• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ESAM's ZP Monthly tournaments 12/11/10 Dastrn's Will

Status
Not open for further replies.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
I was in the car and Polt started singing! i told him to stop and he wouldn't! Then he beat me :'(
OBJECTION!!!

Now hold on just a second there Mr. Joey! You just said, "i told him to stop and he wouldn't!"
You then followed it with, "Then he beat me :'( ".

Now according to this document I brought from the private school where Poltergust retains is as shown:

Clearly Joey, YOUR LYING!!!

Xaltis

Smash Hero
OBJECTION!!!

Now hold on just a second there Mr. Joey! You just said, "i told him to stop and he wouldn't!"
You then followed it with, "Then he beat me :'( ".

Now according to this document I brought from the private school where Poltergust retains is as shown:

Clearly Joey, YOUR LYING!!!
Yes I agree that Polt has yet have anything to do with my sister.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
So yeah, schedule will be

Low Tier Doubles (If at least 4 teams)
Low Tier Singles
Doubles
Singles

Masky

Smash Master
Masky, are you gonna be down here when this happens or still in Gville?
Depends on if I get a summer job thing that I applied for up here or not. But if I don't get it, I'll have bigger things to worry about than smash :laugh:

It only appears that way to the unskilled eye
No. You can narrow down the solution to a smaller set of possibilities based on the clues given, but after that you have no choice but to guess. Level 1 or 2 puzzles typically can have anywhere from 1 to 100 possible solutions. Once you get into level 4, 5, or 6 though, the number of possible solutions is often in the thousands. Some guesses are safer than others, but it still requires guessing.

Kith

Smash Ace
You're half right. After around level 3+, you will have to guess every now and then. Depending on the map layout, some guesses are a lot smarter than others. But that's why you don't automatically get kicked out of the game if you lose. Statistically speaking, if you continue to make the safe choices by doing some math, you will always win big. It's more a game of statistics than chance

Masky

Smash Master
I wrote a program to solve any given Voltorb flip puzzle and make the safest guesses back when HG/SS first came out and I never got past level 6 using it

Kith

Smash Ace
Ah well, see now we're talking about two different things. You can't beat Voltorb Flip, any more than you can beat a slot machine. It's not about "beating" it or getting past any level. It's about maximizing your coin payout. In that sense, the program would have been a success.

Also, I'm curious about how you implemented it. I just bought the Unity game engine and I've been looking for developers who'd be interested in some small game projects. It might be fun porting over Voltorb Flip to the iPad :-P. Would you be interested?

Masky

Smash Master
Ah well, see now we're talking about two different things. You can't beat Voltorb Flip, any more than you can beat a slot machine. It's not about "beating" it or getting past any level. It's about maximizing your coin payout. In that sense, the program would have been a success.

Also, I'm curious about how you implemented it. I just bought the Unity game engine and I've been looking for developers who'd be interested in some small game projects. It might be fun porting over Voltorb Flip to the iPad :-P. Would you be interested?
I was lazy so it just does a tree search and looks at every possible solution lol, then figures out which are the least risky tiles for the user to guess on the DS and uses the results to do another search, etc. It also uses some heuristics to cut down the search space. And no i'm not interested in anything related to voltorb flip anymore I HATE VOLTORB FLIP

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
It's only stage textures. And cool, don't play on the big TV, and be DQ'd for those matches :D

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
We shouldn't ever have textures on. The majority of them, including the "good ones," are distracting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom