• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Epita Smash Arena 2 - Paris - 23 & 24 February 2008 - Up to 256 Players !

TelpeFion

Smash Lord
Ek is really like Isai, he can pretty much beat anyone as long as he tries.

So Japanese top players are now confirmed? If PC ang gang show up, wow. This'll be the best indication of US vs. Japan vs. Europe ever, better than TG6, RoS2, RoofSM, FC or OC.

1st Amsah
2nd PC
3rd Cort

I predict Amsah being best Sheik period, PC being too good, and Cort being happy with playing Peach in PAL. The Japanese can't take these guys when they're playing at full force. CJ loses either to Amsah in Sheik dittos or gets 3-stocked by Cort. Then there a lot of people who can do reaaally good, I won't even mention any names because that'll just cause an uproar of "Hey what about XXX, I call top 5 guaranteed" and "You forgot XXX, best XXX in XXX".

Anyone wanna argue? Since it's now like 99 % I can't go, I'll just have to sit back and watch.

°UÇK

Smash Journeyman
I dont think cort is going to make it top 3, top 10 is more likely. as for pc he's the player with the most tournament experience, i think he even could make it first place. no idea for the japanese and the europeans. there are lots of french smashers coming (200 pre-reg iir) maybe a surprising newcomer amongst them, who knows

Well, this is supposed to be a smashfest but since Nintendo already released a new gaming platform widely known as "wii" (which hopefully can be found in large numbers in paris) how about we make a little sidetourny with wiisports? Why wiisports? because its like smash, every person who owns the console has it and is most likely somehow a least bit good at it XD

I take MM from anyone who thinks he/she can beat me in Wii-Tennis or Wii-boxing. get it on

Dont forget to byoc byowm&n

Joanna Dark

Smash Ace
PC has most chances to win, but let's not forget CJ, who's also one of the few players out there able to say "I can win this" at EVERY SINGLE TOURNAMENT anywhere anytime with anyone.
Amsah is a challenger to PC and CJ, even though Amsah already beat CJ, it was on his ground, CJ was tired and all (he had like 16 hours of bus before getting to the tournament, and the singles grand final ended around 11pm on the last day >_<). Also, Amsah only won once against CJ, so it doesn't mean Amsah > CJ, and even Amsah knows that. For all these reasons, Amsah is INCREDIBLY motivated in winning this tournament, of course ^^.
Also, don't forget the fox master, Masashi... CJ says he's been training hard for this tournament, and he seems really motivated to show his skillz to Europe. So I'd say Masashi is also a challenger, because it's his first time out of Japan.
So yeah, top 4 is gonna be amazingly tough and interesting !

and we'll record everything interesting ^^.

Vegard

Smash Lord
I think Cort is a player that could beat Amsah...

I also think Masashi will make a good performance =) showing Fox can do well with the basics.

Coen

BRoomer
BRoomer
If I could choose who I'd face in the bracket/pools, it would absolutely be Cort. He's my hero ;p

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
and we'll record everything interesting ^^.
Speaking of recording... I still don't know if I can bring my computer, but if I do, it will only be the computer. No cables, kb&mouse or screen.
The outputs are VGA and HDMI. The DVI adapter is so small I can easily fit it inside the computer or whatever, but I'd like to know if it's needed.
There are two sets of video inputs which, as far as I know (haven't tested), can be used simultaneously (all connectors are female):
3x RCA for composite + audio
S-video + 2x RCA for S-video + audio

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
Speaking of recording... I still don't know if I can bring my computer, but if I do, it will only be the computer. No cables, kb&mouse or screen.
The outputs are VGA and HDMI. The DVI adapter is so small I can easily fit it inside the computer or whatever, but I'd like to know if it's needed.
There are two sets of video inputs which, as far as I know (haven't tested), can be used simultaneously (all connectors are female):
3x RCA for composite + audio
S-video + 2x RCA for S-video + audio
Something female at a smash tournament? I won't believe it till I see it.

Cort

Apple Head
Haha @ predictions >.>

I donno how I'd do, but I'd love to play Amsah in bracket. Or Armada. <3 those matchups =D

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
Cort: I want to play some matches with you. Doug told me playing an American Peach is a great experience. =]

Catharsis

Smash Apprentice
Female Smashers? Where's the trick? they are... lesbian?
Now, if you say that they don't use Peach, I gonna think that they weren't female when they were born or that Norway is a realy strange country.

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
Norway's bringing two female smashers, dude ;)
So it seems, but it's still hard to believe. I've been attending tournaments for over 5 years, and have never seen a female smasher in real life, although we did have the occasional sister or girlfriend. Kevin/Senkai came the closest so far. :x

Catharsis

Smash Apprentice
Once upon a time I teach a female friend to play Naruto GNT3 and she don't lose her first battle in a tourney. But Melee is a game where I've never seen a girl playing (without commit suicide two of her four stocks).

Tell us who are her main chars ._.

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
I think Amsah lost to me and Dave at DT10. I was already considering retirement back then, something went wrong. :x

Samochan

Smash Master
wtf o_0 where did you get that info from

amsah is so bad against peach XD
<_> I've heard otherwise. But w/e.

And speaking of female smashers... *cough cough* Bout time I'm getting some competition here Tonberry, I hope they're really good and I can't wait to play against them if I get to ESA2. :3 Europe is kind of lacking in female smasher numbers.

And Marc, if you were at Ros4 then you prolly just missed me, but if you weren't there... >_>

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
I wasn't there. Anyone can claim to be female though. It's just that not everyone can get away with it.

ivootjes(nr18)

Smash Lord
How can you call coen a peach nooblet o_0 He's better than the best finnish smashers XD

Sorry samo, i'm not picking on you, you're just saying dumb things :p

Anyway, it looks like i already was confirmed :S but by these i really confirm. Don't know who confirmed me though

Top Bottom