• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Election Day '08: Obama Wins, Old guy doesn't

Who are you voting for in the US Presidential Election?

• Obama Biden

Votes: 204 72.1%
  • McCain Palin

Votes: 55 19.4%
  • Other

Votes: 24 8.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
You already could, Psycho.

What do you people not understand? The president doesn't do ****, especially over night. Welfare has been in affect for decades.

Obama will do nothing special and nothing will change. It's cool that a black man has become president in my lifetime--never thought that would happen.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
You already could, Psycho.

What do you people not understand? The president doesn't do ****, especially over night. Welfare has been in affect for decades.

Obama will do nothing special and nothing will change. It's cool that a black man has become president in my lifetime--never thought that would happen.
I realize that, I'm just made at something...so please just leave me alone right now...

I shouldn't go all emo and yell at people for other reasons...

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
It's 200k and if your in high school, having a job shouldn't affect your sholarship chances. Also provided 3.0ish GPA and willingness to spend your weekends online you can find an arbitrarily large amount of money in scholarships and grants for like anything. ANYTHING
Too bad that money goes to the college and doesn't lower the EFC which I must pay by law. Unless the scholarship does something illegal so that it doesn't go to the college.

Lovely

Smash Lord
This country was too based on racism, hopfully Obama winning could help the racsisim go down a lot. I believe that this country will get better as the time goes by now. :)

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Maybe if we don't tax the rich people so much then they could raise the poor people's wages / provide more people with jobs.
Heh heh heh heh, good one.

Wait, you're not serious are you?

marthanoob

Smash Journeyman
No it doesn't, you are just greedy and depressed because you don't have that much money
Omg. Why do I bother with such stupidity? Rhetorical question.

I'd like to point out the post where I said that more and more Republicans are self-righteous hypocrites.
Perfect example.

1. My family makes over 150k a year. My whole family is liberal. This is not related to how much money I have or will have. This is related to my opinions. Stop making ******** assumptions.

2. You are calling poor people greedy because they want lower taxes. Which is the party ALWAYS in favor of lower taxes? Maybe you should rethink who is greedy. Maybe you should consider that there is a difference between greed and need.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
This country was too based on racism, hopfully Obama winning could help the racsisim go down a lot. I believe that this country will get better as the time goes by now. :)
Why is Obama's race the most important thing to you people...you don't vote on someone based upon their race...

cman

Smash Ace
Do I really have to explain? I kinda did my own research for this stuff. It's pretty obvious when you think about it. There's a limit to everything, including natural resources. What happens if there's no wind? Clouds don't move. It's not like there's an unlimited of wind going into one air. I'm not saying that we'll run out of wind or something. Just that areas where wind used to travel freely will slow down that wind changing the climate.

Hydroelectric plants always affect how rivers run. It flooded an entire valley in Egypt when they built one (that came from the History Channel). Nuclear Fusion I'm iffy about since I don't think some physicists can be reliable (personal viewpoint). Imagine if something that had the energy of the sun went boom on the earth.

Solar energy works by absorbing the power of the sun. It isn't reflecting any of that energy back into the atmosphere. Imagine if we started sucking away at the heat in our atmosphere. It's exactly what the inundation of carbon emissions is doing.

The geothermal thing I got from something we watched in earth science in 7th grade.
Yes, you do have to explain. Wind loses energy when say... it hits a mountain. Why hasn't all wind already lost all of its energy???? Because wind comes from the uneven heating of the atmosphere by the great and all-powerful sun god. So show me the sources that you used, and i'll decide whether or not they are credible. If the only ones are the ones you listed, then i can safely ignore you.

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
Hope you're right, Lovely. Hope you're right.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

I'd like to point out the post where I said that more and more Republicans are self-righteous hypocrites.
Perfect example.

1. My family makes over 150k a year. My whole family is liberal. This is not related to how much money I have or will have. This is related to my opinions. Stop making ******** assumptions.

2. You are calling poor people greedy because they want lower taxes. Which is the party ALWAYS in favor of lower taxes? Maybe you should rethink who is greedy. Maybe you should consider that there is a difference between greed and need.
No, I was calling them greedy for trying to raise OTHER people's taxes, but whatever...read my last 2 posts...I am not in the condition to actually argue right now

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
Flaming still gets infractions, even in politics :D

And grats to Obama.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Lowering taxes on rich people won't help cuz they're greedy and will just keep the extra money for themselves.

Raising taxes on rich people won't help cuz they're greedy and will take more money from their companies for themselves.

Quail Man

Smash Apprentice
Why is Obama's race the most important thing to you people...you don't vote on someone based upon their race...
Other people already said this, but yeah, Obama got nearly all the black vote.

EDIT: I'm only saying there was a corrolation, I didn't say that Obama being black was the only reason he got the black vote. You can make that decision for yourself.

Omis

my friends were skinny

EDIT: I'm only saying there was a corrolation, I didn't say that Obama being black was the only reason he got the black vote.
On average black people are liberal democrats not conservative republicans, so race is not everything.

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator

EDIT: I'm only saying there was a corrolation, I didn't say that Obama being black was the only reason he got the black vote. You can make that decision for yourself.
In that case, the point of your post was... what?

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b

Perfect example.

This is like calling the kettle black. Face it, we are all psuedo-intellectual people with understanding based on school and sources we looked up. I have heard alot of elitist things from liberals. No johns, no ad homeniums.....which goes for conservatives too.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Yes, you do have to explain. Wind loses energy when say... it hits a mountain. Why hasn't all wind already lost all of its energy???? Because wind comes from the uneven heating of the atmosphere by the great and all-powerful sun god. So show me the sources that you used, and i'll decide whether or not they are credible. If the only ones are the ones you listed, then i can safely ignore you.
I already knew where wind comes from >_>;

What I'm trying to say, what happens if you have a wind farm that has enough power to slow down wind equivalent to a mountain? It'll obviously change the climate.

A_man13

Smash Master
Martin Luther King Jr. said to "Not judge people on the color of their skin, but the content of their heart." I'm not saying I don't respect him, but I wouldn't vote for Obama (If I could, of course) just because of his race.

And racism will always exist, but it should help a bit. In my opinion, however, it was too big of a trade off for me.

Lixivium

Smash Champion
1984 Walter Mondale 90% Ronald Reagan 9%
1988 Michael Dukakis 90% George H.W. Bush 10%
1992 Bill Clinton 83% George H.W. Bush 10%
1996 Bill Clinton 84% Bob Dole 12%
2000 Al Gore 90% George W. Bush 9%
2004 John Kerry 88% George W. Bush 11%

2008 Barack Obama >90% John McCain <10% (estimated)

Can you spot the pattern? Hint: It's not that Mondale, Dukakis, Clinton, Gore, and Kerry are all black.

Omis

my friends were skinny

Can you spot the pattern? Hint: It's not that Mondale, Dukakis, Clinton, Gore, and Kerry are all black.
This is exactly what I'm talking about. Blacks tend to vote democrat regardless of race.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'll wait for the final results to come in until I figure out the exact difference between the % of the black vote that those two got and Obama got.
If all voted were confidential, how would they exactly figure that out?

Blooqkazoo

Smash Journeyman
Anybody watch his speech? It was inspiring!

No, not really. Some Lincoln quotes, the future generation, and Yes We Can.

Quail Man

Smash Apprentice
If all voted were confidential, how would they exactly figure that out?
The same way they figured this out:

So Obama got over 90% (I thought I heard 95% on ABC), while no one else in the past 6 elections has. Assuming all else to be equal (it probably isn't, but that's the problem with statistics, so don't complain about it), then the canadite's race influenced this election by drawing slightly more black voters than usual.
edit: If that doesn't seem like very much, then think about it this way: there were only 10% of blacks remaining that didn't vote democrat before, and Obama managed to get half of them.

Anybody watch his speech? It was inspiring!

No, not really. Some Lincoln quotes, the future generation, and Yes We Can.
lol, I would like to. Do you know if/where it's been uploaded to the internet yet?

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
If you make more than 250,000 a year than it should be your moral duty to contribute to those less fortunate.
Because if you make $250,000, you're totally rolling around in cash, mirite? You're totally rich, living in a mansion, and the owner of 3 fancy cars, mirite?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom