smash Ace
majority rule is based on the assumption that the majority is at least decently informed, otherwise it's a joke
this is one of the inherent faults of democracy

anyways

i don't think i'm partial to any of her moves
i like all her moves :hipsmile:
majority rule is based off multiple peoples experiences. it COULD BE WRONG yes thats a possibility but if there is a ten to one argument then I think the ten is almost always right.

Geist

Smash Master
Psh wrong and right are subjective. Majority can be wrong, but accepted truth and actual truth aren't mutually exclusive.

Plus none of this actually exists, haven't you guys seen the matrix?

THE RED SPARROW

Smash Lord
Lately I've been trying to push the envelope of my missile game, because imo missiles are A) unreliable on their own and B) are hard to follow up if your opponent knows their matchup.

Does anyone do missile shenanigans that you think no one else does?
For example I love hiding my missiles behind platforms, and I've never seen anyone
purposefully do it.

I know IHSB does that sexy wall jump > missile/charge beam. So I stole that.

EDIT: In reply to above topic:

yes.
I do Homing Missile Resets on opponents trying to stall on the ground into charge forward smash or grab.

Geist

Smash Master
LOL that's pretty cool.
The other day I hit someone into the ground with dair, and it occured to me I should follow up by missile cancelling in one direction, and grabbing in the other.
It worked. :D

Geist

Smash Master
My goal is to go to an OoC tourney this summer.
Even if that just means having to walk 5 minutes across the Niagra/ New York bridge.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
You're in Canada? Nice.

Nah man, BC is one of the top regions in the world. Then there's Cali and WA and sheeeit too.

WC > EC *****!
:p

Utilt is NOT Samus's best move by any means. Ftilt, Dsmash, Fsmash, Jab and UpB are better. Maybe throw Bombs, Dtilt, Nair and something else in there too lol.

Geist

Smash Master
Yeah I live in Ontario. Also arguably one of the world's top scenes. >:D
I SO want to see EC Canada vs WC Canada crew. That would be epic.

Uair is Samus's best move <3 Have you ever edgeguarded a Falco with Uair? It's awesome. They just drop.
Maybe Ftilt too.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
I'd rather see a Canada crew that includes more than 50% of the Canadian scene.
That has never happened, and it would probably be UNBEATABLE!!! :(

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
btw, BC isn't ARGUABLY one of the best regions. lol

Next to Cali and NY, it IS the best region in the world.
Some from WA/BC/Cali have said BC is ARGUABLY better than So-Cal/Nor-Cal, probably not together though.
o.O O.o
On a top 10 vs top 10 scale though. A top 5 we probably wouldn't be as strong, but really freakin close. XD
Our problem has always been depth. We can't have a PR cause after our top 3, 4-10 are dead even a lot of the time. :\

Geist

Smash Master
NJ and FL are up there too you know lol
If Quebec was part of Ontario we'd be better. :p

ALSO I found out EXACTLY why Samus whiffs grappling a ledge. In on of the first frames of the air grapple animation she extends her non-canon arm. If the stage comes into contact with her arm, the animation is cancelled completely. The distance is roughly the same as her first jab.
Not super useful, but I thought someone might want to know.

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
Define "whiffs grappling a ledge". Do you mean when she clearly should have sweetspotted with the grapple, but inexplicably just pulls herself up? Or when she goes into that "just airdodged" animation, but keeps her momentum from the rising grapple? Or when the grapple just doesn't grab anything (sometimes happens on Yoshi's Story when Randal gets in the way)?

Geist

Smash Master
Oh my bad. I couldn't really find a word that worked. I mean when she does into the 'airdodged' animation.
Link and YL have the same part of their Air grapple animation where they reach out with their sword hand. (But I've been able to space it with young link so that his hookshot makes contact, then he falls.)

I want to test more air grapple stuff, because lately a whole lot of wierd ****s been happening to me on Rainbow Cruise.

Uh, I guess on a side note: Link and YL can rising grapple too. But it's useless and doesn't go very high. Samus can probably do it just because of her air properties. Has anyone tried screw attacking in Tiny Melee? She shoots up out of screen lol.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
btw, BC isn't ARGUABLY one of the best regions. lol

Next to Cali and NY, it IS the best region in the world.
Some from WA/BC/Cali have said BC is ARGUABLY better than So-Cal/Nor-Cal, probably not together though.
That's some aggressive vocabulary you got there.

