• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Emukiller Plus Other People: The Mewtwo Video Thread

Nguz95

Smash Lord
Like Brawl. Mewtwo can't handle the bacon very well, so he basically has to wait for G&W to make a mistake. I imagine he'll spend a considerable amount of time poking with ftilt and trying to get some breathing room. At least teleport will give him some options to approach, otherwise he would struggle mightily in the mu.

Vale

Smash Ace
Like Brawl. Mewtwo can't handle the bacon very well, so he basically has to wait for G&W to make a mistake. I imagine he'll spend a considerable amount of time poking with ftilt and trying to get some breathing room. At least teleport will give him some options to approach, otherwise he would struggle mightily in the mu.

My two-minute tests in training mode and vs lvl 3 cpu (so, basically, not at all useful) looked like a fully charged shadow ball breaks through bacon, and a small one can get through gaps in the paths the bacon makes if he uses it repeatedly. Wavedashing back and throwing a ball might work against bacon spam, but smart mid range use seems like it could be a problem. Teleporting does seem like it would help. Based on the stage, one might be able to go to the top platform and then teleport/approach from there (although G&W nair could pose a problem here).

Xethos

Smash Cadet
My mewtwo does worst against squirtle, g&w, and Kirby. Maybe just my play style.

Anyways, I have just ordered some recording equipment that should arrive in two weeks. I have finals so Ill try my best to discover some tricks with mewtwo. Already got a few from the hour I played yesterday. I will also post tricks to matchups for mewtwo, hopefully on a bi or tri weekly basis. Keep in mind I am doing this for my other main, snake, as well; so it's going to be a tad bit slow. I'll also bring some of my mewtwo matches for you guys to critique. If you are interested in the matchups and tutorials, my friends and I plan on using a shared account as we all create our own ones for all our characters. I'll inform you when the channel is up.

MetaKnight0

Smash Lord

Vale

Smash Ace
Is this thread for combo videos, posting for critiques, or both? Just wondering, because I plan to get a streaming/recording setup for Christmas.

Xethos

Smash Cadet
I'm a little busy as of now so I only saw the first. I will edit this when I see the rest.

Your game is pretty solid, but it's too meleeish if you know what I mean. I don't blame you, I'm porting my mewtwo over from melee as well, but to keep up with the competition of pm you have to make use of all of mewtwo's tools. Using float and act out of up b is a nice way to kill through the ceiling. Also mewtwo's bair out of float is a nice way to keep people off the stage. Often times I get a dair on them right after. A hilarious thing I did was was actuallyI side b'da ganondorf and sent him into tumble, after which he couldn't get back. Mewtwo has some great edgeguards that could really improve your game.
One thing I saw you doing to get horizontal recovery was up b into shadow ball. However, if you have a decently charged shadow ball and are facing towards the stage, you can, i believe it's called, b reversal to turn the other direction immediately and use shadow ball to jump across the screen. Then up b back to get on the stage if you're not on it already. If you don't do the b reversal correctly though you may sd so be careful. This was a trick I was going to put up in my tips & tricks, but early release I guess lol.

But nice stuff. Just improve your edgeguard, and maybe your combos. You're already amazing as mewtwo, keep it up!

Shiny Mewtwo aka Jigglysir

PhD; Smash Community Studies
Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
Is this thread for combo videos, posting for critiques, or both? Just wondering, because I plan to get a streaming/recording setup for Christmas.
Any video with Mewtwo in it!

I'm going to post good quality tourney videos in the OP so people have 1 place where they can go to find videos for learning purposes, and people can post any of their videos in here and ask for a critique if they want one :)

I'll probably also post good combo videos and any videos that explain ATs well in the OP, so basically the OP will be the visual learning tool for Mewtwo mains!

MetaKnight0

Smash Lord
I recorded some matches today on Wi-fi.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHzzFFsyeC0&feature=youtu.b
I'm still getting used to Project M's mechanics, so I look like a noob at certain spots lol.

I'm having much difficulty fighting characters that can pressure Mewtwo relentlessly at jump height.

i think you need to work on fundamentals as a whole. l cancel shield grab dash dance

use nair more, dont auto throw a fully charged shadowball, try and edgeguard with back airs

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
MK0 those matches vs Roy on FD where thrilling! Nice work you did there. Mewtwo vs Roy looks like a hype matchup. Despite it looking like it being in Roy's favor.

Scythe

Smash Master
I've been playing around with mewtwo and I think he's really fun but i feel like i'm missing a lot of stuff with him. Here's some footage of me from the latest local
http://www.twitch.tv/expgamingil/b/486738776
1:48:49 -vs GaW( this matchup is weird : / )
2:02:00 -vs Samus ( long set with Rat)
3:10:40 -vs Wolf (hard as hell)

please point out some mewtwo stuff for meee

2 C H i L L E D

Eternal Hitstun
3DS FC
3956-0619-2163
I've been playing around with mewtwo and I think he's really fun but i feel like i'm missing a lot of stuff with him. Here's some footage of me from the latest local
http://www.twitch.tv/expgamingil/b/486738776
1:48:49 -vs GaW( this matchup is weird : / )
2:02:00 -vs Samus ( long set with Rat)
3:10:40 -vs Wolf (hard as hell)

please point out some mewtwo stuff for meee

I watched you vs. Rat's wolf. You did pretty damn good. Good use of floating and keep away. Teleports edgehogs were nice. I notice you really don't use dair not that you should use it alot, but you will be suprised how much it can set up for and the amount of damage you can build off of it. You never used confusion or Disable at least from what I watched. And I didn't see much jabing at close range. Jab works wonders with your grab, confusion and disable. Also I noticed you would use U-throw all the time (FastFallers ik), but for some reason when he was a kill % and you got a grab you would opt for a throw other than U throw which you should not do. You should also try to Teleport above your opponent sometimes and come down with a dair or nair. It gives you a mixup rather than just SH -> Teleport (Left or Right). Obviously you shouldnt just do this out of nowhere you should know where you're opponent is going to be or if he's expecting another SH -> LR Teleport if they throw out a random move to combat your teleport you'll just smash them from above. And work on your gimping. Disable is a great gimping tool if you're not in position for dair. Mewtwo has so many options for gimping so sometimes its hard to know which is the right one for the situation you're in. Honestly if you would have gimped more you would have had that. Wolf shouldn't be getting killed at 100%+ every stock. Some of those stocks you HAVE to cut down early because of Wolf's superior neutral game. All in all I enjoyed watching you play. The first sensible Mewtwo I've seen that actually takes advantage of the PMBR's new additions. Good **** Scythe, keep working on him.

Scythe

Smash Master
which one is confusion and which one is disable? lol
also thanks for all the input there, i def missed a lot of edgeguards.

edit: also about the lack of dair - I've been trying to use a lot of float and float-dair is really hard to control so that's prolly why i've hardly using it.

StriderAaron360

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheBlueStrider
which one is confusion and which one is disable? lol
also thanks for all the input there, i def missed a lot of edgeguards.

edit: also about the lack of dair - I've been trying to use a lot of float and float-dair is really hard to control so that's prolly why i've hardly using it.
Confusion is side B and Disable is down B

StriderAaron360

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheBlueStrider
Scythe, your movement with Mewtwo is on point! Against Wolf, I think floating edgeguard bairs and down smash at the ledge to snuff his up b recovery would be very helpful.

Scythe

Smash Master
damn i forgot about down smash lol. m2 has so many options, it'll be hard to incorporate everything.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Pardon this blatantly off topic inquiry. I was wondering if anyone knows the name of the remix that played in the BG for Mewtwo's Turbo video.

I'm probably going to hunt for over at the BRSTM Factory.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Pardon this blatantly off topic inquiry. I was wondering if anyone knows the name of the remix that played in the BG for Mewtwo's Turbo video.

I'm probably going to hunt for over at the BRSTM Factory.
every song used in a video by the PMBR is always featured in the description box located below the video.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
every song used in a video by the PMBR is always featured in the description box located below the video.

Just double checked and figured that out. I was on my way back here to alter that post on account of that realization. FORGIVE ME ;)

BTW, someone please demonstrate a decent integration of M2's jab in a combo. He's got plenty of options, but just like Melee safe jab use doesn't seem to be one of them.

2 C H i L L E D

Eternal Hitstun
3DS FC
3956-0619-2163
There are a couple of things you can do:

Jab --> Grab
Jab --> Disable
Jab --> Confusion
Jab --> Dtilt (You can repeat this a couple of times. But I wouldn't do it more than twice because they''ll probably CC the dtilt.)
Jab --> HC Aerial.

Those are the main ones I use, and of course all of them have even more followups since those moves generally lead into another hit.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Those are the main ones I use, and of course all of them have even more followups since those moves generally lead into another hit.

