• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event 52 - PREREGISTRATION REQUIRED - $500 OOS Bonus- Kansas City, KS - Oct 18th-19th

Raistlin

Smash Lord
I'm sure this has been answered, but I have to ask: Is this in Kansas City, Kansas, or Kansas City, Missouri? The first post has addresses for both, soooo....yeah. That is a rather important detail.

Jesi

Smash Ace
However, if you are flying in, you will be flying into kansas city, MO. If you are receiving housing from darkrain, or phatgamer that is ALSO in KCMO. Overland park, KS is a suburb of the greater Kansas city area. ^_^

AustinRC

Smash Lord
Some place where there isn't any trouble. Do you suppose there is such a place, Toto? There must be. It's not a place you can get to by a boat or a train. It's far, far away — behind the moon — beyond the rain —
[singing] Somewhere, over the rainbow, way up high,
There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Somewhere, over the rainbow, skies are blue,
And the dreams that you dare to dream really do come true.
[singing] Someday I'll wish upon a star And wake up where the clouds are far behind me.
Where troubles melt like lemon drops, a way upon the chimney tops. That's where you'll find me.
[singing] Somewhere, over the rainbow, bluebirds fly.
Birds fly over the rainbow,
Why then— oh, why can't I?

Tacoom

Smash Lord
That whole area just blows my mind.
Nothing like driving the wrong way 3/4 of that interstate around kc then turning around cuz were told to 0_0

dmac

Smash Champion
just so everyone knows, kansas city is a very very very large metropolitan area that encompasses many communities. kansas city in kansas is one of the many large communities that is a part of the greater kansas city area

Heart Break Kid

Smash Lord
Scar or Gotm. are you jman cactuar eggm etc all leaving from the same airport. i kinda wanna go and i think i could afford it. if you bought ur tix already link me to where you bough them and ill c whats up. this seems mad exciting lol

dmac

Smash Champion
transportation to and from the airport will be pretty easy, me and a couple others are gonna be doing it

housing is going to be a little more complicated but we'll try to be able to house as many people as we can. theres a CRAPTON of people asking for housing and we have a couple places that can do 20-30 people, and several that can do 4-5, we just need to figure out who goes where

Jesi

Smash Ace
Quick Map

Here's a little map to give you an idea of where things are located there are other housing spots than just the one's i listed but these two will probably house a big chunk of people. If you CAN afford a hotel and share it between a few guys (ends up being like $5 a person or less if you get it right) please do! Housing is limited. -_-

EDIT: darkrain's place has kitty cats (and so does lawrence if you end up staying out there) so if you're allergic keep that in mind.

darkrain

Smash Ace
There is still going to be a venue fee, I think it's necessary to help cover some of the extra costs, also like any other tournament the venue fee will be waived for those that bring a full setup (TV & Cube). A portion of the venue fee will be going to the college organization. We will also use it to shuttle people to and from the airport and provide breakfast at the venue on Sunday morning.

To FL or anyone else flying in: I will be housing you and shuttling you to and from the airport.

R3N0

Smash Lord
Yeha so me and hbk are coming. To go on with tradition... Eggms Car at the last CoT.. Eggms BOAT to Georgia.. now introducing EGGMS PLANE!!!

Imagine if N.E. came with.. PC, M2K, EGGM, SCAR, CACTUAR, JMAN, RENO, and HBK!? beast *** crew.

Jesi

Smash Ace
check over a few days or in a week or two airline tickets tend to fluctuate pretty crazily. we'd love to have ya!

btw i notice m2k just registered -_- hooray for a great amount of pro players!! ^_^

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Well as far as housing for DSM, I think we leave close enough that we shouldn't need housing, it should be save for the people who are flying and don't really have a place to stay, but that just my opinion since I don't drive to places ;D but if anyone is willing to house us than yay :3

Life After Death

Smash Champion
so this is the cheapest ticket i can find. think anyone can pick me up friday at 12 pm and drop me off at the airport 4:00 am?

SamDvds

Smash Ace
for anyone wanting to cancel because plane tickets are too high, check if a flight to st louis would be any cheaper, because my crew is driving (st.louis is only like 3-4 hours from KC) and since i will be coming in from the west coast, there may be room in someone's car for a ride.

Phatgamer1

Smash Lord
hear Me Now! If You Are Driving To This Tourney, I Am Housing You! Post How Many People You Will Be Bringing In The Car So I Can Figure Out Where I Can Put People To Sleep At My House. Hopefully I Don't Hit More Than 50 People Sleeping Here Cuz......thats A Lot Of Man Smell!

Chexr

Smash Ace
Winona has about an 80% of going I would say. 3/4 spots we would need.

edit: I call the couch again.

Life After Death

Smash Champion
so this is the cheapest ticket i can find. think anyone can pick me up friday at 12 pm and drop me off at the airport 4:00 am?

GOTM

Smash Champion
Scar or Gotm. are you jman cactuar eggm etc all leaving from the same airport. i kinda wanna go and i think i could afford it. if you bought ur tix already link me to where you bough them and ill c whats up. this seems mad exciting lol
as far as i know me, scar, cactus, and m2k are getting the same tickets. im not sure about the ny people.

i know reno asked me about getting the same ones as the people he was goin with so we could all leave together so yeah i think we might. we havent bought them yet so we'll let you know

Top Bottom