• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Emukiller Plus Other People: The Mewtwo Video Thread

MetaKnight0

Smash Lord

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
some new videos posted on my channel from our recent live streamed smashfest

Washington has LOTS of mewtwo players... unfortunately only 2 of them were captured at my recent smashfest. Terry J (who unfortunately got matched up with 2 very tough opponents in myself and bladewise) and blu2 who has been doing some fun experimenting with teleports and hover.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kBDpyL7XHs&list=PLwkVzVDC0Vy-MrTvw5xUcsYtmATc2PfNt&index=3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkmYRqWqWhQ&list=PLwkVzVDC0Vy-MrTvw5xUcsYtmATc2PfNt&index=8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wifxqb9Zye4&list=PLwkVzVDC0Vy-MrTvw5xUcsYtmATc2PfNt&index=4
If you want to support Washington smash and/or 62-bit Gaming - or you want to see more Mewtwo in general - please follow, like, and subscribe to the following links!

www.youtube.com/gimpyfish62
www.facebook.com/62bitgaming
www.twitter.com/62bitgaming
www.62bitgaming.tumblr.com

Shiny Mewtwo aka Jigglysir

PhD; Smash Community Studies
Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
Just added the first videos to the OP! Only a month after release, nbd :p

atm I don't have any specific order for the players listed in the OP, do you guys think I should order it alphabetically or just leave it as is, adding more people underneath as time goes?
Hmm Metakight0 best current Mewtwo main?
idk about that, there's probably plenty of Mewtwos that we haven't even seen yet *coughcoughTajcoughcough* that might be better than MK0

Besides, at this point I think M2K is better, even if his playstyle is a bit basic lol

Xethos

Smash Cadet
M2k is just better as the player, so his m2 is better technically. I could see mk0 doing really well as a m2. And Taj, where the heck are you?!?!?!?!

2 C H i L L E D

Eternal Hitstun
3DS FC
3956-0619-2163
M2k is just better as the player, so his m2 is better technically. I could see mk0 doing really well as a m2. And Taj, where the heck are you?!?!?!?!
Oh and just because M2k is the better player doesn't mean his Mewtwo is better. If that was the case Taj definitely wouldn't hold the title of "Best Mewtwo" in melee.

Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
Oh and just because M2k is the better player doesn't mean his Mewtwo is better.
In the context of M2K vs mid-low level players, ie pretty much everyone who's posted in this thread, it does :)

Also M2K's Mewtwo is pretty damn good in it's own right lol

Xethos does bring up a good point tho, WHERE THE HECK IS TAJ????????????

2 C H i L L E D

Eternal Hitstun
3DS FC
3956-0619-2163
In the context of M2K vs mid-low level players, ie pretty much everyone who's posted in this thread, it does :)

Also M2K's Mewtwo is pretty damn good in it's own right lol

Xethos does bring up a good point tho, WHERE THE HECK IS TAJ????????????
But that still doesn't mean he has the best Mewtwo, just means he's playing people alot worse than he is. If we're following that logic M2k has best every character then.... -_-
His Mewtwo is decent in PM, it's HIM that's pretty damn good, he ain't no Taj.

Xethos

Smash Cadet
But that still doesn't mean he has the best Mewtwo, just means he's playing people alot worse than he is. If we're following that logic M2k has best every character then.... -_-
His Mewtwo is decent in PM, it's HIM that's pretty damn good, he ain't no Taj.
Yeah thats pretty much what i was trying to get at lol. M2K just has that high level experience that makes him good. His m2 is pretty good because of that (not that its its carry over of skill only tho, he DOES have experience as m2). If Mk0 for example, was at the same general level as m2k, he would be by no doubt the better m2. But he isnt sadly, so he will train and maybe reach there one day.

McNinja

Smash Ace
Hmm Metakight0 best current Mewtwo MAIN?
Don't think m2k mains mewtwo in pm does he? I was mainly looking at people who main mewtwo. I assume Taj is better, but i haven't seen any videos so untill then i'm going with Mk0 for best mewtwo main.

Xethos

Smash Cadet
Oh haha. Skipped over that one word. Then yes, of what we have seen, mk0 is the best mewtwo. Now im just waiting taj to get out and reveal himself as a PMer...

Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
Oh haha. Skipped over that one word. Then yes, of what we have seen, mk0 is the best mewtwo. Now im just waiting taj to get out and reveal himself as a PMer...
Only 2 more weeks, he's registered for PM at Apex.

Not Melee though, which is a bit of a disappointment :(

Xethos

Smash Cadet
Are you serious?!?!?! That makes me happy and sad at the same time... it also makes me wish that I had the time to go to apex...

Roche_CL

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, what use do you see to SideB and DownB?
I think there are always better moves, or sometimes grabing or sheilding is a better option, what do you guys say?

edit: sry my bad, didn't read that this was a video thread :(

Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
Neon Black's m2

Game 1 starts around 30 mins

http://www.twitch.tv/ssbuniversity/b/492985742
He has a pretty good Mewtwo. Only thing I would suggest is that he should stop trying to go for the flashy spikes when he can get an easy edgehog instead.