I've been meaning to look into this myself, but I haven't been able to find the time. What is the best method of transferring replays? Aside from the obvious method of using a capture card.

I'm sure it has its own funky file extension, but I'm sure some of that can be mitigated by Brawl Box and clever use of Fraps (or some other screen capture).

Xethos

Smash Cadet
To record replays using dolphin, it gets pretty complicated if the replays were recorded on a different device such as ur wii. That's why I'm just waiting for my capture card.

StrderAaron360 and 2 C H i L L E D thanks for the tricks. My capture will be arriving by next week at least so do you mind if I include those tricks in my tips & tricks video for beginners and mid level players? I will make sure to give u credit and a link to ur videos. Thanks!

StriderAaron360

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheBlueStrider
To record replays using dolphin, it gets pretty complicated if the replays were recorded on a different device such as ur wii. That's why I'm just waiting for my capture card.

StrderAaron360 and 2 C H i L L E D thanks for the tricks. My capture will be arriving by next week at least so do you mind if I include those tricks in my tips & tricks video for beginners and mid level players? I will make sure to give u credit and a link to ur videos. Thanks!
Yeah man go ahead!

Frost | Odds

Puddings: 1 /// Odds: 0
Roommate and I going to get a capture card soon; will upload videos for you guys when we get it figured out. He plays a pretty sick mewtwo, probably at least as good as MK0 (though it's impossible to tell without playing both). If only I could get him to actually practice his tech skill. >=(

My mewtwo does worst against squirtle, g&w, and Kirby. Maybe just my play style.
Pretty understandable; as swag&watch's projectiles can mess up your spacing game pretty hard, and you can't really compete with his dtilt or aerials. Can't help you there.

Kirby, though, is pretty strange. What exactly is giving you problems with Kirbs?

GeZ

Smash Lord
From what I've seen so far, people have good fundamentals, but still play as if they are uncomfortable with Mewtwo, which is a big nono. He really benefits from hard reads and head games, and so far I don't see anyone employing any of that. The video's that have been posted so far display good grasps of basics, respectively, but I feel that no video has shown a Mewtwo that was really hard on lock, or any of Mewtwo's adversaries that went full tilt. Hopefully we'll see more of that in the future.

Xethos

Smash Cadet
From what I've seen so far, people have good fundamentals, but still play as if they are uncomfortable with Mewtwo, which is a big nono. He really benefits from hard reads and head games, and so far I don't see anyone employing any of that. The video's that have been posted so far display good grasps of basics, respectively, but I feel that no video has shown a Mewtwo that was really hard on lock, or any of Mewtwo's adversaries that went full tilt. Hopefully we'll see more of that in the future.
Hopefully i can live up to ur discription. You pretty much described what I want my mewtwo to be lol. As of now, my mewtwo is a bit immature for pm, so ill hold off on the videos till I know I'm actually decent. But I agree. I dont actually own melee, but the reason I chose him as my "main" in melee is because of his mind game potential and zoning. Thats also the same reason snake is my main in pm, along with mewtwo now. It fits my personality i guess. But thanks for this description though, it actually helped me realize that Im forgetting the reason I picked mewtwo up in the first place. :)

GeZ

Smash Lord
Hopefully i can live up to ur discription. You pretty much described what I want my mewtwo to be lol. As of now, my mewtwo is a bit immature for pm, so ill hold off on the videos till I know I'm actually decent. But I agree. I dont actually own melee, but the reason I chose him as my "main" in melee is because of his mind game potential and zoning. Thats also the same reason snake is my main in pm, along with mewtwo now. It fits my personality i guess. But thanks for this description though, it actually helped me realize that Im forgetting the reason I picked mewtwo up in the first place. :)

Always happy to help. I await your matches with high hopes!

StriderAaron360

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheBlueStrider
Hopefully i can live up to ur discription. You pretty much described what I want my mewtwo to be lol. As of now, my mewtwo is a bit immature for pm, so ill hold off on the videos till I know I'm actually decent.
Yeah that's the same way I feel haha. I would like to put some of my recorded matches up, but my Mewtwo isn't good enough yet.

Youngster Joey

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4871-5018-1679
so im gonna be featured in a community combo video. would that be something to post here or are there too many other characters? i think im gonna be the only mewtwo in it and each player gets at least 4 clips. i can say now only 2 of my combos are "impressive" :p the rest are like 3 or 4 seconds

Top Bottom