• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Emukiller Plus Other People: The Mewtwo Video Thread

artofskjet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
napperflames
3DS FC
4141-3810-2708
Finally got our recording setup working. If ya'll have critiques for my roommate, would love to hear them.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLBrRLZw3HFH44zGyjn5xSK6Vh_00vfmne

Obviously that's way too many matches to really go through meaningfully. Prolly more productive to just pick one.
I watched a couple and the 1st one was ok compared to the rest. He seemed to play better over time. He was still missing some teleport hovered bair spacing ad dair - teleport fair is a combo at some percents. just saying that if he sees someone above him in teleport range after a dair. I laughed just about everrytime when you went for a down-b recovery with Bowser and got ledge-hogged. You should stop that

Plebiscuit

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
CARL#168
Does anyone have gameplay vids from 3.5? I'm having trouble finding them.

Darkoness21

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0576-4758-7122
Yo Zero you did pretty well with your agression in both games. One thing I noticed is that you were kinda fishing for those grabs which made your options predictable to read.

Garr

Smash Apprentice
https://youtu.be/gEN4vyx2Up8 (game 3 for Mewtwo)
https://youtu.be/zPx-_evtZQ0

Well, after a long-ass summer grind, I can safely assume my neutral got much better. Mewtwo's kit really shines when you use more of his options in a more reactionary style. These two guys are players that were my demons for a while, so it warms my heart to TRASH once of them and keep up with the other consistently.

Oh, and tech flubs incoming LOL. Fear, the worst MU.

Last edited:

Zach777

Smash Journeyman
Garr Garr

That was a great set you had against Jelly, Garr.

From what I could tell, MK has the advantage if he is close to you in the air. I would try to keep a little bit of distance from MK in the air and try to hit him with bair when I deem it safe.

It seemed like you could have tried to uair him more when MK was above you. He would have to come down with ff nair to challenge you and that would be punishable by grab oos or nair oos.

If MK is facing you in the air and your on the ground you might be able to bait a fair by running towards him then pivoting (or dd other way) into a bair.

Stop getting caught off guard by his downb. Be prepared to just hold shield when he starts downb.

Also, shoot shadowballs whenever you feel that MK is staying too much on the ground. It forces MK to do something other than dtilting.

Side note: MK has a kind of slow dair, keep that in mind.

Hope this helps and sorry I cannot be of more help.

Top Bottom