• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Epita Smash Arena 2 - Paris - 23 & 24 February 2008 - Up to 256 Players !

Smasher89

Smash Lord
hmm, "get's scared and hopes to not underestimate any spanish smasher" ;P not really, but I think i´tll be interesting which players advance to the brackets. And how it goes for germany/spain in most players to the brackets/second pool :p

Catharsis

Smash Apprentice
Well, I only said:
I don't have international tournament experience, so I gonna practise to pass the first pool, as a first goal : P

So, don't have a big expectation about me. I gonna try to do it the best I can.
And actually Im not a spaniard, Im from Argentina, so your jokes about surnames are stupid. Well, you guess good with Peyudo xDDD

But I have surnames of Spain, Greece, Poland and Ucrania. And there's no one that finishes in -ez, dude.

Luffy Dahean

Smash Apprentice
I hope the Spanish guys will **** at this tournament.. They didn't make a big number out of them selves, but the Dutch guys are still laughing at them. Wtf? We know nothing about their skill level yet.

Like for instance Mexico. Rob$ (former American pro smasher) went there to attend a tournament, and he got beat by several good players there. So there's no need to judge these guys only because they don't have the same experience as you. After all, there are maybe 2-3 European tournaments a year. Except for that, we only play within our own community. The big international tournament rarely happens in Europe anyway, then how much could it matter?

And I hope the underdogs will do well at this tournament =)
Thank you, man.

Thank you all for the support given to spanish smashers lol

Joanna Dark

Smash Ace
Here is what I know of the Spanish community :
Barely 10 people or less can L-cancel.
They didn't have many tournaments compared to the main smash countries in Europe.
They never faced anyone decent from the European community as we know it for the moment.
They kinda talk like arrogant newbies (not always, not everyone, not so much, I'm just making a point).
Their best videos are ok...
So yeah, we're not underestimating anyone, we're just appreciating your community with what we know.

Just like Coen, I'll accept any money match with anyone from Spain (5€ at least), and also with anyone from anywhere ^^. (but I really don't expect to lose against any Spanish player...).

on another note, I edited the first post again, added some informations about how to get to the venue from train stations and bus stations ^^.

Again, dear spanish smashers, no offense :)

Catharsis

Smash Apprentice
Well, and I insist that I probably don't be a surprise. But you're understimating Over and Dahean. I don't say that all you are gonna be pwnd, but I think that more than one of you may lose money ._.

Take profit: a list of people who wanna make MM against Spanish players and asure that they can't lose against them.

peyudosmith

Smash Journeyman
Oh yeah sorry I meant people who can consistently L-cancel...
You won't make a point in there, your informations are pretty wrong I see. Just wait for the tourney and we will talk about it. speaking means nothing for now.
I also think that Over and Dahean can beat all the people that wrote a single word in the last three pages of this thread. Not joking, no offense either.

Acherontic for president, don't be mad about what JD said, it is not true.

pd: I MM both Coen and JD if you want to.

pd2: let's have fun :D :D

Faab

Smash Ace
People in the last 3 pages who will crush the spanish. Adam, Zgetto, JD and cort. The others will most likely win aswell. I can't believe you still talk that rubbish when you go to tournaments, that **** is only for noobs >_>.

Jeffz0r

Smash Champion
Lol, Spain will be getting *****. Over and Dahaen beating JD, zgetto, adam, cort, yuna, fox128, coen, ivo and more? You crack me up XD
I'll mm any Spanish smasher for 2 euro's (sorry I never mm for more), best of 3, tourney rules.

(You should be scared of me btw, I use l-cancel... LOL :p)

Jeffz0r

Smash Champion
I already promised a mm against you ache, so don't start *****ing to me, lol XD

EDIT: I watched matches of them too Adam and I'm not saying I'd win 100%, but I would definately not get *****.

°UÇK

Smash Journeyman

Luffy Dahean

Smash Apprentice
Is enough, really. I dont want a discussion between players who said Spain sux or people who said "Over and Dahean will ****". I know that some spanish smashers will get powned in the first pools, like other smashers from other countries will. Deal with it.

I dont know If I can beat those players you quoted, Jeffz0r, but really, I dont care, I just play for win, I dont care if you are stronger than me or not, I will just play for win against all players, giving my hand before and after the battle, and thats all.

I could play lot of money matches, just send me an MP telling me the money, sets and, if you want, characters (I could play any character, but serious, no MM like "Your Bowser VS my Sheik", please, If you dont care about characters, I will probably use Marth.

peyudosmith

Smash Journeyman
jeffzor, if you wanna lose money then I'll money match you too.

Oh, and I didn't even notice that Cort posted on the last three pages. I consider Cort is better than Over and Dahean for now at least. However, I really believe they could beat the other people who posted.

And yeah Acherontic, I got a pair of balls. I expect to play over some people's expectations in the tourney :D :D

pd: I shall not offense you, and I think I will leave this non-sense discussion for now on.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
I'm going to need a teammate for this.

Im me at Heihachi90 or post here. Thanks. ^_^

Luffy Dahean

Smash Apprentice
well, by now most of you/ the dutchies probably looked them up on youtube but there you go:
Grand Finals of the National Spanish Tournament; dehean vs over
I fought pretty bad in that match ^^'

I beat Over in a regional tournament (Madrid, our city) playing Sheik in finals (Sheik ditto), Over, K-12 and me are players with the same level, When you main Marth its hard to beat a Sheik player of your own level (if Sheik player is worse than you, its easy to beat him, no matter the character). If I have to fight a good Sheik player at Epita I will probably switch to Sheik or a space animal ^-^

$hYne

Smash Ace
Germany, but i dont use this account anymore, my n
Good **** dudes stop discussing who's better, i hate that ...
Probably spain underestimate the rest of Europe and they gonna get *****
or probably the rest of Europe underestimates spain and the gonna get *****
but seriously WHO CARES ?

We'll see in February ...

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
I MM anyone. And I mean anyone.
I'm not doing it because I'm sure to win, but because most people are playing really serious when money is in the picture :p

And money isn't everything. ;)

Alucard: Let's say I'm doing a mystery gift match, and you don't need to give me a mystery gift if you lose. And maybe I can give you what you want wether you win or not. What was it again? A picture and a signature or something like that? :p

TelpeFion

Smash Lord
Ivo, we're gonna see what spanish smashers can do at the tourney and then you go and speak about it. I say to you the same thing I said to Luma.
I bet at least 5 spanish smashers coming to Paris are gonna crush you in a best-of-3 match :D :D
How did this not get flamed more? I'd bet 10 € on Ivo not losing to 5 Spanish smashers. Think more; Ivo is an established player in Europe. There is no way 5 people from Spain could beat him, because experience really does matter.

To Jeffrey: Yeah, only one Finn made it to the bracket at RoS4. However, when did we say stuff like "all the Finns are going to make it to the bracket" or stuff like that? We didn't, all that happened was that you said you didn't think any Finns would make the bracket.

A-D

Smash Journeyman
ya got that right calle O_O

Btw we watched a swedish movie 2day @ school O_o ****ing Amal ya know the movie ?
about the lesbian girlss `_~

Top Bottom