• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ever Crashed a Taunt Party?

mariofanpm12

Smash Ace
I have. Once I entered a room full of taunting and crouching noobs and I started fighting hard. They got sick of it and actually began to fight and we started a good, competitive match.

Have you ever crushed a taunt party?

LordoftheMorning

Smash Champion
I've never been in a taunt party. I get taunt rivalries. Some piece of crap sonic rolls behind me and knocks me back with Dsmash and then goes "YOU TOO SLOW BIZZNATCH!" and then I go "AWW HELLZ NA!". Then every time I send him flying I taunt at him. I always win.:chuckle:

~Peachy~

Creator of delicious desserts
♥I've never crashed a taunt party. In fact, I am usually the hostess who starts them. ;)

♥And whenever someone tries to crash it, I beat the heck out of them just because they are ruining the innocent fun. In fact, that happened to me just a few minutes ago. A sonic interrupted my party on Hyrule Temple and the other party-goers and I kept going after him for the rest of the battles until he left. Then we started taunting again right after he left.;)

Never interrupt a taunt party, especially if one of those party-goers are Peach in a Pink Dress. You'll never know if it's me, and if it is... I'll get you.;)

~♥teehee♥~

♥Don't you just love pretty threats? ;)

prOAPC

Smash Lord
it is really common in a DS game called Jump! Ultimate Stars, we call those guys "gem farmers" because they just wait for the time to runs up and all of them placed 1st and win a lot of gem (like money to buy new characters)

Delta_BP26

Smash Ace
I'm more of a guard. People start the party, and I play along. The moment someone attacks us, I let the others carry on while I fire my Jesus beams at the crasher. After he's dead, I continue until he's back. Sometimes they take the hint and join in.

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
Why bother doing that? Seriously, you're a jerk if you do that. Do you people actually ENJOY fighting online? It's the laggiest piece of crap ever. I've been taunt spamming since my 2nd match of online Brawl. Most people who crash taunt parties tend to be awful players who just charge their F-smash from half way across the stage, hoping you'll run into it. If you crash a taunt party it'll usually just become a 3 vs. 1 anyways.

~Peachy~

Creator of delicious desserts
♥Well said Mr. hippochinfat!!, well said. ;)

♥It's only innocent fun, sit back, relax, and watch. Even better, join the craziness and let loose. ;)

MorphedChaos

Smash Lord
If I'm taunt-spamming as Wario, I love to get the smashball and fly up as high as I can with Warioman, then gently float down. Usually takes me about 20 seconds to reappear on screen.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Nope, I love joining and starting taunt parties :D.

Haro Savion

Smash Rookie
I once started a taunt party, then simply chain KO'd all who were still taunting with my Aerial Joint Combos/Edgehogging as Sonic, <3~

Good times man.

Meadow

Smash Apprentice
♥Well said Mr. hippochinfat!!, well said. ;)

♥It's only innocent fun, sit back, relax, and watch. Even better, join the craziness and let loose. ;)
Agreed! I personally enjoy taunt parties, never crashed one. It's pretty fun after a frustrating match. It's entertaining to see what they'll do; I saw how to dashdance/footstool/pivot just by standing in a taunt party. If I get tired of the taunt party, then I'll just leave politely with one last taunt. It's just plain rude if you purposely crash one, ruining the fun for other players...and it's no fun for the person that's crashing them either, seeing as they're getting hit by 3 other people all at once.

Besides, With Anyone is just downright horrible if you're looking for a real match. The settings are on Time, you can't control the item switch, the stage might be very unreasonable, and a load of other things you can't change or choose. It'd be much better to use the Friend Finder, but I can't say that, seeing as it's down.

Junahu

Smash Ace
I'm more of a guard. People start the party, and I play along. The moment someone attacks us, I let the others carry on while I fire my Jesus beams at the crasher. After he's dead, I continue until he's back. Sometimes they take the hint and join in.
"You got a Jesus beams sticker!! Press up on the D-pad and Joshua becomes a much better character, with his Jesus beams of zetta awsome "

Anyway... when I see a person taunting, I feel compelled to keep them safe. I hate it when people just try to get easy KOs off a lone taunter, it just isn't sporting.

Mr. Stagg

Ay ugly! Gimme back my friggen sister!
I falcon punched a taunting jigglypuff, only to be attacked by 2 more taunters. Not cool.
That's happened to me a few times, but i always love to impersonate myself as a taunt ***, only to smash them, Ko them, and show them how to play this game. But sadly people are so pathetic that they have to make alliances and gang up on the better people. It dosent really anger me, in fact it makes me laugh becuase its so pathetic.

