• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Enemies of the Crown: King Dedede Matchup Thread (SERIN IS IN CHARGE NOW NOT GATES)

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Ok, it's been long enough.

MARIO DISCUSSION CLOSED.
SAMUS DISCUSSION GO!

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
DDD vs SAMUS= 80-20 in DDD favor with NO ICG.

Samus has zair a missles which COULD collect a nice load of % on ddd. That is, untill they learn to power shield and approach. Once this happens they can CG across FD and throw for like 40-50% damage. This take 10 homing missles or 12 zairs to catch up to that massive amount of damage. Sure, we could try and F/D/U smash but it doesnt matter, your grabs are fast and long and if we mess up JUST ONCE....BOOOM 40-50% damage. THE ONLY THING WE CAN DO is weaken your shield slightly and then do a falling U-air to UP+B but even then thats on 11-14% damage. And even then, thats assuming u dont see it coming and uptilt.

DDD vs SAMUS= 100-0 in DDD favor with ICG.

Samus is part of the sad 6. You can infinite us(even thought u gotta pummel ever 4-5 grabs) till what ever you feel like then back throw for easy KOs. There is no hope and its 100% unwinnable for Samus. That is why i ban that tech at all of my events and try and get his ICG banned at each event i attend. It makes an already near impossible match-up, impossible.

If you need any more, xyro will always help.

Xyro77

trust me. The average person does not get out of grabs. Then you narrow it down to SAMUS users and lol ggs.

bobson

Smash Lord
Come on, guys, I just linked this.
The average person (me) can break out until around 70-85%. Crazy people like Reflex can break out around 100-120%. The most dextrous monk in the world trained for months in button mashing could break out around 150-200%.

Five standing regrabs into a chaingrab across the stage puts you quite a bit closer to 80% than you were, though.

Vayseth

Smash Master
I think we forget the main point here. There are 5 standing grabs you can't get out of NO MATTER WHAT. So, if you are grabbed on one side of the level, that's EASY 10+ grabs on Samus which is over 80%. No other character has a guaranteed 0-80% that isn't the ice climbers.

So, it's safe to say.. this match up is whack.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
I think we forget the main point here. There are 5 standing grabs you can't get out of NO MATTER WHAT. So, if you are grabbed on one side of the level, that's EASY 10+ grabs on Samus which is over 80%. No other character has a guaranteed 0-80% that isn't the ice climbers.

10agrees.
any good or smart Samus main will camp balls in this match-up. we z air and missile cancel like there's no tomorrow. we generally CP FD so we can actually camp well.

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
In this case...
we need to ban final destination for this matchup.
And Samus's up smash will actually connect all the way to the knockback frame on big targets like King Dedede and will deal like 25%...

Xyro77

THANK YOU for seeing the truth

In this case...
And Samus's up smash will actually connect all the way to the knockback frame on big targets like King Dedede and will deal like 25%...
ban FD and pkmn 1

B8RPE

Smash Cadet
Please be merciful. This is my opinion and some of my views on the matchup lol.

Dedede vs Samus matchup

Okay, first thing is first, Dedede can infinite and normal chain grab Samus like crazy. When up against Samus, the Waddle Dees and Doos can provide as a shield to all of Samus' projectiles when she is on the ground. So basically, the only thing you may need to worry about is Samus' grapple beam(or Z button attack) when she is in the air. Samus really doesnt have the potential to KO a heavy with brute strength. Most Samus mains try to KO with a spike or use projectiles while you are off stage. Dedede can just chain grab her to the edge and back air till she is far enough to not come back to the stage. Hmm...what else? Im not sure how early Dedede can KO Samus, but probably around 80%-90% give or take. So yeah, if im wrong about anything just tell me. I tested all of this so im sure there wont be alot of changes.

Also some counterpicks......yeah......not sure lol.

Rainbow Cruise- Lots of space for Dedede to exploit his recovery. The walls are very close for Dedede to KO Samus early.

Jungle Japes-Ahh yes, Japes. People counterpick this just to avoid the up tilt KO, but then there is the water. With Samus' recovery, this would make somewhat of a perfect counterpick(opinion). I mean throw Samus in the water on the left side and she is pretty much not coming back.