Pi

Smash Hero
Pretty happy w/ my performance @ CEO
Without my SD vs. Fullmetal I might have been able to pull out a win.
But alas. The past is past, had a great time

edgeluca

Smash Lord
NNID
Edgeluca
3DS FC
2879-0257-1267
Pretty happy w/ my performance @ CEO
Without my SD vs. Fullmetal I might have been able to pull out a win.
But alas. The past is past, had a great time
Good ****. You should come over to the west coast son!

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
KK, mmmmmhmmmmm :p

ihsb, they ain't on dah list ;]

Quetario together is tight :D

I have no idea where NJ and NY split or what's up with the player/skill difference. This isn't my opinion or thoughts on it since I really don't know crap about players/regions. This is just what I've heard and been told by everyone across WC and beyond. A few in BC too but most of us are busy in our own little world here so a lot of us don't know how good/bad we are without others going out and getting some or others coming here and leaving with nothing. lol

I've somehow, beyond my memory, become really good at ledge sweetspotting from all angles and all ways with the grapple. One day, I just did it and it was easy. No idea how that worked, but it's like I can't miss now LOL

Geist

Smash Master
That's happened to me a few times too. I practice something for hours, with no improvement, wake up next day, and do it like 100% lol

Ontario *****. We have Raynex.

Pi

Smash Hero
Get anything recorded?
Yes actually I believe my set with Rock Crock & Full metal got recorded
As well as SevenDeadlySins (luigi player)

Rockcrocks a beast, he like 2 or 3 stocked me on BF, but then I took platforms away and was able to put up a good fight.

You will see what I mean when I say ganon's edgeguard/gimp game is ridiculous.

Geist

Smash Master
lol I know Ganon has edgeguards don't worry.
I want to see your matches with Rockcrock. Did he go all Ganon on you though? I could have sworn he mained DK...

Pi

Smash Hero
lol I know Ganon has edgeguards don't worry.
I want to see your matches with Rockcrock. Did he go all Ganon on you though? I could have sworn he mained DK...
He does have a sick DK
But he went all ganon on me

Also
Plup is a beast. Better/smarter player than I for now. I was really impressed with his matches.
First round he had darkrain, lost 2-1 (side note, dark rain hates samus lol)
Said he beat a falco player, beat cyrain (cyrain is a beast), and ended up losing a close VERY close set to Plank's shiek.

Also chu dat wobbles. Constantly -.-

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
yesterday i was told i am a retardedly campy samus

i am proud

i am going for gayness

also touching back on ganon v samus

i think styles differences in the matchup might heavily impact it
i probably need more experience but for now that's what i think

Pi

Smash Hero
I'll be sure to link the matches here, any tips are totally welcome cause for the most part I'm at a loss.

Also
I hate samus dittos, I hate them, hate them hate them.
I'm going marth on any samus I face. Lol.

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
He does have a sick DK
But he went all ganon on me

Also
Plup is a beast. Better/smarter player than I for now. I was really impressed with his matches.
First round he had darkrain, lost 2-1 (side note, dark rain hates samus lol)
Said he beat a falco player, beat cyrain (cyrain is a beast), and ended up losing a close VERY close set to Plank's shiek.

Also chu dat wobbles. Constantly -.-
Oh wow, that's really impressive. I can't wait to see vids from this.
And Fullmetal played Desu, Alpha, and I quite a bit back in the day, so he's pretty experienced vs her. His Samus game was kinda rusty as of the last time I played him, but he has all those basics down that make it such a hard matchup. Good job keeping it close.

Pi

Smash Hero
Yea I noticed fullmetal wasn't surprised by some of my stuff

Recent match of KDJ's Samus vs. XYT Ganondorf

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzRCn2zzwCo

I'm starting to wonder.
Air dodge grapple vs. Falco laser spam?
Or even Vs. jiggs bair camping?
Does 4%
But it's still %, and if it's safe % that's always welcome.
And even moreso it seems like it could disrupt those playstyles, which would be great.
I'll be experimenting with this, ty KDJ.

I think falco could side B to trade, netting him 3 more %
But I doubt they would do that, and you could tech it since you were in the air, maybe punish him out of it if that happens

Top Bottom