• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Epita Smash Arena 2 - Paris - 23 & 24 February 2008 - Up to 256 Players !

ImperfeCt

Smash Apprentice
Well, JD convinced me at GulNer!, so I'll find out if I can make it there in the next couple of days. Will confirm or cancel in here as soon as I know what's up.

ZeroP

Smash Apprentice
256 players is amount, have you organisators considered to apply the mages rules? I highly doubt the tournament will finfish in the scheduled time otherwise.

(The Mages DQ Rule is applicable when a player is late for a match and it goes as follows:
2 Minutes Late � Warning/Loss of first stock
4 Minutes Late � Loss of first match of set
6 Minutes Late � Loss of set)

is this true?

bornfidelity.com

Smash Master
better yet, there should be a schedule with *who* has to play matches *when* (for pools youu can make it in advance right just use numbers and assign them later) and whoever is late for his/her match loses it instantly. we need to have time left for a lightning melee tournament ^^^^^

Slhoka

Smash Lord
better yet, there should be a schedule with *who* has to play matches *when* (for pools youu can make it in advance right just use numbers and assign them later) and whoever is late for his/her match loses it instantly. we need to have time left for a lightning melee tournament ^^^^^
A seeding is being established these days. But sadly, we won't be able to realease it 3 weeks before the tournament (this week end !) as we planned. We'll probably do it for the week after.

256 players is amount, have you organisators considered to apply the mages rules? I highly doubt the tournament will finfish in the scheduled time otherwise.

(The Mages DQ Rule is applicable when a player is late for a match and it goes as follows:
2 Minutes Late � Warning/Loss of first stock
4 Minutes Late � Loss of first match of set
6 Minutes Late � Loss of set)

is this true?

If we have as many TVs as we expect, that is to say at least 64, we'll be able to finish the tournament in time. But to make sure we don't get late, using this kind of rule may be a good option. We'll discuss it ;)

peyudosmith

Smash Journeyman
I think there will be no 256 players coming to the tourney at this rate. It's still 210/256 and it has been like this for over a week.

Samochan

Smash Master
I'd say consider that mages rule carefully. While it's convenient and enforces players to play on tight schedule, it's really too tight and strict and there are known cases of getting disqualified cause one didn't hear the announcement or didn't quite understand it properly (cort getting DQ'ed at mages tourney for nothing). Who would want to breeze trough pools and bracket at lightning speed without having any kind of break in between for getting a drink from kitchen or just calming down a little bit? tense players is a no go, being tense can affect matches outcome and we don't want that do we? I'd say make some kind of time ruleset, but make it so that players have 5-10 minutes to start their match from first announcement and if players aren't heard of, announce again and after 4-5 more minutes first warning.

Yomi-no-Kuni

Smash Lord
^ nods head ^^ my oppionion ;)

@peyudosmith
there are some more germans that´d like to come, they might book soon, but i think your right, it wont be so many

but who cares :D 200 is heaps already imo ^^

ImperfeCt

Smash Apprentice
Just booked my tickets, so you can add me to the confirmed list.

Need a teammate though, so if someone decent could vouche for me that would be great,

Vegard

Smash Lord
I changed my mind, me and a buddy are attendig this kind of music festival in Oslo which is happening at the same time. You can take me off the list, JD.
sorry about the people I asked for moneymatches, all I can say is I'm fairly sure I'd beat the hell out of Luma.

Joanna Dark

Smash Ace
from the first post :

/!\IMPORTANT/!\
YOU HAVE TO REGISTER ON CYCOM WEBSITE TO ATTEND THE TOURNAMENT, EVEN IF YOU DON'T PAY IN ADVANCE. FOR DETAILS, SEE THE "HOW TO PAY" PARAGRAPH BELOW !

