• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Epita Smash Arena 2 - Paris - 23 & 24 February 2008 - Up to 256 Players !

Samochan

Smash Master
How can you call coen a peach nooblet o_0 He's better than the best finnish smashers XD
>_> Well he definitely wasn't really super amazing back then, many finns beat him actually and frankly, my peach was better back then as well, he even said so himself. And I was only top 10 back then and he was like 15th, and currently when I've gotten loads better I'm still only 7th. >_> I was refering with the nooblet thing that we were still pretty noobs compared to today and noobs compared to the players placing as high as us (and probably still are compared to the better players in europe).

Edit: Rawr, I understand your point of view Ivo but I'm stating things here that are pretty close to truth. Not dumb things. :<

ivootjes(nr18)

Smash Lord
>_> Well he definitely wasn't really super amazing back then, many finns beat him actually and frankly, my peach was better back then as well, he even said so himself. And I was only top 10 back then and he was like 15th, and currently when I've gotten loads better I'm still only 7th. >_> I was refering with the nooblet thing that we were still pretty noobs compared to today (and probably still are compared to the better players in europe).
Coen lost to finnish players? :confused: Anyway keep in mind that finnish top 10 doesn't really compare to dutch top 15 ;)

Finnish top 3 is more like dutch 15-25 :p Even peki got 4 stocked by reffie in a tournament match, and reffie was our #20 back then :p

Luma

Smash Lord
well. coen played soooooooooooooooooooo bad @ rox4, i 4-stocked him 4 times (we had 4 matches)
he played better the next day for sure, but still he wasnt on his level

he even lost to ppl like royblablabla so that should say enough =D

Samochan

Smash Master
Coen lost to finnish players? :confused: Anyway keep in mind that finnish top 10 doesn't really compare to dutch top 15 ;)

Finnish top 3 is more like dutch 15-25 :p Even peki got 4 stocked by reffie in a tournament match, and reffie was our #20 back then :p
I think Coen lost to wmk on second round of pools or someone else. I do remember watching his match against one finnish player.

I do have those matches on tape where I win Zgetto and lose with 1 stock to adam, who were considered top 11-12 on dutch pr back then (at least the pr said so). :p And then I also beat many other Falcon players there at the same time, dunno if they were dutches or not. But yea, one match shouldn't really count much (like the fact that I won amsah's falco once lol), but sets count more, like best won svampen and stormblast and uuh... well can't recall more on pool rounds 2 and wmk lost to niam by 1 frame I think and if I recall correcly, beat Dou (not very sure bout this). I'm sure that the finns still don't have any top notch players like amsah and armada here, to name a few, but we're definitely not slacking off. >_>

Edit: Lol Luma, actually I played royfuminareblabla as well many times and won more matches than he did. O.o Plus I didn't get 4 stocked there once. :3

Luma

Smash Lord
nothing surprising about that, i just wanted to give another example of how bad coen played that day, cuz roy isnt considered as a good ssbm player ^^

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
Female Smashers? Where's the trick? they are... lesbian?
Now, if you say that they don't use Peach, I gonna think that they weren't female when they were born or that Norway is a realy strange country.
No, lol, they are stragiht as h*ll.
One of them are using Peach, and the other one does actually main Ganondorf.
Norway is win. That's why we got female smashers ;)

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
How can you call coen a peach nooblet o_0 He's better than the best finnish smashers XD

Sorry samo, i'm not picking on you, you're just saying dumb things :p

Anyway, it looks like i already was confirmed :S but by these i really confirm. Don't know who confirmed me though
Who else than the guy who also registered your lazy ass? You owe me big time, buddy. :3

Don't trash talk Coentje. He plays Pokémon, which makes him high tier instantly.

Smasher89

Smash Lord
wait, I play pokemon and Ice climbers that would make me, hmm too reliable on Nanas "random smashes"? XD

Tonberry-lol @ helping your "landmates or what it´s called" opponents counterpick , btw have you norwegians ordered tickets/pass yet?

Samochan

Smash Master
Don't trash talk Coentje. He plays Pokémon, which makes him high tier instantly.
I wasn't trash talking, what I meant is compared to our skill level we placed fairly well on big scale tourney. I don't trash talk people unless they trash talk me. Also I was talking about myself as well and what I meant that we didn't exacly shine as the best players there and I was suprised we placed nicely on teams compared to our skill level. My other comment was that he wasn't super amazing, aka best peach in the world and so on, but I wasn't saying he sucked or anything either and it did seem to me and to him that I was a bit better at that time. <_> Just to clarify things a bit here. >_>

Oh and I play pokemon too. I win. :p

ivootjes(nr18)

Smash Lord
Who else than the guy who also registered your lazy ass? You owe me big time, buddy. :3
You'll get it in paris, ever had a footjob?

I don't trashtalk coentje, he's gotten **** good at this game and already was quite good. But somebody had to call him a n00by peach.

Edit: Ah, let's stop this discussion, it's useless anyway :p

A-D

Smash Journeyman
Wooooooow double post because Smashboards is being really gay,, amsah coen please delete this one
thanx you =)

A-D

Smash Journeyman
I do have those matches on tape where I win Zgetto and lose with 1 stock to adam, who were considered top 11-12 on dutch pr back then
lol samo, as much as i like you i'zgot 2 say that you must not take any conclusions outta those matches:O I didn't even had a clue those matches were recorded ~_~ i was just doing something cause i was bored and i saw everyone playing you( amsah zget tonberry nnja)^^ For real if those were serious matches i would of killed all your stocks just like the first one xD(Bluffing:O)

no hard feelings though =) your a good girl!
Keep it up

Joanna Dark

Smash Ace
hey guys, we've started validating french people who are members of the association (SSBUP) or who are helping with TV, consoles and such. So now there are 105 players confirmed who are sure to attend. you can check that on the first post at the pre-registration part. it's going really fast ! you guys who haven't booked, you should hurry up a bit ^^.
there are only 29 frenchies confirmed and 76 foreigners !!!

