• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ever Crashed a Taunt Party?

Atria

Smash Journeyman
I did actually. I just don't understand why people go online just to do such a thing. I usually just focus on whoever's taunting.

Seriously tho, why are people doing such a thing? Fun? I think not. At least, we have a different definition of fun...
I only go online and taunt if I'm sick of or bored from fighting. When I taunt online, I'm actually mocking random people because I know they can't get me. This is because they don't know how to space themselves properly and or they don't know the range of their moves which I think is funny cause they miss me most of the time. Also, I do this to teach myself how to evade/escape moves better. However, it's become a little TOO easy recently. Also, I find it boring how no one can touch me now. Zzzzzz.... So I don't do random battles anymore because those people can't attack me for **** whether if I try or not. -_- Well, there's one reason. However, I don't think that's the main reason why people do it. That's just the reason why I USED to taunt online.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I'm usually the guy start one. Then one guy always decides not to follow and ruins it. Then I falcon punch him.

Atria

Smash Journeyman
now whats the deal with crouching?
If a character's crouch sounds cool IMO eg. Kirby's and G&W's crouches, then I'll spam them along with taunts. Also, you're not as vulnerable crouching like you are taunting. Like if somebody has set their sights on you and want to maul you until you stop, you can escape much more quickly/easily if you are crouching and not taunting. Especially if someone tries to Falcon Punch you. ;) So that's one reason why people crouch too in conjunction with taunting. However, I only crouch for both of those above reasons. Probably other people may have a different reason why. But, those are two reasons why I do it.

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
Kirby crouch ftw.

And yes, I have crashed taunt parties. The first couple of times I was a newb at Smash games and had no clue what a taunt party was, and simply "wtf"'ed because nobody was fighting. Now I crash taunt parties because when I've been waiting 10 minutes to start a match and actually don't disconnect, I don't want to sit there and spam crouch with Kirby or shine stall endlessly with Fox; both are things you can do without going on to Wi-Fi...

mzink*

Smash Ace
Not really, I may get a few hits in just messing around with them. Or maybe a random kill.
Usually I just fool around when there's a taunt party goin on. Doesn't really bother me.

Jonas

Smash Champion
I entered a match and beat the hell out of everyone with Ganondorf :D
Well, I'm not too sure the two of them were actually looking for a fight, so I just went ahead and attacked Snake.

Thunder Of Zeus

*Rumble Rumble*
i crashed a taunt party once... i was falco and one guy had 0 damage (fd) so i pushed him away from the others and started taunting like the rest of em, then CG ---> spiked him... they all turned on me and i got pwnt, but it was worth it

Aki Izayoi

Smash Cadet
I crashed a taunt party couple of times.
One was when there were 2 other people decided to join my team, so we ***** the 4th player.
However those 2guys on my side, suck really bad, so I went betrayer!
So yeah won easily, killing my own buddy, *sigh* taunt party=priceless

Meccs

@Meccs_
nope. I usually just stay on the little platform at the bottom (Hyrule) and wait there. I like it when somebody else tries to come fight me and I then beat the crap outta them and it turns into a "fight for the little island place" battle. but with 4 people, that is not fun... I <3 that my island and will protect it with all I can...

It's kinda nice when somebody breaks a boring taunt party, though. 1 v 3 is always fun.

Volt7x

Smash Journeyman
I hate to say it but I had my worst loss against a person who didn't want to taunt spam today. This Meta Knight who was pretty good won a couple of times. At first I was fighting but I kept making stupid mistakes like badly timing Ganon's side-b to recover so that I get under the edge. So then me and the P2 stopped fighting and just started messing around. Eventually he got bored and started fighting. But him and P3 couldn't win. I fought a bit too but the problem is that I'm stupid and even if you fight, if you don't get any kills, your can't win and are giving free points to some guy. Since I couldn't really get kills quicker than the other two I just beat him up a bit but still gave him a point. P2 eventually got tired of losing and started beating up everyone. I got bored and sat back to show I didn't want to fight and for some reason he stopped attacking me. Then we got DC'ed. I didn't even remember to pick the hacked stages.
Just wondering, but do you guys use Meta Knight to wreck taunt parties? I didn't think he was overused to break up taunt parties too. Though usually we can defeat the Meta Knights. Dunno why we couldn't this time. He won 2/3 of the time but that still was enough for P2 to give up.
Reading over this makes me feel like a scrub. Oh well, I didn't like that P2 much anyways. The ironic thing about taunt spamming is I rarely even taunted even when we killed the Meta Knight unless it was epic.

EDIT: Wow. Wall of text.

Tim-Tim

Smash Cadet
yeah... i made a 'friend' once... was rly sad when i couldn't add him aftawards. FRIENDS ONLY CAUSE PAIN.... PAIN.... pain...
i found one of my 'friend' before
i seen him one day before and we played late it to the night..till we got DC'ed.
second time was like a day later.
he knew exactly what we were doing the day before.
it was epic.
haha he used the same char too...blue Yoshi. i used pink yoshi..i'm guessing he thought it was me so he did our little "routine" and i was like omgwtf..so yeah

...moral of the story:
you never know if the person you're pwning is one of your 'friends'.
;]

BubbleTea

Smash Apprentice
I hate when people do that. It's like...I know there is going to be lag, so trying to get some good competitive play is almost pointless. They don't last too long generally, so I join the fun. We can generally get others to join in as well.

I always think the people who fight the ones that taunt just think they are good, when really nothing is resisting them -_-;

Fat NISMO

Smash Cadet
I usually do that just for the hell of it lmfao
i always use kirby and swallow them and just jump off killing them including myself.
When i mostly try it many dont try to manage to get out.

Samus Aran X

Smash Cadet
Eugh I hate taunt parties. Especially if there are those annoying creatures like Peach and Wario and Sonic. They actually speak! How disgusting. I bought a game to go online to start a game where I play as if it were a game, not to see some pink pompous princess frivolously frolic around Final Destination. as if she can properly breathe and hum a happy tune.

Innocent fun? Two things wrong in that phrase. It's not innocent, it's guilty. Fun? it's boredom. It's guilty boredom, not innocent fun. I hate taunt parties. You say Basic Brawl is crap? Why even start up a game in the beginning? "There's no point of fighting lyk the serverszz suck manzz just join and and throw ur drezss up in da airr ayerrr!11!"

I Don't even use Basic Brawl for those reasons. Super Warios, Synch Codes, Taunt Parties. there all reasons why brawl shouldn't have been invented. I've crashed many. Most kept taunting, some whipped out a pan once or twice, but eventually fell to the depths of the stage. The End.

DemonFart

Smash Lord
wow u must be angry. I like wario and its hilarious when morons crash the taunt party Andget farted on.
that mustve been what happened to you LOL.

Samus Aran X

Smash Cadet
Obviously I'm angry. Taunt parties are so pointless. All they do is taunt for 2:00 minutes. Don't they have anything else to do like pick up dog crap or help an elderly grandma across a street? Seriously! Instead, these people are acting like 40 year olds trying to relive the "good-ole days" by playing as some pink bombarded tramp named after a hairy fruit. If they don't want to fight in the first place, why even go online? why even start up the game!? Why even purchase the game!?!?!!?! Just go to your friends house wearing a dress. Then you can have yuur little tea party and pull up your dresses and waggle your fingers side to side saying some perverted phrase like "you can't Peach me!"

DemonFart

Smash Lord
ha funny.really,if u get so mad then break it up and watch what happens.
Also,peach is not the only character used in taunt parties >_<

Samus Aran X

Smash Cadet
I know. She's just the one that annoys me the post. ^_^. What she says is.. intolerable. And sonic, too. urgh. I just hate when words come out of their mouths in that annoying voice with those annoying phrases "C'mon! You're too slow! la la la la la laaa"

SuperFudgeChoco

Smash Apprentice
I remember I was playing on Temple with everyone as Sonic and we all just spammed his "YOU'RE TOO SLOW!" taunt for a full 2 minutes. While I can see where this is a waste, sometimes it's just fun to waste a round with messing around. We had played like 8 matches together prior so it was like a nice break . And since Nintendo thought it'd be a great idea to not be able to friend people you meet randomly, nobody wanted to leave due to fear of getting a crappier game. Honestly I blame this on the fact we have things like Taunt Parties. Also if one bugs you that much, why wouldn't you just leave and join a new game?

chuckyj100

Smash Apprentice
I remember I was playing on Temple with everyone as Sonic and we all just spammed his "YOU'RE TOO SLOW!" taunt for a full 2 minutes. While I can see where this is a waste, sometimes it's just fun to waste a round with messing around. We had played like 8 matches together prior so it was like a nice break . And since Nintendo thought it'd be a great idea to not be able to friend people you meet randomly, nobody wanted to leave due to fear of getting a crappier game. Honestly I blame this on the fact we have things like Taunt Parties. Also if one bugs you that much, why wouldn't you just leave and join a new game?
wtf is wrong with your sig lol

NeonSonic

Smash Rookie
I just leave =\
I have no intention to watch my character act like an idiot, and I certainly don't want to get triple teamed.
If I'm bored or feeling like it, I have no problem just messing around with other people, though.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
i always crash a taunt party though sometimes they all team up against you which gets annonying

Top Bottom