How to pay ?
- First, remember to on the SSBUP list. Click here to access the list, if you didn't do it.
- You must register (well, once again) ! Click here to go on Cycom's website. For those who don't know, Cycom is the association of Epita students who help us organise this tournament. And know what ? They're french, but their website has an english version. Incredible, I know. So, register on their website. They ask for your name and some stuff like that, and those can be seen in the player list, so if you don't want to enter it, just don't fill some boxes if you don't want to. But I'd like you to enter you age, your location (especially country), since it will help us for the organisation and your registration when you'll arrive at the venue. A valid email may also be useful, so please enter it. You'll be able to modify your infos afterwards if you want.
- Once you registered on Cycom website, search the "Epita Smash Arena 2" box on the main page, and then "register". They'll only ask you if you bring hardware, and just say you don't. We may ask some of you to bring their cube if we don't have enough, but for now, there's o need of them ;)
- You registered on the SSBUP list ? And on the Cycom website ? Well, the only thing left to do is paying. In order to do so, you can either use paypal, either send a check to Cycom.
The email adress for the paypal payment is the following : contact@cycom-xperience.com . Also, for the paypal payment, I (Slhoka) am sorry to tell you that because of my almost inexistent paypal knowledge, I didn't add the paypal tax in the prices we listed. They take 5% of the amount payed, which means that if you want to order a 20€ pass and use paypal, you'll have to pay 21€. And 31,5€ if you order a 30€ pass and 42€ for a 40€ pass. Don't forget to mention your gamer tag in the paiment side message, as well as something like "payment ESA2" in the title. It would also be useful to give your name in the paiement message, so we can verify if no one comes at the venue saying he's you.

If you want to pay by check, you have to order it to Cycom the address is the following :
Charles Ducauze
9bis rue des Mécardes
92190 Meudon
France
Don't forget to mention your gamer tag, and if possible you name.

If you need help, send a PM to me or Slhoka, we'll answer you as soon as possible.

PLEASE,
try to pay online through friends or parents, this is very serious ! the more money we have in advance, the best this tournament can be :)

Jeffz0r

Smash Champion
For those who don't know, Cycom is the association of Epita students who help us organise this tournament. And know what ? They're french, but their website has a french version. Incredible, I know.
Lame XD

I assume you don't have to register on the Cycom site, if you're not paying in advance, online?

Slhoka

Smash Lord
Lame XD

I assume you don't have to register on the Cycom site, if you're not paying in advance, online?
The stupid joke is from me, and to tell the truth, they translated the website because of this tourney. Just for you guys. :cool:
Edit : Oops, I just saw that the joke was even more stupid that what I intended.
Replace "french version" by "english version". ^^"

And you're wrong, even though you don't want to pay on cycom's website, you have to register on their list. In short, if you wanna attend the tournament, you HAVE TO register on that list.
I guess I'll edit JD's post to make this clear.

°UÇK

Smash Journeyman
What are you supposed to write in the "Team box"?

"Chuck-Norris-Karate-Kommandos-without-the-Chuck-Norris-Karate-Kommandos-Gang-so-just-Chuck-Norris"

youre supposed to fill in the name of your team. If you havent got a name yet just fill in anything, you can change this afterwards.

Smasher89

Smash Lord
everyones loves europe ^^

(its the fi-nal count-doooown - dududuuuudu)
Yes exacly why we have gotten brawl, and release date long ago XD

I agree with Hack, Armada does really never play against shieks anymore, so ít would be nice to see how it goes if he still can beat those shieks hehe...
Less then 3 weeks to go, gotta get up the hype now^^

alucard.ec

Smash Apprentice
YAY!!!:. Brawl!!.. Btw.. Here are the questions for a small documentary I´m doing I will be with the camera and if any one want to be recorded i will do it btwn freeplay XD
n.n thnks 4the attention..:

1. What´s your nickname when you play Smash?
2. How long have you been playing Smash?
3. How did Smash catch your attention?
4. Which character(s) do you use in tournaments?
5. What was the most difficult technique that you have learned and how long it took you to master it?
6. What would you change or add in the SSBM gameplay?
7. What other kind of videogame do you like?
8. Which game console do you have?
9. Any advice to become a better player or even a new pro?
10. Say Hi! To Virtual Style =D

ivootjes(nr18)

Smash Lord
Don't focus on other stuff, let's first finish singles and teams, then do regionals.

If you still got time left it's possible to do brawl (i love brawl ^^) or crap stuff like low tier or low tier teams

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
The way I understood it, side events will take place during sleep time. It's basically your choice if you go to bed or stay up for them.

Top Bottom