• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Election Day '08: Obama Wins, Old guy doesn't

Who are you voting for in the US Presidential Election?

• Obama Biden

Votes: 204 72.1%
  • McCain Palin

Votes: 55 19.4%
  • Other

Votes: 24 8.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkslash

Smash Master
Strangely Enough in Britain its November the 5th

Remember, remember the Fifth of November,
The Gunpowder Treason and Plot,
I see no reason
Why the Gunpowder Treason
Should ever be forgot.
Guy Fawkes, Guy Fawkes, t'was his intent
To blow up the King and Parli'ment.
Three-score barrels of powder below
To prove old England's overthrow;
By God's providence he was catch'd
With a dark lantern and burning match.
Holloa boys, holloa boys, let the bells ring.
Holloa boys, holloa boys, God save the King!

I swear to god if some thing like that happens tomorrow and replace Parliament with Obama, ohh boy...

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Considering the time it would be over there, I would say sleepy.

EDIT: Wow, you guys post fast.

laki

Smash Apprentice
Nas
Whats the black pres thinking on election night,
Is it how can i protect my life? Protect my wife? Protect my rights?
Every other president was nothing less than white,
Except Thomas Jefferson a mixed Indian blood and Calvin Coolidge,
Kkk is like what the ****, loading they guns up, loading up mines to,
Ready to ride coz I'm riding with my crew, he dies we die too,
Yea but on a positive side, i think Obama provides hope,
And challenges minds or all races and colours,
To erase hate, and try to love one another, so many political snakes,
We in need of a break, I'm thinking I can trust this brother,
But will he keep it way real, every innocent ***** in jail get shot up in the field?
When he wins will he really care still?

M.K

Level 55
Congratulations America. You just elected a freaking nitwit.
When we get bombed and taxed to death (literally), I will be sitting in Canada LMAO'ing at your sorry butts. Have fun suffering in the worst presidency ever.

laki

Smash Apprentice
When we get bombed and taxed to death (literally), I will be sitting in Canada LMAO'ing at your sorry butts. Have fun suffering in the worst presidency ever.

Hate much?

Darkslash

Smash Master
Hey we got stuck with Harper...Sweater Vest and Heath care ftw

I some times wear a sweater vest in the summer. Uniform lulz

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
It's not about rich. It's about being able to afford a tax increase. 120k is a lot of income. Even if its not a lot in your area, it's more money than like 80% of Americans make unless that's both parents. My dad makes 70k working 2 jobs >_>
That's total family income. It is almost impossible to live in my area without that much money and not receive help from the government. I remember when my mom was only making 30,000$ and we were only able to pay for food because we rented our basement. Now my mom makes 120000$ and we barely break even. After taxes she brings home less than 1/3 of that. There's still utilities, food, school, retirement, healthcare (which really sucks in this area) and stuff me and my grandmother need. I wouldn't say I don't live comfortably but it's not like I can really go out and afford to go to movies or eat out that often.

Except the green energy Obama is working for.
Wat

Hydroelectric Energy: Oh now our rivers aren't running fast anymore. Expect to see some floods upstream. Downstream there won't be as much water.

Wind Energy: Weakens the wind. This could screw with the weather even more than carbon emissions can. Plus it takes a lot of energy to make a wind power plant.

Geothermal Energy: Lowers the pressure in the Earth's crust. Iceland (I think, may have been Greenland or some other Scandinavian Country) toyed with this and all of the sudden their geysers weren't as powerful. I really would rather not toy around with the pressure in the earth's crust (especially when yellowstone is due to erupt any year now).

Solar Energy: Absorbs sunlight which brings heat to the earth = less heat in atmosphere.

IMO Nuclear Energy is the way to go but people are scared of that. Even with Nuclear Fission there are only so many atoms in the universe. I also would like scientists to toy around with Nuclear Fusion on another planet. That could be really dangerous.

What politicians should do:

Use money raised from offshore drilling to invest in multiple alternative energy sources. Our current mentality of just all or nothing is not going to work with this stuff.

You could say that these are all extreme examples but I mean who would think that releasing some C02 in the air would affect weather patterns?

BTW, Obama def. won. I've known this since like 3 months ago.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Whether you agree with Obama's policies or not, that's pretty ****in' harsh.

And seriously, have you BEEN here the last 8 years? Or even the last few months?

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Well actually some people in the FBI did predict it in the Clition administration and the Bush administration.

I mean the Twin Towers being bombed wasn't anything new. Only a few actually thought it would be srs this time.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Where did I mock it at all? The USA was bombed and was a major tragety. Just saying that under the old government it has been bombed. (Three (or four) times if you want to count each plane)

How could you predict that the USA would be bombed because of Obama? If anything, you'd think that the terrorists might think twice now that he's in power.

EDIT: and what, seven years isn't long enough for it to be mentioned?

laki

Smash Apprentice
That's total family income. It is almost impossible to live in my area without that much money and not receive help from the government. I remember when my mom was only making 30,000$ and we were only able to pay for food because we rented our basement. Now my mom makes 120000$ and we barely break even. After taxes she brings home less than 1/3 of that. There's still utilities, food, school, retirement, healthcare (which really sucks in this area) and stuff me and my grandmother need. I wouldn't say I don't live comfortably but it's not like I can really go out and afford to go to movies or eat out that often.

Well on the plus side, Obama said he was only going to raise taxes on people who make more than 200k *meh*

And yeah being broke sucks. If your a kid nothin you can do. If your 16 or older, get a job and pray that Obama is a good prez and that the economy gets better cause if not, where ****ed in the next 20 years:urg:

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
Whoa, whazzup with all the hate?
You had to know that stuff like this was bound to happen in this thread. Difference of opinions leads to bad times in a lot of cases... actually, most. That's why we have war in this world.

Meta Kirby is scaring me, for serious, though, son.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Well on the plus side, Obama said he was only going to raise taxes on people who make more than 200k *meh*

And yeah being broke sucks. If your a kid nothin you can do. If your 16 or older, get a job and pray that Obama is a good prez and that the economy gets better cause if not, where ****ed in the next 20 years:urg:
If I got a job, I'd be eligible for less scholarships for college. It's messed up.

Obama also said 100,000$ is upper class I believe.

M.K

Level 55
Where did I mock it at all? The USA was bombed and was a major tragety. Just saying that under the old government it has been bombed. (Three (or four) times if you want to count each plane)

How could you predict that the USA would be bombed because of Obama? If anything, you'd think that the terrorists might think twice now that he's in power.
The terrorists would think twice?
Let me count down the ways that this is completely arbritrary:

1) Iraq and Iran terrorists supported Obama in office. Hmm, I wonder why? Maybe because...

2) Obama is an idiot when it comes to military. He will falter under the pressure, and when something as bad as 9/11 happens, he will crack.

JrdnS

Smash Ace
Laki:
^$120,000 a year is not being broke. if youre broke youre mom is lying to you about how much she makes.

cman

Smash Ace
Wat

Hydroelectric Energy: Oh now our rivers aren't running fast anymore. Expect to see some floods upstream. Downstream there won't be as much water.

Wind Energy: Weakens the wind. This could screw with the weather even more than carbon emissions can. Plus it takes a lot of energy to make a wind power plant.

Geothermal Energy: Lowers the pressure in the Earth's crust. Iceland (I think, may have been Greenland or some other Scandinavian Country) toyed with this and all of the sudden their geysers weren't as powerful. I really would rather not toy around with the pressure in the earth's crust (especially when yellowstone is due to erupt any year now).

Solar Energy: Absorbs sunlight which brings heat to the earth = less heat in atmosphere.

IMO Nuclear Energy is the way to go but people are scared of that. Even with Nuclear Fission there are only so many atoms in the universe. I also would like scientists to toy around with Nuclear Fusion on another planet. That could be really dangerous.

What politicians should do:

Use money raised from offshore drilling to invest in multiple alternative energy sources. Our current mentality of just all or nothing is not going to work with this stuff.

You could say that these are all extreme examples but I mean who would think that releasing some C02 in the air would affect weather patterns?
Sources on all this stuff??

metalmonstar

Smash Lord
I am greatly concerned for the future of the United States. Though I can't say I wouldn't feel this way even if Mccain had won. I really hope this country doesn't go down the tubes, but then considering the last couple of years I find it hard that anything will get out of this cycle.

doom dragon 105

Smash Lord
I love my country till death, I think we are the greatest and I love it, and I think now we can come back to being #1 with Obama!

GOD BLESS TH U.S.A. NOW AND FOREVER!

marthanoob

Smash Journeyman
The terrorists would think twice?
Let me count down the ways that this is completely arbritrary:

1) Iraq and Iran terrorists supported Obama in office. Hmm, I wonder why? Maybe because...

2) Obama is an idiot when it comes to military. He will falter under the pressure, and when something as bad as 9/11 happens, he will crack.
Whoa...assumption alert.

Obama may be inexperienced, but he is willing to spend money. And you can't really get more idiot than Bush.

Where has he ever cracked in the past? You are saying this with absolutely no reason other than some deep-seated hatred. Base your speculations off of the past at least. I see him as a very calm and composed person.

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
...Excuse me, "when" something as bad as 9/11 happens? Please, don't say stuff like that. We don't ever need another 9/11. Also, what exactly makes you think Obama is an idiot concerning military practices?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom