• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ever Crashed a Taunt Party?

Maniclysane

Smash Lord
I love this thread.

"so I see these people finding creative ways play an unplayable online, so you know what i do? i beat them up cause I'm mr. internet tough guy!!1 Even if I loose to 'noobs' im still so pro. 4 player ffa with all items and 2min timer is too pro."

Tornadith

Smash Journeyman
*Sends Sundance _______________ on __________ Day,
I think that's kind of douchey to crash a taunt party. Like sometimes when I play friendlies with someone from smashboards, there will be lots of lag and we both realize that we can't do serious matches with this much lag so we just taunt and chill. But I hate it when the other guy just attacks when we're taunting.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
I've started to wait and see if more than 1 taunter is there, if so I usually go with the flow until I get bored, but if there's only one then the Brawl is on.

D

Deleted member

This thread is now a taunt party!
みんな、見ていてくれ!
みんな、見ていてくれ!
みんな、見ていてくれ!

Spoonbob

Smash Ace
In every online Brawl I've ever fought, I've never found a taunt party.

Spoonbob

Smash Ace
I've had a couple. I used to do online a lot before I ever played competitively, and they turn up a lot.
Yeah...I don't do online a whole lot. I'm one of those people who can't stand ffas. I think I'd go crazy though. I was 1v1ing a friend and he was spamming the Sonic taunt of death. I wanted to cry.

POKE40

Smash Lord
I want to... :O
But if someone tries to crash it...
I like crashing theirs by infiniting them D:
3 vs. 1 oh yeah :)

Off topic: Online FFAs is a great practice for if you were to encounter a similar situation with you friends. On Stock of course. You learn to KO faster and to live longer.

Jebu-95

Smash Journeyman
No, i usually go and taunt with them:) Almost every time iv seen someone try to brake a Taunt Party it becomes a 3 vs. 1

Dark Mew

Smash Cadet
Half the time, I join in the Taunt Parties. The other half, I wipe them all out. There was one where I found 3 Sonics all doing the same taunt. >< After a while, it got annoying.

Insetick

Smash Apprentice
When I find a taunt party, I usually pick metaknight and hyrule temple so I can fly around. It's pretty irritating when a guy joins a good game to start taunting.

I've recently been hacking brawl so my brother and I can both play on With Anyone. It's fun to use any projectile user and G&W to totally screw over the other players. It's also fun to pick CF and coordinate taunts :)
I'm guessing perfectly timed taunts must freak other players out.

Ballin brian

Smash Rookie
i hack online and i taunt to get final smash and i keep using it and then when i down taunt it says its magic you know and the guy is like omg

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
When I find a taunt party, I usually pick metaknight and hyrule temple so I can fly around. It's pretty irritating when a guy joins a good game to start taunting.

I've recently been hacking brawl so my brother and I can both play on With Anyone. It's fun to use any projectile user and G&W to totally screw over the other players. It's also fun to pick CF and coordinate taunts :)
I'm guessing perfectly timed taunts must freak other players out.
what REALLY freaks people out is when you go on using a wavebird, controlling 2 characters at the same time. perfectly synced actions...playing in team battles is too good.

Volt7x

Smash Journeyman
i hack online and i taunt to get final smash and i keep using it and then when i down taunt it says its magic you know and the guy is like omg
*facepalm* They don't see you using that code. All they see is you taunting and suiciding. Still makes them go wtf.
what REALLY freaks people out is when you go on using a wavebird, controlling 2 characters at the same time. perfectly synced actions...playing in team battles is too good.
There is a code for that but it desynches a lot. <_<

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
Half the time, I join in the Taunt Parties. The other half, I wipe them all out. There was one where I found 3 Sonics all doing the same taunt. >< After a while, it got annoying.
I love the 3 Sonics! "you're too slow!!!!!!! !!!!!! !!!!!!" in triple unison for the entire match. They come to me on new pork city in With Anyone mode after I enable a custom controller setup. But if I leave it as default then I only get 1 Sonic.

For a few months there was a decent Sonic representation, but that was ages ago... nowadays I see good zss or samus sometimes, good zeldas tons of n00b Ikes tho (I never tire of the Ike vs Marth match) new players which is ok if you're new to Brawl, not Smash Bros... I was new to both when it launched and learning through online play has been tough because I get snagged pretty hard when I brawl a tourny brawler in Friends mode, and learning from them is the only way to get better as I can see b/c online the likelihood you get one of those as a player is still pretty rare.

Still tons of fun tho..

And idk if it's me but MK seems to have vanished. his popularity that is.

"There will be no taunt parties on my watch!" -my wife just seconds ago as she ousted a taunting Zelda... the taunting peach stayed though...

"And Kirby IS a taunt." -also my wife as the zelda was replaced by Kirby. I wish you could have 2 people on the same Wii playing online w/o hacking. I wonder what would happen if you had 2 Wii's ... hm.

Tim-Tim

Smash Cadet
Haha i did an BB with 3 foxes and one wolf.
We were all goin "HERE I COME!!"
and he went "WHATS THE MATTER SCARED?!?!?!"
I proceeded to dthrow>fair...and that we was by the ledge so he went offstage.
And i kept gimping him with fox's deflector.
lulz

andayt

Smash Cadet
just use pink falcon online throw the taunters into one and other when they all taunt in one place just PAWWWNCH!! the funny thing is after they all died they all walked to where they were KO'd and just taunt. =D

Brawler1432

Smash Lord
Why bother doing that? Seriously, you're a jerk if you do that. Do you people actually ENJOY fighting online? It's the laggiest piece of crap ever. I've been taunt spamming since my 2nd match of online Brawl. Most people who crash taunt parties tend to be awful players who just charge their F-smash from half way across the stage, hoping you'll run into it. If you crash a taunt party it'll usually just become a 3 vs. 1 anyways.
I started playing Brawl again a few days ago and I have never had lag in any of the 20 matches I've been in. However I've always wanted to be in a taunt party, but never have :(

GameAndPhail

Smash Rookie
I never have crashed one before, I'm always one of the "taunters". And as stated above most of the time it does turn into a 3 vs 1 xD.

Volt7x

Smash Journeyman
Yesterday I entered a room as Falcon, started fighting and realized it was a taunt party when they ganged up on me. XD
They didn't welcome me very well and started thrashing me for no reason as soon as the battle begun. The next battle I started taunting. Plus to show off I wasn't some random noob I did some DACs as Snake. Never hurts to show off some ATs. Me and this Ganon had a strange conversation because we were the ones mostly fighting.
It went like this:
We crouch spam. He punches me I punch back. I shield a Warlock Punch. He goes to one side on the stage. I go to the other. He crouches. I do too. He does a few more crouches. I copy him. We turn around. Then, we go back to each other and continue crouch spamming. I sure had some fun times with that guy.

hypersonic65

Smash Cadet
just yesterday i joined a with anyone match and it was a taunt party. for the entire 1st match, i kept SDing with Sonic's dair. next match, i chose ness and the stage was final destination. everyone was taunting in the middle, so i kept using down b to push them all to the edge and then i used my fsmash. i got some kos:laugh:
a few matches later, i hacked it so that it was an empty stage with an invisible floor (it was the result screen). i made it to sudden death, and the bombs only spawn in the middle. i was lucas on one side and marth was on the other (there were two taunting marths in that match and they were ganging up on me). i kept using pk thunder to hit the bombs while marth kept shield breaking on purpose. we mustve spent 10 minutes like that before he attacked me and i died:embarrass

other than that i absolutely hate taunt parties because they always gang up on me no matter what unless i start it

TimeZone

Smash Rookie
i don't crash taunt partys...unless...i'm rly bored..or i just started playing..
man..i want to get ganged up on....even if i try..they never attack me...which i hate....but taunt parties r annoying..sometimes....

Slasherx

Smash Ace
Today I was playing as DK, and joined in a taunt party.
They were all Snake(the other 3), they just keep bombing themself and taunt. I just doge and taunt.
Later 20sec left I grab one snake that was damaged a lot, then threw him against the edge of FD, resulting a KO.
The other 2 Snake quickly ran over, but I did to them, what I did to the first Snake.
They quit after lol.