B8RPE

Smash Cadet
:luigi2:

Also i think i see a mistake or something has just been discovered or w/e, but can Weegee really be normal chain grabbed by Dedede? I thought due to the fact that Luigi slides after a down throw makes it difficult to chain grab. Instead there's always the infinite. :urg:

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
In this case...

not gunna lie, an Up smash will not save us from your pesky grabs. Suprised Xyro didn't chew you out for that :laugh:
it's his favorite thing to do lol

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
Yes, he can. Only the pros can do it right now. Its frame perfect.
I've been practicing it, and it's not terribly difficult to do consistantly. I'm hopefully going to a friend's house who mains Luigi, so I can get some human practice in.

By the way, how long ago was this discovered?

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I've been practicing it, and it's not terribly difficult to do consistantly. I'm hopefully going to a friend's house who mains Luigi, so I can get some human practice in.

17,000 years ago.

CAN WE PLEASE STOP TALKING ABOUT THIS NOW?

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion

not gunna lie, an Up smash will not save us from your pesky grabs. Suprised Xyro didn't chew you out for that :laugh:
it's his favorite thing to do lol
I'm sure it can be anyone's favorite thing to do with Samus if you get all of the frames successfully lol...
And a falling up air on King Dedede can lead to the satisfying up smash :).

Bwa

Smash Cadet
I usually play online against samus, and a samus will just spam side b / Zair / Usmash / Uair (sometimes Bup), and try to kill with her ******* Bair / fully charged neutral B.

But our Bair is too good, so I think our chaingrab is not our main advantage (unless we can infinite).

I'd say 65-35 without infinite, 80-20 with.

(I know, online sucks, but maybe I'm right?)

B8RPE

Smash Cadet
I usually play online against samus, and a samus will just spam side b / Zair / Usmash / Uair (sometimes Bup), and try to kill with her ******* Bair / fully charged neutral B.

But our Bair is too good, so I think our chaingrab is not our main advantage (unless we can infinite).

lol from that first part, you mind as well say every attack Samus has lol jk. But I kinda agree on the matchup percent you have though.

Bwa

Smash Cadet
Now you say that, yes, they are all samus' best moves =o)

Oh, forgot Fair :laugh:

Vayseth

Smash Master
As far as Samus's missiles go, ftilt and waddles stop her them, while waddles disrupt any of her other main camping abilities. She can camp this match up, but she's gotta work really hard and be a freakin' surgeon with that zair.

Zip.

Smash Lord

yeah B air outprioritizes almost all of samus's aerials right?
and yeah, 65-35 w/o infinite seems right..
also..OMFG its charles and TUSM :p

T3h Albino

Smash Master
17,000 years ago.

CAN WE PLEASE STOP TALKING ABOUT THIS NOW?
I honestly don't know how people are just figuring this out either.

good luck 0-o
;B

B8RPE

Smash Cadet
Really? I gotta start going to your tournies. I can't even small step CG wherever I go.
lol well such restrictions like "No infinites" make some characters like Ice Climbers not playable or fun to play against. I like such challenges cause it trains me to not let it happen to me again. The only common restriction in all tourneys is the MK cape glitch which i dont see anyone use anymore.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I don't feel like updating the OP, but go ahead and talk about Bowser and Falcon. I really just wanna get this **** done.

T3h Albino

Smash Master
lol well such restrictions like "No infinites" make some characters like Ice Climbers not playable or fun to play against. I like such challenges cause it trains me to not let it happen to me again. The only common restriction in all tourneys is the MK cape glitch which i dont see anyone use anymore.
they ban infinites and say in the rules that ic's can still use theres
your lucky infinites are legal where you are mang v_v

Egg Fu Yung

Smash Journeyman
It didnt get answered in the other thread so yeah:

What is "Ledge Infinite"? Is it the grab release crap or is it the Dthrow near a ledge crap? And does it seriously work on Wario and Wolf? Ive never seen it before in my life.

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
It didnt get answered in the other thread so yeah:

What is "Ledge Infinite"? Is it the grab release crap or is it the Dthrow near a ledge crap? And does it seriously work on Wario and Wolf? Ive never seen it before in my life.
Ledge infinite is where you down throw someone and you can regrab him after the guy falls a little bit before touching the ledge.
Does not work on Wario or Wolf...

B8RPE

Smash Cadet
they ban infinites and say in the rules that ic's can still use theres
your lucky infinites are legal where you are mang v_v
Well the usual infinites have their limits in tourneys. They limit them to like 300%. You mind as well say 999% cause I havent seen anyone survive in a tourney with 300% damage on a stock lol

Top Bottom