Are those matches going to be uploaded to youtube by any chance? I don't want to put twitch archives in the OP as they have a tendency to disappear lol

Frost | Odds

Puddings: 1 /// Odds: 0
He has a pretty good Mewtwo. Only thing I would suggest is that he should stop trying to go for the flashy spikes when he can get an easy edgehog instead.

Are those matches going to be uploaded to youtube by any chance? I don't want to put twitch archives in the OP as they have a tendency to disappear lol
Yeah, I always tell him that, but he's pretty dumb sometimes.

Will prolly be on youtube at some point. I'll repost if/when it is.

Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
Yeah, I always tell him that, but he's pretty dumb sometimes.

Will prolly be on youtube at some point. I'll repost if/when it is.
Great, thanks!
Ugh, all these people playing armored mewtwo. Everybody knows og mewtwo is where it's at.
The smart people know Shiny Mewtwo is where it's at.

#memasterrace

StriderAaron360

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheBlueStrider
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zf3XkW9x1p4&feature=youtu.be

A recent match of mine. The reason why I'm playing really skittish is because I know how easy it is for Falcon to get jab, grab, d throw, knee. All in all, I don't think I did that bad, especially considering this is one of Mewtwo's worst match ups. I won another one, but I didn't record it. (stupid!)

Burnsy

Smash Lord
Yep! Unless it's a different Taj from Arizona who's registered for PM and Melee doubles
Nope, it's definitely THE Taj, lol. But I don't wanna get everyones hopes up too much, we had to constantly bug him and offered to pay for him to enter at APEX. Hes still a bit lukewarm to Project M and certainly doesn't practice any P:M specific techs like HC (although he is aware of them) or even really play P:M often.

Still, we got to see his P:M Mewtwo last Saturday at a tournament here in AZ and it was pretty exciting. One of his matches got streamed, I'll put the link up here once my buddy tells me which channel it was on.

Last edited:

Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
Nope, it's definitely THE Taj, lol. But I don't wanna get everyones hopes up too much, we had to constantly bug him and offered to pay for him to enter at APEX. Hes still a bit lukewarm to Project M and certainly doesn't practice any P:M specific techs like HC (although he is aware of them) or even really play P:M often.
That's a bit disappointing :( Hopefully he does well at Apex and uses that as a reason to start playing PM more.
Still, we got to see his P:M Mewtwo last Saturday at a tournament here in AZ and it was pretty exciting. One of his matches got streamed, I'll put the link up here once my buddy tells me which channel it was on.
That's awesome! I can't wait to see it :)

2 C H i L L E D

Eternal Hitstun
3DS FC
3956-0619-2163
Taj was pretty nice there. Had some godly DI, and he showed me extra usage of confusion and disable. Teleport mixups were nice wasn't using Hover that often but he was playing Peach so that probably had something to do with it. That set was epic btw.

Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941

Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
M2K playing Mewtwo against RaynEx in friendlies at McSmasther right now. He's actually doing some PM specific stuff (attacking out of teleport, using confusion to extend combos, I saw him hover once or twice). http://www.twitch.tv/vgbootcamp here's the stream, singles should be starting soon. Hoping to see more Mewtwo from M2K.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
Maybe this info will help you guys in the Mewtwo forums. I'll give some detail into my interactions with M2k and his Mewtwo at Canada's largest event this past weekend. I'm a Pit main, wolf secondary.

In friendlies, I couldn't get more than 2 stocks off him as wolf. In tournament we did Pit v Marth twice, then I CPed stadium and went Wolf. He switched to Mewtwo and 3 stocked me handily. He basically killed me off every single grab no questions asked. Uthrow, SH (Delay) DJC fair, regrab, uthrow -> whatever you want. That combo is super consistent and not that difficult so it seems pretty foolproof (and you all know M2k is the king of efficiency). If uthrow sent me on a platform, he would techchase with fair which worked better than any other aerial. Fair's increased knockback made it so that when I crouch-canceled after being sent on the platform (even as low as 30%) the fair grounded me instantly for a free techchase. Ultimately CCing didn't help at all against fair techchase on platforms even at low percents (very very key). He would sometimes teleport fair if he couldn't reach me in time as well.

When we talked afterwards he stressed that he thinks Mewtwo is at his best against fastfallers and that he gets mauled by floaties most of the time (this is true in Melee as well). His grabs don't provide too much damage outside of the FFers (Fox / Falco / Wolf / Falcon) and its tougher to edge-guard floatier characters by virtue of their non-linear recoveries. We both agreed that Mewtwo was better than his melee counterpart but still suffers from a few of the same weaknesses.

Also floating out and double or triple bairing is near impossible to avoid as space animals, take my word for it.

Hope this small insight was useful!

Top Bottom