MoonGhost

Smash Rookie
I never knew these things were so widespread. I remember thinking "Pikachu has a funny looking crouch walk", so I went into basic brawl and started crawling around and waving. Everyone else started taunting and I was like "Oh, okay. Well, that's pretty cool too". Ha!

ZesuBen

Smash Journeyman
I saved one match. I'd been playing with this Marth, and he was just taunting. I thought it was a serious match at first, but quickly learned it was not. So I followed him and did everything he did.

Later on, I was Wario and he was Captain Falcon. A Link joined us. I taunted near CF to show that I was the same guy. I have to say, I liked the match. :p

Atria

Smash Journeyman
Why are so many people still playing wi fi.

It's a question i'll never be able to understand the answer to.
(Exaggerates) Ehhh...DO I HAVE TO ANSWER THIS? Oh fine then. It seems that you are stuggling with the question Falconv1.0 so I think that I should help you out.

Take me for example. I live in Mackay AKA The Desert Wasteland. In Mackay, there is practically NO ONE who plays Brawl. Actually, it's more like NOBODY even owns a Wii! Therefore, the competitive Brawl commmunity or let alone, the Nintendo gaming community in Mackay is like dead. What's that? Go to a tourney you say? Oh I'd love to! Oh wait, I can't drive yet! That's too bad! What? Get my parents to take me there? Oh they don't care about me playing Brawl well at all. Hmmm what's left I wonder? HMMM... I WONDER...

Wi-Fi? Isn't that where the fights are bad because of lag? Hold on! Apparently my wireless router is compatible with Wi-Fi. Awesome! Now I can play Brawl against real life people instead of computers from the comfort of my own home! Also, because of my fast internet connection and wireless router, I rarely get laggy battles! Yay for me! =D Now everyone should know the answer to "Why some people still play Wi-Fi". (I play Wi-Fi too.) However, I'll show everybody here how to get that answer for next time just incase somebody else asks that question. Okay, so if you add this and that together, Wi-Fi becomes this:

Wi-Fi = Problem solved. And there is your answer. It was a rather simple mathematical equation really, but I'm sure everybody will get it one day...

FiyahballsYum

Smash Rookie
Man, whenever I see an Ike or a Pikachu, I try to START a taunt party. Also, if they don't join in, I'll use low tier characters and self-scrolling stages. I like both of those, personally, but I know it makes them angry as crap.

Speaking of taunt parties...
Wah, wah, WAH! Wah, wah, WAH! Wah, wah, WAH!
EDIT: Which reminds me of the time I was on more of a fooling around party than a simple taunt party. I was on with a purple luigi. Purple Luigi, I was wario if you're on here! That was the best taunt party I'd ever been to. Shame I wasn't invited.
Also I ate everything. Little side note.

Vel

Smash Apprentice
I like to crash them - I've waited for 10 min just to connect and I wanna fight.

That being said, more often than not, they all gang up on me and I get KO'd 5 times, but it's all good - I wanna fight, and win or lose, I have fun (whereas the taunters are apparently PO'd), so I come out ahead in the end :)

Edit - just crashed 3 tonight - I came out 2nd each time; seems I'm gettin gbetter :)

cot(θ)

Smash Journeyman
Why bother doing that? Seriously, you're a jerk if you do that. Do you people actually ENJOY fighting online? It's the laggiest piece of crap ever. I've been taunt spamming since my 2nd match of online Brawl. Most people who crash taunt parties tend to be awful players who just charge their F-smash from half way across the stage, hoping you'll run into it. If you crash a taunt party it'll usually just become a 3 vs. 1 anyways.
Yes, I did that once. I have some great replays of me winning 3 vs. 1 online matches because I crashed a taunt party.:lick:

mariofanpm12

Smash Ace
Nowadays on the (rare) times I brawl online, I don't often see taunt parties. Occasionally somebody (usually a Pit, Kirby, or C. Falcon of course) come sin and tries to start a taunt party. We either team up on him, (seldom)join, or I just quit.

Spike6sic6

Smash Cadet
I did actually. I just don't understand why people go online just to do such a thing. I usually just focus on whoever's taunting.

Seriously tho, why are people doing such a thing? Fun? I think not. At least, we have a different definition of fun...

Top Bottom