Rambo Hayabusa

Smash Apprentice
I thought taunt parties were looking for someone to triple team. I like taking those challenges, it's all good fun.
I just hate when taunters become attackers when I'm getting an other wise one on one match with someone else who's a non taunter. Stealin my kills and whatnot.

White Assassin

Smash Cadet
when i see them taunt at the beginning of a game i fight harder then i would normaly.
in most cases we have a regular match after 2 seconds, sometimes one of them goes to the edge of a stage and taunts there again, till end of the match.
never mind, i get the kills.

Gaussis

Smash Ace
The best way to crash these things is with the PAUNCH! But of course, pretending to be in the taunt party is fun also.

It's not out of being mean. I also purposely leave myself open to whatever the heck the opponent wants to do.

Earthbound Zero

Smash Journeyman
I usually start them, and start 1 vs 1 with another taunter with the A paunches, to show that I want a friendly fight. After the match, I would just taunt again though, to show I'm not trying to crash the party. :3

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
It depends... lately I've been crashing them, but only b/c that's all there seems to be nowadays. It wasn't always like that, it used to be you'd get one or two a day out of 30 or so reconnects. >< But now, yeah, it seems like as soon as I log in, the same 2 or 3 brawlers are there waiting for me, itching to Taunt it up. My take on it... sometimes I'll play along, it's fun to watch things like the Jigglypuff glitch on Bridge of Eldin, other such stuff, but it really is getting kinda old. Maybe I just play too much... on a side note one taunt party led to a very interesting match... in a Target Smash Level! Yep, I was like woah! We saved the match and stuff, and later I read online that this was possible due to a hack job, which in turn is now being blamed for the excessive lag in general. IE if you have a laggy match, chances are one of your 3 opponents are running a hacked copy of Brawl. Eh, whatever.

theshortgamer

Smash Cadet
I hate taunt parties, I wait FOREVER just to get a match, and low and behold it's tauntards. I crash them everytime I don't care if I get triple teamed, I'm just there to ruin their fun because they ruined mine by taunting instead of fighting.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Is that what they're called now?

I had never heard of this fad until the other day I was playing on With Anyone for the first time in like 5 months. I was playing seriously while everyone else there was taunting. I remember thinking "wtf is this ****?"

Online is weird. (No offense)

Christopher Rodriguez

The illest Project M Bowser
...Taunt parties?

Okay, I'm completely done with online.. that's just sad

I was actually thinking of TOUCHING the online mode atleast once again

JackieRabbit5

Smash Journeyman
i'm not really a jerk like some ppl so not really...though sometimes when i join a group when i still feel like competitive playing i may try to break it up a little, like just fight one guy

it is just innocent fun and those who try to crash it deserve to be punished which i usually do pretty well heh

clockwerk

Smash Cadet
Sometimes I join in, sometimes I don't. Sometimes I do it until the last few seconds, AND THEN I GO IN GUNS BLAZING!!!! GAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

That's always fun. :)

But seriously, taunting should be disabled when online.

AAP

Smash Journeyman
I crash taunt parties like it was my lifes work, it can be satisfying when u finally push someone over the edge and they start fighting back, even if they kill you, you've won.

Crashing taunt parties is the only good thing about taunt parties.

Desire

Smash Journeyman
yes i have, and i see no point of taunting for even a minute.

Get a life and play 1 v 1.

To Hippochinfat.

Wifi isnt bullsh*t. If you think it is, you are.

Comp lvl 9 <<<< actual online players.

Lag does not make you bad, its like training.

its just your f*cked up connection.

other thn that, i agree. this 'taunt party' is pointless.

Pointless thread.

Slifer-san

Smash Cadet
Of course, winning in a 4-man free-for-all match occassionally with items and/or lag = you're pro

And ruining other people's fun automatically makes you badass.

Rambo Hayabusa

Smash Apprentice
Why can't there be a middle between pro and completely suck?

I play online to hope there is someone who I can at least play and sometimes crashing the taunt party is the only alternative.

I hate taunt parties, I wait FOREVER just to get a match, and low and behold it's tauntards. I crash them everytime I don't care if I get triple teamed, I'm just there to ruin their fun because they ruined mine by taunting instead of fighting.
^ s'Truth.

Top Bottom