• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Emukiller Plus Other People: The Mewtwo Video Thread

oRi0n

Smash Rookie
Yeah, I have to say, Taj gave Ally the biggest challenge, and I think Taj should have taken it. KDJ and M2k didn't quite come as close.

I think the only think Taj may be missing is tuning up a little on the new mechanics, but he doesn't even practice the game.
Um... M2K didn't play Ally? I don't think we really have much basis for assessing his Mewtwo vs. floaties (or strong players with swords folk). From what I've seen M2K handled pretty much every fastfaller he played. The only vids of him against floaties in competitive play I've seen are vs. Rolex's MK and Aramad's Pit. M2K won the Rolex match (and seemed to be in control for most of it, though Rolex made a valiant attempt at a comeback), and nobody can blame him for losing to Armada's Pit. Everybody lost to Armada's Pit - his play was just ridiculous.

I would love to see some of these guys play Mewtwo against a good Mario and a good Ganon. Those have been by far the hardest matchups for me playing with my friends. Mario is so floaty that he's almost impossible to combo, and his moves have a ton of priority. Ganon is hard only because his fair beats everything. I think you can beat Ganon just playing keep-away and shadow balling him to death, but u make 1 mistake and he destroys you for it.

Youngster Joey

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4871-5018-1679
this might not be fully mewtwo related but im featured in this community combo video so i thought i'd share it. keep in mind its 3.0 and not 3.02. this is kinda old and i didnt even know what DJC was at the time so be nice :S

my tag is "EVIL!" any other tag is not me.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-ZRqgwmvHY

i thought i should mention this was an all wifi vid :p

Last edited:

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
How is he in doubles? He seems like he takes up a lot of space :s

ItalianStallion

Smash Journeyman
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rz02_6QOag

This is a video from "Don't Get 4 Stocked", a recent Central California tourney. It's one long video with all the singles matches in the tourney. I'm posting it here because if you look at the time stamps in the about section of the video, you'll find a best 3 out of 5 Mewtwo ditto money match between myself and Choknater near the end. There's not much footage of me, so I figured posting this is a start.

EDIT: Oh, also the commentary echos badly, so yeah.

Last edited:

AstraEDM

Smash Ace
I would love to see some of these guys play Mewtwo against a good Mario and a good Ganon. Those have been by far the hardest matchups for me playing with my friends. Mario is so floaty that he's almost impossible to combo, and his moves have a ton of priority. Ganon is hard only because his fair beats everything. I think you can beat Ganon just playing keep-away and shadow balling him to death, but u make 1 mistake and he destroys you for it.
M2K beat hbox's Mario pretty soundly at shuffle v, the vids are up on vgbootcamp. It looks like power shielding fireballs and gimps with bair did it for him

ItalianStallion

Smash Journeyman
M2K beat hbox's Mario pretty soundly at shuffle v, the vids are up on vgbootcamp. It looks like power shielding fireballs and gimps with bair did it for him
I would agree practically 100%. If you get hampered by fireballs with Mewtwo, you're done. If you can't get your bair gimps when the opportunity arises, you're done. Mario is a very tough match-up for Mewtwo in my experience. Ganon is tough as well, but Mewtwo can cheese him out. Zelda is very tough for me. You can't out-camp her, and her defensive game is better than your approach game. Maybe I need to abuse teleport approaches and hover bairs against her or something.

AstraEDM

Smash Ace
I would agree practically 100%. If you get hampered by fireballs with Mewtwo, you're done. If you can't get your bair gimps when the opportunity arises, you're done. Mario is a very tough match-up for Mewtwo in my experience. Ganon is tough as well, but Mewtwo can cheese him out. Zelda is very tough for me. You can't out-camp her, and her defensive game is better than your approach game. Maybe I need to abuse teleport approaches and hover bairs against her or something.
Honestly, ganon is one of my best MUs right now, maybe just cause I get a lot of practice, but m2 can abuse his movement options and pester ganon with shadowballs until he's at percent to throw off and gimp, not to mention the low percent combos he can get.

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
Mewtwo does have a little trouble with Ganon. On paper I think Mewtwo should win overall, but my main practice partner uses Ganon and Mewtwo's moves don't have enough hitstun on Ganon for him to not be able to punish you.

ItalianStallion

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, Ganon isn't an easy match-up, but he can be cheesed out with shadowball camping and mid percent gimps. You can't challenge Ganon for too long. Hit and run tactics (Or rather hit and teleport tactics) are your best bet.

-Fatality-

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FatalityFalcon
3DS FC
3695-0049-3723
This was my first tournament using Mewtwo, I'm a Falcon main primarily, and picked him up a few weeks ago.
Here's a video from Cute Cats 6 yesterday, me vs DruggedFox's Sheik in Grand Finals.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82COc3lJb0E&feature=youtu.be
Being pretty new to the character, I'm probably pretty sloppy, feel free to rip me to shreds guys lol, looking to learn what I can.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium

Shiny Mewtwo aka Jigglysir

PhD; Smash Community Studies
Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
Updated the OP. If I missed someone, let me know. Something weird was going on with the collapse tags for Taj's videos, so I removed them. For some reason each individual video had it's own spoiler box. It's not a big problem right now while there are only two videos, but it could get annoying in the future when there are more. If anyone knows how to fix that let me know.

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer

Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941

Master Raven

Smash Master
Here are three videos of my ****ty Mewtwo from CEO Prologue. I managed to nab 7th out of 70+ entrants, but there's a lot I need to work on. As a player with a Brawl background, it's mainly Melee mechanics. You won't find anything too flashy here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOGmIJXF3b4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54336pRf_zg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_2zbqimF_8

Mainly what I've been practicing since then are teledgehogs (EVERY side b I do on the edge in these matches are supposed to be a teledgehog) and more mixups out of teleport. One of my friends also told me how to edgehog tether recoveries after watching my set with Hungrybox on stream.

ComposedJam

Smash Cadet

Master Raven

Smash Master

Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
Last edited:

EmuKiller

Smash Ace
EmuKiller?! More like... FREEmuKiller!!!!!!
Thanks for the support metaknight0! Wish I could use down-B like you I just can't handle how much startup it has. And yeah guys I seriously got lucky though, so many good players I didn't have to run into but I guess that's just how tournaments work

Last edited:

Zoa

Smash Ace
>Sick today and off work
>Manages to catch up on SKTAR3 videos
>Watches Emukiller's M2

This **** real? Those were the hypest matches since I finished watching Professor Pro and Rolex go at it. Grats on handling ESAM's Samus. That looked really hard trying to get through that missile wall.

Master Raven

Smash Master
Thanks for the support metaknight0! Wish I could use down-B like you I just can't handle how much startup it has. And yeah guys I seriously got lucky though, so many good players I didn't have to run into but I guess that's just how tournaments work
Everyone is affected by bracket luck, but your bracket was stacked as **** jesus.

Top Bottom