Samochan

Smash Master
lol samo,don't take any conclusions outta those matches...i had no idea those matches were even recorded..so your lucky cause if it was a tournament match i'll took all your stocks as the first one ! :O (bluffing);o

no hard feelings though ;o! your a good girl <3
=D
>_>

Samochan from same post said:
But yea, one match shouldn't really count much (like the fact that I won amsah's falco once lol), but sets count more
In short, I didn't make any conclusion out of one match with you, but the fact that I won quite many matches in that tournament is something I can draw a conclusion out of, which means I wasn't completely hopeless back then.:lick: And no johns lol, you took a stitch right into your face and I took a falcon punch. X3 I was also trying to make a point to Ivo finns aren't bad, cause he takes it for granted. 1 match isn't something to base facts on (omg ololool I beat amsah's falco oooohhh yeah I'm teh beessstt!!111 like that. >_> )

Samochan

Smash Master
Still, I took 14 stocks out of Finland while losing only 3 >XD lololol but yeah, Finland isn't THAT bad XD.
Don't remind me JD. >_> Dat was mean. :<

Good thing is I wasn't the one getting owned by you at least, keke.

But you say only 95 places left? O_o Crap, I need to get munny bronto. No job, but maybe, just maybe I can beg some from my relatives cause my school ends right before ESA and they've promised me munny soo...

*panics*

Edit: Sweet, 1k posts. ^^

Slhoka

Smash Lord

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
I wasn't trash talking, what I meant is compared to our skill level we placed fairly well on big scale tourney. I don't trash talk people unless they trash talk me. Also I was talking about myself as well and what I meant that we didn't exacly shine as the best players there and I was suprised we placed nicely on teams compared to our skill level. My other comment was that he wasn't super amazing, aka best peach in the world and so on, but I wasn't saying he sucked or anything either and it did seem to me and to him that I was a bit better at that time. <_> Just to clarify things a bit here. >_>

Oh and I play pokemon too. I win. :p
I don't think you should have taken my comment that seriously. =p

Bring your critters to ESA2 and I'll give them a good schooling. =]

TelpeFion

Smash Lord
Adam is really good, I think no-one should underestimate him because if he has a really good day, he can go head to head with the best in Europe.

As a side note I think Dutch players are definitely worse in teams than singles. Is there any real reason for this? Not saying the Dutch are bad in teams, just noticeably worse than in singles.

A-D

Smash Journeyman
thnx but please don't say anymore things like that `_`
i think i get too much credit for what i do
and really you guyz are overrating me

So back on topic now ^^

JD i dont know if my question earlier was answered but i asked if you was going to Post the pools aswell when the seeding is done
or will you make the Pools @ Epita?

&nd TelpeFion : I think The real reason why dutch players are worse in teams than in singles is because Nihonjin Represents the Dutch ...and as you know allot of people would like 2 be as good as him or get recodnizion for being good in 1v1 so they train for singles till their dutch heads fall of...
but i can assure you that the dutch teamwork is stepping up ^^

Exalador

Smash Lord
ok Adam.... you suck... your not worth ****!
you need to train man because you are so bad!
And i won't give you any credit unless you get a top 5 finish at ESA2.... pfffffff you must be about the worst player ever! except for me that is >_>

there.. is that better?

A-D

Smash Journeyman
ghehe yes ..so now you saying those words makes me wanna challenge you to a mm @ epita^^
let's say falcon nes:o?( or a normal lol, whatever you like )

Exalador

Smash Lord
BRING IT!~

and well do it in a manly way! no best of 5 crap for a couple of euro... every single match we play is for €1! agreed? counterpicks alowed, but through tourney rules ^^

(oh man this is gonna cost me some money)

but basicly your falcon vs my 'any' right?

Slhoka

Smash Lord
JD i dont know if my question earlier was answered but i asked if you was going to Post the pools aswell when the seeding is done
or will you make the Pools @ Epita?

We will do it before the tourney.
I think most informations are in the first post, don't hesitate and read it, JD often updates it ;)

Joanna Dark

Smash Ace
for the moment we can't have you transfer the money but we're doing our best to make that possible. meanwhile, your best chance to confirm your attendance to the tournament is by booking your plane or train tickets :)
if you are going to the tournament in norway "GulNer!" I will be there and I will be able to take entry fees from people who want to pay and confirm (and if you're already booked, just know that it's helping us a lot to get the money in advance).

Aldwyn McCloud

Smash Ace

@ Marc: if you don't think there are hot female smashers in Europe you really shouldn't have missed RoS4. I didn't see many hot swedish blondes but there was one ****1ng hot Norwegian girl named Shin.. I believe about half of the smashers were trying to have business with her or something..

Samochan

Smash Master
@ Marc: if you don't think there are hot female smashers in Europe you really shouldn't have missed RoS4. I didn't see many hot swedish blondes but there was one ****1ng hot Norwegian girl named Shin.. I believe about half of the smashers were trying to have business with her or something..
I'm not pretty enough for you? ;_; You break my heart Aldwyn. :<

Not really. :p I should be glad to not have horny male smashers ganging up on me lol.

Top Bottom